Question Of The Day ~ September 4th

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's for supper? (Or as you city-folk call it, dinner....)

For once I am not the one cooking tonight! I don't know if I want to be happy or sad about that.... I love to cook but on the other hand it's nice to have a break.

Well anyway, my dad is the one who's cooking tonight and he's making spaghetti and meatballs. The meatballs are frozen ones that I made about 2 months ago. And he's making some homemade spaghetti sauce; gotta use up some of the tomatoes we've got. We planted 2 cherry tomatoe plants and about 20 regular ones. lol we have soooo many tomatoes right now it's sickening..... But we will be canning them so we'll have plenty for winter and till next year when we start over again. What fun! Seriously, I do love having fresh veggies and fruits from our garden. The hard work is well worth it because the food just tastes SO much better than buying from the store!
biggrin.gif

Yum! I love home-grown tomatoes. My mom lives in Beaver, PA and she has a nice little veggie garden. I was up there last month and got to have some of her t'maters..mmm! I'm making "Taco Soup" for the weekend. The texture is almost like chili and it's so filling and good! Basically it's a pot of tomato soup mixed with beef, sauteed onions, chick peas, black and red beans, creamed corn, RoTel chilis with taco seasoning and a bit of Hidden Vally Ranch mix.

Originally Posted by MysticWolf What's for supper? (Or as you city-folk call it, dinner....)
For once I am not the one cooking tonight! I don't know if I want to be happy or sad about that.... I love to cook but on the other hand it's nice to have a break.

Well anyway, my dad is the one who's cooking tonight and he's making spaghetti and meatballs. The meatballs are frozen ones that I made about 2 months ago. And he's making some homemade spaghetti sauce; gotta use up some of the tomatoes we've got. We planted 2 cherry tomatoe plants and about 20 regular ones. lol we have soooo many tomatoes right now it's sickening..... But we will be canning them so we'll have plenty for winter and till next year when we start over again. What fun! Seriously, I do love having fresh veggies and fruits from our garden. The hard work is well worth it because the food just tastes SO much better than buying from the store!
biggrin.gif

Haven't actually thought about it..Probably some sort of beef accompanied with a form of potato side..LOL My husband is a picky eater so finding new thing to do with beef and potatoes is a challenge

LOL SUPPER!!!! I hear that when I go to WIsconsin!

Dinner is Lunch and Supper is Dinner, OMG..........phew!

Ok anyhow, we had homemade chicken tacos that Reija made. She also made homemade salsa then after that homemade muffins and homemade cookies....

Sat out on a super warm night by the pool and at them all.

Whoa!

HOmemade is the word of the night over here

Originally Posted by MysticWolf

What's for supper? (Or as you city-folk call it, dinner....)

biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by allisong Haven't actually thought about it..Probably some sort of beef accompanied with a form of potato side..LOL My husband is a picky eater so finding new thing to do with beef and potatoes is a challenge Have you made garlic mashed potatoes? You think he'd like that? It's really yummy. To freshly mashed potatoes (either boxed or scratch) add: 1/2 tsp rosemary 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese (the kind in the can) 1 Tbsp butter/margarine 1 garlic clove, finely diced (food processor=better than knife) Mix above into mashed potatoes and heat. Add a milk to make smooth and creamy. Anyway ... to answer the question, I did not have dinner tonight, but I did have some popcorn at the movies! Yum! I was away from home too long to grab dinner. After reading your posts, I'm SUPER hungry!

Where i live we have breakfast , dinner and tea. If your posh its lunch and then dinner. I am an avid cook and grow my own veggies and herbs too. I have loads of recipes if you want any . I make mostly traditional English food like stews, casseroles,roasts etc but its all healthy stuff. Some people say English food is horrible but mines not lol. Eating out here is very expensive and to be quite honest, i cook better at home. Today, i am roasting a chicken with herbs and butter and making carrotts, cabbage and roasted parsnips and potatoes with stuffing balls. For pudding, im making apple pie and cream. I feed my neighbour whos on her own and my mom and daughter and my cats. My cats are both house cats and very very spoiled with food. They will only eat the chicken breast as they are picky. They are my little babies . I will only buy organic meat as i dont like the thought of the stuff the animals have been fed with such as antibiotics etc.

Copy this to the recipe forum! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Californian

Have you made garlic mashed potatoes? You think he'd like that? It's really yummy.To freshly mashed potatoes (either boxed or scratch) add:

1/2 tsp rosemary

2 Tbsp parmesan cheese (the kind in the can)

1 Tbsp butter/margarine

1 garlic clove, finely diced (food processor=better than knife)

Mix above into mashed potatoes and heat. Add a milk to make smooth and creamy.

Anyway ... to answer the question, I did not have dinner tonight, but I did have some popcorn at the movies! Yum! I was away from home too long to grab dinner. After reading your posts, I'm SUPER hungry!

Latest posts

Back