question for NYCers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...or if someone else knows the answer.

i was in manhattan tonight walking from 59th to 42nd (grand central terminal) and the whole way i was walking, there was cops on EVERY block, as well as detectives, security, etc. anyway, everyone looked normal, so i didn't think much of it. then, as i continued to walk, everyone put their sirens on and they all drove off. i was wondering if anyone knew what that was all about?

not sure if it's related, but the waldorf astoria (not sure if that's what it's called, the place where the hiltons live(d)) was pretty busy. maybe celebrities or something?

not important. i'm just nosy
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer ...or if someone else knows the answer.
i was in manhattan tonight walking from 59th to 42nd (grand central terminal) and the whole way i was walking, there was cops on EVERY block, as well as detectives, security, etc. anyway, everyone looked normal, so i didn't think much of it. then, as i continued to walk, everyone put their sirens on and they all drove off. i was wondering if anyone knew what that was all about?

not sure if it's related, but the waldorf astoria (not sure if that's what it's called, the place where the hiltons live(d)) was pretty busy. maybe celebrities or something?

not important. i'm just nosy
icon_redface.gif

Lol, I live in Manhattan and I didn't notice that at all! Probably just someone famous, or maybe someone in the governement!

Bush is in the city for an appearance at the UN. Gridlock is a biatch, especially when you need to drive around alot. Will be the same all week I believe.

ikebana, it was weird because it was only on that avenue! all the other ones were normal.

sofi, maybe that's it then.

thanks
smile.gif

Yup - Sofi's right and this morning around Herald Square, the cops were preventing trucks from driving up 6th Avenue too.

Today was serious murder driving around and unfortunately there was nothing I could do about it. I need to drive for work. I haven't seen this many cops and road blocks since after 9/11. Forget about 1st - 5th avenues, it was just crazy. Everything was closed for blocks. Just had to make sure I had some good music and I was prepared to have my foot on the brake most of the time.

Good thing I don't have to drive! And yup, I just found out that Bush is in town too!

Latest posts

Back