question about yellow foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i was reading in bobbi brown's book that almost everyone looks good in a yellow based foundation. I am still trying to find the perfect one, and I have light skin with pink undertines. Should I try a yellow one?

This is true MOST (not all) of the time, u just have to make sure its blended well into ur neck and decollete
wink.gif

I have very pink skin and I used to use foundations that matched my skin tone. I was never that happy about it! Once I started using yellow based foundations, I find that my skin tone is more even. I'm much happier with the results (although this might have to do with the brands I use as well!)

The reason she says that is because 70% have a yellow undertone.
smile.gif
HOwever Yellow concealer is great for dis -colord skin ONLY! YOu should use a concealer in your skin tone category.
smile.gif

About foundation... some makeup artists say to add pink to yellow skin, and add yellow to pink skin (to neutralize) and other makeup artists say to just match perfectly!
smile.gif
I think its good to have everything match my neak, and since I am pink, i use a tint of yellow underton in the center of my face so I look a bit warmer.

the best bet is to just do one on each side of face, and decide wich one you like better.
smile.gif

I had a roommate with definite pink undertones to her skin (she also had strawberry-blonde hair and pale skin) and she always preferred pink foundations and didn't like how yellow foundations looked on her. But then I've heard other people say they prefer yellow foundation with pink skin. I say try any color you want, but just make sure that your foundation is well-blended and still looks natural -- no one wants that noticeable line where your foundation ends at your jawline!

I kind of agree with Shanel; I've heard several makeup artists on TV say it's best to match the skin on your neck rather than your face, so that your makeup will blend into your neck and you won't get that line.
smile.gif

I personally just match my foundation as close to my skin as I can; anything else tends to look unnatural (or obvious that I'm wearing mu!)

honestly I don´t know what undertones I have in my skin, but I´ve only tried a yellow based foundation once and it made me look really dull, almost mask-like.

Originally Posted by Arielle honestly I don´t know what undertones I have in my skin, but I´ve only tried a yellow based foundation once and it made me look really dull, almost mask-like. look at the inside of your arm, that is the place that its obvious!
smile.gif

I think matching to your skintone is better than picking one color over another. The whole point is that people shouldn't be able to tell where your foundation begins and ends, so a perfect match is a must.
smile.gif

Gosh its so awefull when you see someone with that obvious demarcation line.The face is one color and the neck another.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I myself use foundation with yellow in it.

you can go to your prescriptives makeup counter
icon14.gif
and get a "color match". they'll tell you what your undertones are and the shade that will work best for you. i've been getting the custom blend foundation for a couple of years now and it always looks great. i figure if i'm going to wear makeup everyday, i might as well spend alittle extra and be pleased everytime.

Latest posts

Back