Question for international buyers - delivery ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In have been waiting for an order from Silk Naturals for almost two weeks now, it doesn't seem long but I'm so eager to get my hands on the brush set I ordered that it seems to take forever for this order to arrive. Moreover I usually got all my orders from this company very quickly (a week) so I'm starting to worry.

i think you can wait another week, the longest i've waited was 3 weeks for some makeup stuff. and don't forget it's christmas, you know how low our post office is working during that time
smile.gif
(but it would be so great if you had it just before christmas so you could play with your new tools
wink.gif
).

yeah I know how slow and inconsistent our dear postal service can be sometimes, it's so frustrating like I said before especially as some people who ordered after i did have already received their new toys ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Actually I was not planning to write to the owner until after new year's to make sure I had been patient enough.

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would send them an e mail. the will tell you that you will keep it for you. edm is great. and you very honest.. :)

Thank you so much for your advice
smile.gif
I emailed them today and explained the situation and asked what the procedure is for this type of scenario. It would not have felt right to me to just keep the package. I know for some people it would be okay, but I didn't feel that it would have been very honourable. So we'll see what they say...I really hope that I don't have to spend $$ shipping it back to the US.
scared.gif

Originally Posted by ondine /img/forum/go_quote.gif In have been waiting for an order from Silk Naturals for almost two weeks now, it doesn't seem long but I'm so eager to get my hands on the brush set I ordered that it seems to take forever for this order to arrive. Moreover I usually got all my orders from this company very quickly (a week) so I'm starting to worry. You aren't the only one. I have been waiting since 12/4.

Originally Posted by agatapas /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, Kim is nice and Kathy, Suzanne and other girls are nice two. The customer service is really good and they always respond very quickly to my e-mails.
I've ordered from Lumiere few times, and never had problem with shippment. This time, when I wanted to get my order fast, the order disappeared.

I hope my order will turn up soon, I've never had a lost package before. And 5 months - what a surprise it was ??
smile.gif

Sometimes Polish postal system is loosing packages. Sometimes they just wait at the post office, cos they forgot to leave you appropriate notification. And I know when I'm waiting too long for the package is good to check your local office.

The US packages sent with First Class are not registered in anyway, so they can keep them for a long time.

I had a case once, that my package was delivered to my neighbour. But he returned the package to me, so I doubt he would decide to keep this one (if this is the case).

well if you see your male neighbour looking younger, and glowing, and better looking, you must ask him for your Lumiere!!!

seriously, its a pain living abroad and having the wait for post from overseas.

letters take 2 weeks to get back to england to my family, and thats not counting christmas!

good luck.
vogel.gif

I have found that it takes approx 6 days to ship from the US to the UK plus of course the time it takes to process the order. I put an order into Silk Naturals on the 4th Dec too but it wasn't processed until the 10th - Kim must be really busy! I have received it on the 16th. I agree it is a pain having to wait but there isn't much choice in the UK and also the prices are a lot higher so as long a I plan ahead and keep organised, it is better still.

Originally Posted by ondine /img/forum/go_quote.gif yeah I know how slow and inconsistent our dear postal service can be sometimes, it's so frustrating like I said before especially as some people who ordered after i did have already received their new toys ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />Actually I was not planning to write to the owner until after new year's to make sure I had been patient enough.

lol ! i'm not sure i would be as patient (though i'm making sure i check the mail everyday just to see if my fyrinnae order is here, silly me
tocktock.gif
).

Don't forget, shipping is slow at this time of the year! I've got a parcel waiting at the post office I had almost given up on.

Slightly OT - I am in Canada and I am classified as "international" by some MMU companies in the US. A couple will not send to you at all; but quite a few have raised rates.

I had ordered two items from Valerie Beauty during her liquidation sale. I paid $1.44 in shipping charges.

I went to reorder some items from Valerie Beauty and my cart was showing over $16.00 in shipping charges on three jars of product!!

I emailed the company. Email and response below. Unfortunately I won't be ordering from her again.

Shipping charges....
My order in cart is showing ovr $16.00 USPS shipping charges. My last order was $1.44 in shipping charges for two items.

Is the cart overestimating shipping charges? Big difference from last order and this order.

I do want to order but I do not want to pay $16.00 plus in shipping charges.

thank you
Hi Terri,
I'm awfully sorry about that. As of yesterday, I've had to discontinue offering First Class International shipping. I've had too many claims of "lost" packages, as well as the hassles that come with having to process customs forms at the post office.

By only offering Priority International, the parcels have tracking to help prevent claims of packages not arriving, as well as enabling me to bypass the customs forms by processing the postage online with Priority. I am sorry for the added expense, but it was either that, or not offering International shipping at all anymore.

Warmest Regards,

Valerie

You've just de-enabled me from Valerie, at least while I'm in Canada, so - thank-you! Her stuff looks lovely, but I can't afford to spend more money, especially not huge shipping amounts.

Usually it takes two to four weeks to get things to the left coast here, the record, though, is held by EDM, which took over four months. (They did replace the sample after eight weeks when I wrote, the original turned up four months after I'd ordered it in various states of smashed.)

Originally Posted by Gavriela /img/forum/go_quote.gif You've just de-enabled me from Valerie, at least while I'm in Canada, so - thank-you! Her stuff looks lovely, but I can't afford to spend more money, especially not huge shipping amounts.
Usually it takes two to four weeks to get things to the left coast here, the record, though, is held by EDM, which took over four months. (They did replace the sample after eight weeks when I wrote, the original turned up four months after I'd ordered it in various states of smashed.)

While Valerie Beauty has some very pretty things it was a HUGE disappointment to pick some things out (on sale!) and then see that huge shipping charge.
Once I receive shipping confirmation I know I will be waiting at least a week; maybe two weeks. Not all companies send confirmations.

The longest wait so far is the Lumiere pre-buy brush sale. I don't think she started shipping any orders under till end of Novemeber. I am still waiting for mine as I placed my order on the last day.

I know how you fellow Canadian ladies feel about outrageous shipping charges. I'm pretty miffed that some companies won't even ship to Canada at all.

I'm waiting for my sample order from Taylor Made Minerals for almost 3 weeks and I'm afraid it might be lost. She has adjusted her shipping rates recently and due to many packages lost internationally ( includes Canada) she will not replace any lost shipments unless you pay for priority shipping. If you pay regular shipping and package is lost you would have to pay about $12 to have it reshipped.

Originally Posted by togal /img/forum/go_quote.gif I know how you fellow Canadian ladies feel about outrageous shipping charges. I'm pretty miffed that some companies won't even ship to Canada at all.
I'm waiting for my sample order from Taylor Made Minerals for almost 3 weeks and I'm afraid it might be lost. She has adjusted her shipping rates recently and due to many packages lost internationally ( includes Canada) she will not replace any lost shipments unless you pay for priority shipping. If you pay regular shipping and package is lost you would have to pay about $12 to have it reshipped.

Did you receive a shipping confirmation? Once I have a shipping confirmation then I have an idea of how long it takes to arrive. Some companies do not send a shipping confirmation at all. Usually it is 7 - 14 business days from the time of actual shipping (meaning it actually is in the hands of USPS.)

If you pay regular shipping and package is lost you would have to pay about $12 to have it reshipped.

Really who would pay an additional $12.00 for an order?

Originally Posted by autumnagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif Did you receive a shipping confirmation? Once I have a shipping confirmation then I have an idea of how long it takes to arrive. Some companies do not send a shipping confirmation at all. Usually it is 7 - 14 business days from the time of actual shipping (meaning it actually is in the hands of USPS.)

If you pay regular shipping and package is lost you would have to pay about $12 to have it reshipped.

Really who would pay an additional $12.00 for an order?
I don't think I ever received a shipping confirmation from TMM. Since I only ordered samples, they are usually sent in a regular envelope. I will be patient since it is a very busy time of year. And about the $12 or so re-shipping fee...I think TMM just wants you to pay the priority shipping cost to begin with. Personally I think it's too steep to pay that much for samples or small orders.

The etailers I like that have reasonable shipping to Canada are:

Lumiere (free shipping)

Fyrinnae ($2.50 or free shipping for orders over $25)

Lure Beauty (based on weight...cheap)

Silk Naturals (based on weight...cheap)

The She Space ($3.00 under $25, $3.50 under $35....)

The etailers I like that have reasonable shipping to Canada are:

Lumiere (free shipping)

Fyrinnae ($2.50 or free shipping for orders over $25)

Lure Beauty (based on weight...cheap)

Silk Naturals (based on weight...cheap)

The She Space ($3.00 under $25, $3.50 under $35....)

I agree with above list and would like to add Aubrey Nicole (free shipping special). Also both my orders with Silk Naturals were free shipping specials but IF I did pay shipping it would have been $3.00 or so.

I had also ordered Jenulence samples a while back with free shipping on samples, then a full size foundation (HG). Shipping costs are $3.00 on a jar of foundation; I might add some other stuff. I really can live with a few dollars in shipping costs but when they insist on Priority Mail and it is over $15.00 for three jars of products; well suddenly I just can't afford to do business with that company.

Any other companies (MMU or otherwise!) that have reasonable rates to Canada that I might be overlooking??

I'm not sure about Lumiere anymore - the last order I placed with them (despite the 'international free ship') didn't have a free shipping option - it was $2.35, but that's reasonable.

In worse news, I finally got stung by customs today - on a $25 order from Silk Naturals - $10.37 including the handling fee. Ghaa, I hate when that happens. Shouldn't complain, though, cos I have bought lots more expensive stuff, and got off scot-free. But I still have some brushes coming, so....

Originally Posted by autumnagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif Any other companies (MMU or otherwise!) that have reasonable rates to Canada that I might be overlooking??[/size]

I can't remember how much it was (which means it wasn't bad), but I did order some stuff from The She Space - she's finally taken down the 'no shipping to Canada', which she'd originally put up because it takes so long to get things here.
In bad news, it's been three weeks and it hasn't got here, but that often happens, especially this time of year. I won't complain unless it goes six weeks or more. If you're an eye shadow junkie, you need to have a look at her stuff
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Gavriela /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not sure about Lumiere anymore - the last order I placed with them (despite the 'international free ship') didn't have a free shipping option - it was $2.35, but that's reasonable.
In worse news, I finally got stung by customs today - on a $25 order from Silk Naturals - $10.37 including the handling fee. Ghaa, I hate when that happens. Shouldn't complain, though, cos I have bought lots more expensive stuff, and got off scot-free. But I still have some brushes coming, so....

Thanks for the warning about your $25.00 order being held. I do place $25.00 orders so maybe I should really watch the $$ amounts.
Was the $2.35 for brush insurance? Did you order brushes from Lumiere?

Originally Posted by autumnagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the warning about your $25.00 order being held. I do place $25.00 orders so maybe I should really watch the $$ amounts.
Was the $2.35 for brush insurance? Did you order brushes from Lumiere?

No - it was for a bronzer ($8 or $9, I think). The free shipping may already have ended. Or I could've just got lucky with a site quirk that day.
I ordered a bunch more brushes from SN the day before the price was going to go up, and I've still got a baby buki, a flat top, and a crease brush coming from that (the extra eyeshadow brushes and one of the baby bukis already made it, tax free), so that's a bit worrying on the customs front. But my originals didn't get hit, and I got two of her make-up bags and those didn't get dinged for customs either.

I swear it's the phase of the moon or something with the customs people.

Originally Posted by Gavriela /img/forum/go_quote.gif No - it was for a bronzer ($8 or $9, I think). The free shipping may already have ended. Or I could've just got lucky with a site quirk that day.
I ordered a bunch more brushes from SN the day before the price was going to go up, and I've still got a baby buki, a flat top, and a crease brush coming from that (the extra eyeshadow brushes and one of the baby bukis already made it, tax free), so that's a bit worrying on the customs front. But my originals didn't get hit, and I got two of her make-up bags and those didn't get dinged for customs either.

I swear it's the phase of the moon or something with the customs people.

I think the Lumiere shipping options was a system glitch. It happened to me several times when I ordered, and then I emailed Kim and she just sent me an invoice without the shipping charge.
It's strange how Canada Customs works. The rule of thumb for me is to keep my orders around $20 and under. Sometimes it may be worth it to separate your order into smaller ones if the shipping is cheap to avoid the $5 admin fee and taxes. However, like you, there have been some whopper orders I had that totally avoided the tax man.

Latest posts

Back