Question of the Day

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In keeping with MysticWolf tradition, I pose to you the question of the day:

Q: What is the last gift that you bought for someone?

moneyani.gif
mutcreditcards.gif
mut100bucks.gif

I got a book for everyone at work called 'The Boston Dictionary'

I'm from Boston originally and they're always trying to talk in a Boston accent so I thought I'd help them along.

Outside of that I gave my son beaucoup dinero for his 18th birthday.

I bought a Gymboree jean jacket (really cute) for a 1-year-old with a surfer tee that goes underneath. Before that, I bought a pair of spiderman gloves that shoot "webs" for a distant niece. LOL. She loved it!

1442-0025_main_34d25.jpg
B00005YWOQ.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

I bought my little cousin a Hilary Duff blowdryer and Hilary Duff hair products. She is a tween and is crazy about Hillary stuff. My daughter is also crazy bout this chic, I personally think she is beautiful but looking to grown BUT then again thats the mom in me talking.

hilary001.jpg

HOw old is Hilary Duff?? I wonder how her mom feels about her bleaching her hair? Hmmmmm. Is she THAT young?

013image4.jpg

Originally Posted by shoediva I bought my little cousin a Hilary Duff blowdryer and Hilary Duff hair products. She is a tween and is crazy about Hillary stuff. My daughter is also crazy bout this chic, I personally think she is beautiful but looking to grown BUT then again thats the mom in me talking.
hilary001.jpg

Originally Posted by Californian HOw old is Hilary Duff?? I wonder how her mom feels about her bleaching her hair? Hmmmmm. Is she THAT young?
013image4.jpg

Hilary is 16. I think her mom is actually the one who makes all the career/appearance decisions for her. From what I heard the mom is a bit pushy and some what of a b*itch. But those are just rumors; and obviously I have no way of really knowing what goes on in the girl's life. Just sharing what I've heard though.....
The last gift I bought for someone..... I got some St. Ives lotion for a friend because she hadn't tried it yet and wanted to. So I figured I would buy some for her; and I got some for her sister, too because the three of us all hang out a lot.

Voucher for a beauty parlour for my mum on her birthday.. Actually, i bought my sister's pressie the same day so i also bought 5 sample size MAC Pigments & a MAC 242 brush!

I love the word "pressie", i think i'm gonna start using it (if you dont mind Laura)

Originally Posted by Tinydancer I got a book for everyone at work called 'The Boston Dictionary' I'm from Boston originally and they're always trying to talk in a Boston accent so I thought I'd help them along.

Outside of that I gave my son beaucoup dinero for his 18th birthday.

Hi, whats a Boston accent like ?I have a really strong accent and no one could understand me when i was in the states lol
redface.gif

Ohhh Boston is rough. If you watched the last season of Survivor, it was like Boston Rob on there.....

very hard to explain

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk

Hi, whats a Boston accent like ?I have a really strong accent and no one could understand me when i was in the states lol
redface.gif

Originally Posted by Irishgirl I bought Ali the Lancome Skunk Brush! I love this brush so much that I thought she had to have it too! LOL! Yo Ali! Are you lovin that brush yet? yup!! Totally lovin' it..Much love to my dawg
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Californian In keeping with MysticWolf tradition, I pose to you the question of the day:

Q: What is the last gift that you bought for someone?

moneyani.gif
mutcreditcards.gif
mut100bucks.gif

I bought my boys the Brother Bear video..Just because

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk Hi, whats a Boston accent like ?I have a really strong accent and no one could understand me when i was in the states lol
redface.gif

Hello Donna!You must have a bit of a French twinge to your dialect? Or do you talk with a high amount of intonation and inflection and say "eh" a lot? That's a Canadian accent!
wink.gif

A Boston accent sounds like this:

Normal person: "You dropped your quarter."

Bostonian: "Heyyy ya dropped ya quata."

Normal person: "Did you use the wash rag?"

Boastonian: "Did ya fuckin' warsh ya face?"

Normal person: "I am feeling a bit angry right now."

Bostonian: "I know peoples whoz will hang ya head on a stick. Youz tawkin' to me?"

You're right Tony, I hate it! I try SO hard not to speak that way
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Ohhh Boston is rough. If you watched the last season of Survivor, it was like Boston Rob on there.....
very hard to explain

Further explanation of the Boston accent.

Normal person - New York

Bostonian - Noo Yawk

Normal person - I was born here

Bostonian - I was bon heah

Normal person - Can I have some butter for my corn

Bostonian - Can I have some buddah for my con

The ultimate compliment is: wikkid pissah

Traffic in Boston is bumpadabumpa especially is there's a fendabenda on The Ahdery or if someone from Alabamer is stuck in a rotary.

You cahnt pahk anywayah, certainly not in Hahvid Yahd.

If you want to talk like us just open your mouth and say "ah" as if you're at the Doctah. As in "Nomar hit a homah" We save the R's for words ending in A, like Chiner. We dropped the R's in The Boston Habah. Itsounds bizzah but remember we're not the ones with the accent, you ahh!
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Californian Hello Donna!You must have a bit of a French twinge to your dialect? Or do you talk with a high amount of intonation and inflection and say "eh" a lot? That's a Canadian accent!
wink.gif

A Boston accent sounds like this:

Normal person: "You dropped your quarter."

Bostonian: "Heyyy ya dropped ya quata."

Normal person: "Did you use the wash rag?"

Boastonian: "Did ya fuckin' warsh ya face?"

Normal person: "I am feeling a bit angry right now."

Bostonian: "I know peoples whoz will hang ya head on a stick. Youz tawkin' to me?"

Originally Posted by Tinydancer Further explanation of the Boston accent.
Normal person - New York

Bostonian - Noo Yawk

Normal person - I was born here

Bostonian - I was bon heah

Normal person - Can I have some butter for my corn

Bostonian - Can I have some buddah for my con

The ultimate compliment is: wikkid pissah

Traffic in Boston is bumpadabumpa especially is there's a fendabenda on The Ahdery or if someone from Alabamer is stuck in a rotary.

You cahnt pahk anywayah, certainly not in Hahvid Yahd.

If you want to talk like us just open your mouth and say "ah" as if you're at the Doctah. As in "Nomar hit a homah" We save the R's for words ending in A, like Chiner. We dropped the R's in The Boston Habah. Itsounds bizzah but remember we're not the ones with the accent, you ahh!
icon_lol.gif

ha! You get an A, TinyD! Funny and true!Pahk the cah or keep driven!

Bostinians when they drive:
pablo_platypus_prize_fighting_mode_sm_wht.gif

I'm practising my Boston accent now! Reading all TinyD & Cali's posts.. I'm in stitches laughing. Thanks for the giggle girlies
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back