Question for those of you that use mineral makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I just purchased Bare Minerals makeup and really love the way it looks but theres one problem. I have very dry skin especially under my eyes. Well when I use the concealer, foundation, and powder...it seems to dry up under my eyes even more. I have even tried using moisturizer before I put anything on and it still does it. Does anyone else have this problem and how do you fix it???

The powder seems to soak up the moisturiser. I put my moisturisers on then go brush my teeth, get coffee, feed the cats, whatever... then put the foundation on. Gives the moisturiser time to soak in.

I have oily skin and am really not sure that powder foundations are good for dry skin.

Hey Dimples, welcome to MUT!

As a MUA, I honestly find that emollient (creamy) foundations are best for dry skin. Powder tends to sit on the surface of dry skin, making the skin appear even more dehydrated. Try a creamy foundation and if you need to set it, use sheer or translucent powder.

I used BE for awhile - Bisque, Mineral Veil, and the Mineral Foundation. I have normal skin, but the skin under my eyes is quite dry. Even with an emoillent eye cream, I still could not use Bisque under my eyes as concealor. I had much better luck using a creamy concealor in place of Bisque under my eyes - I found Bisque to work great on my face though. HTHS!

Thanks so much for your replies. I think you are probably right about powders not being meant for people with dry skin. I think I'll just use a cream concealer under my eyes and then use the foundation and powder on the rest of my face. Thanks again!!!!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dimples33 Ok I just purchased Bare Minerals makeup and really love the way it looks but theres one problem. I have very dry skin especially under my eyes. Well when I use the concealer, foundation, and powder...it seems to dry up under my eyes even more. I have even tried using moisturizer before I put anything on and it still does it. Does anyone else have this problem and how do you fix it??? Absolutely...Yeah, I have a little dry skin now...(& I've earned it over the years, - I'm entitled)...all the kidding aside....its very drying - granted this stuff is good for people with oily skin.....BUT.....with dry skin, it really doesaccents the flaws more so (you are very right on the money with that)...

However, I came up with a solution to it....After you put your moisturizer on,....put a light thin coat of liquid foundation on first...let it set....Then use your bare mineral makeup over it....100% better ! Hey, with the money you spent on the stuff., you gotta make it work for you - not against you!!...
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back