Question for international buyers - delivery ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would like to ask all international people here (I mean outside US). Have you ever had a situation of not receiving your package ??

To tell the truth, I just have a case like this. I ordered form a shop which is certainly reliable and I'm sure they shipped the package. I wait a month now and I still haven't got my package.

This have never happened to me before. That's why I'm wondering if you have ever had such a case ??

Is there any chance of receiving the package after the month ??

I would be grateful for any comments.

well to be honest this has happened to me most times I've ordered online, but the items had not been shipped, so I was able to write an angry email to the company asking them to update me on the status of my order.

If I were you, I would ring the post office and ask if there had been anything delivered for you - if it is a large package they may have left a note saying that it is available for pickup at the local office.

Alternatively, customs may have siezed it for whatever reason and you may need to ask them.

I'd start with the company and ask if they were definate that they had shipped the items. If they were sure, I'd ask the local post office and go from there.

Best of luck chicken, I hope your items turn up!

It never happened to me before but overseas shipping can be VERY long around this time of the year. My parents live in Hungary and I send them Xmass present every year. It takes around 6 weeks! On the other hand once I send them package at the spring and they got it in 2,5 weeks.

I was at my post office, and they do not know nothing about my package.

Asking customs is out of the question while they do not give information like that.

I always got my orders quite fast. For some I had to wait two weeks, but never more. I've recently ordered some samples from She Space and they came within 4 days, what is a world record for me.

As to the place from where I ordered - yes they are positive they shipped the items, and I have no reasons not to trust them. I've ordered there before and never had a problem with the shippment.

The order was not worth a lot, but still. The shop wants to resend it to me and their customer service is just wonderful. However I feel bad about this situation, it would be much better if I got original package.

But it's over a month right now, so I lost hope that I'll ever get it.

I've had parcels take several weeks when others have arrived in a few days. Rarely, a parcel can end up being shipped by surface mail by accident rather than airmail. This has happened to me before and it takes 6-8 weeks to arrive from the US.

I have always received my packages no matter how long it took. The longest I've waited was 2 months and the fastest was 5 days. Right now being the start of the holidays, I've been expecting a few packages that I should have gotten a few weeks ago and the P.O still has no record of them. I'm still waiting and hopefully I get them this week.

well at least you will get your items - that's great news.

I have always been warned when purchasing products that they may be held by customs. In australia you can ring and ask them but I guess different countries have different rules about this stuff.

Anyway, glad to hear that it will get sorted out, although understand how you feel - it's frustrating not to know what happened to the original package!

never. the longest i waited was 1 month and the fastest was 10 days.

i email the company to inform them about the delay. in my experience oceanmist, everyday minerals and lumiere cosmetics have really great customer service.

i also call the local post office to do follow ups.

The place where I placed my order is Lumiere and they are in constant contact with me, and I have to admit their customer service is wonderful.

Maybe I should wait some more before I ask them to resend the package. I would feel awful if I got new package and than after some time the original one.

The MMU companies are usually very helpful, but I feel bad especially that it happened to my Lumiere order.

Last time my brushes wasn't ok, and Kim sent me new brushes on their cost. Than she also sent me a free samples of cashmere foundation just to try.

And now when I placed my order for cashmere foundation it's lost in space. Hate it. I really hate it.

I've had a few that didn't turn up, and one that turned up 5 months after it was sent, I could see the date stamp on the package!

lumiere? too bad it hapend with this company. i got my orders from lumiere in 10 days which is really fast. i agree, kim is really very nice.

Yes, Kim is nice and Kathy, Suzanne and other girls are nice two. The customer service is really good and they always respond very quickly to my e-mails.

I've ordered from Lumiere few times, and never had problem with shippment. This time, when I wanted to get my order fast, the order disappeared.

I hope my order will turn up soon, I've never had a lost package before. And 5 months - what a surprise it was ??
smile.gif

Sometimes Polish postal system is loosing packages. Sometimes they just wait at the post office, cos they forgot to leave you appropriate notification. And I know when I'm waiting too long for the package is good to check your local office.

The US packages sent with First Class are not registered in anyway, so they can keep them for a long time.

I had a case once, that my package was delivered to my neighbour. But he returned the package to me, so I doubt he would decide to keep this one (if this is the case).

My Lumiere samples turned up in 6 days from shipping but I am still waiting for my Silk naturals stuff (its only 6 days so far but I can't wait!)

Here, in Italy, the situation is DRAMATIC...!

First, for packet from outside Europe/Schengen area, we risk custom duty, (that are random...), and packages stay months and months in a deposit (before or after the controls fot the duties), and we just can wait for the operation.

Second, we another problem if we buy make-up...it's called NOS, and it is a stupid thing: we have to pay for an health control of the item, and we have to self-certificate that control.
sleepyhead.gif

well, my order from the UK took two weeks to be delivered, from the US three weeks and from Japan about the same.

i'm currently waiting for the vintage jewelry i ordered, it's been more than 3 weeks since i got the email warning me it has been shipped, but i still have some hopes(my post office also has what i suspect the habit of loosing packages and playing football with them, arg !). if in the middle of december nothing has come home i will ask for a refund.

my jewelry just came in today, so i suggest you wait a bit more before you ask for a refund.

Originally Posted by agatapas /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would like to ask all international people here (I mean outside US). Have you ever had a situation of not receiving your package ??
To tell the truth, I just have a case like this. I ordered form a shop which is certainly reliable and I'm sure they shipped the package. I wait a month now and I still haven't got my package.

This have never happened to me before. That's why I'm wondering if you have ever had such a case ??

Is there any chance of receiving the package after the month ??

I would be grateful for any comments.

hi thereI order from OMC 2 concelaers befor 1 month ago and I didnt receive it yet . but I writed to the CS and the say to wait more few days and to tell her if I not get it.

I have more packge that didnt arrived yet. from sweetycosemtics.

but in the last times I got from them a pakages so I dont worry. it late but I will wait!

I got most of my later orders, than Lumiere. I also got a notification that something is awaiting for me at the post office.

Unfortunately it was not Lumiere. All of my last two packages came open in a special protective plastic bag, with information that they came open to Poland.

Maybe someone just stole my order from Lumiere and I'll never get it. It's a fifth week now that I'm waiting and I don't think I'll ever get it.

I certainly order too much. But people at my post office know me, so if there was anythingt the mailman would certainly leave a notification. I asked at the post office if maybe they have another package for me, but no luck unfortunately.

I think it's time to ask Lumiere to resend the package. I would like to have my foundation before Christmas. I just wish it happend with any other package, and not this one from Lumiere.

Latest posts

Back