question of the day

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
do you think it is wrong to use handicapped stalls in public restrooms if you are not handicapped?

Originally Posted by haloinrverse do you think it is wrong to use handicapped stalls in public restrooms if you are not handicapped? I try not to use public restrooms at all but,in a pinch, if it's the only one available and I've gotta go,I'm gonna use it

Originally Posted by allisong I try not to use public restrooms at all but,in a pinch, if it's the only one available and I've gotta go,I'm gonna use it Same here. If I have to go and it can't wait, and the handicapped stall is the only one that's available, I'll use it.

iF I really gots to go and that is the only one available then by all means!!

I don't think it's wrong at all. Handicapped stalls are specially designed for those that need assistance but it's not in violation of anything to go in and use it. Now I'll get technical. If you're going to use a stall to sit and camp out in, then it might be polite to use a regular stall. But for a quick 30-second flush and go, why not? Just my humble opinion.

But it's not like I seek one out, unless I'm in the airport with my carry-on bag, coat and purse. All that stuff does NOT fit well in a regular stall with doors that swing INWARD. I mean, what were those engineers THINKING? I can't exactly leave my bags outside the stall door, unguarded.

Originally Posted by haloinrverse do you think it is wrong to use handicapped stalls in public restrooms if you are not handicapped?

Hey, some places I've been it looks like a men's room on a bad day. I can't believe how many women don't know how to flush a toilet.
icon_evil.gif
Or wipe a seat.

Originally Posted by Californian Maybe they'd rather we just pee on the floor like the men do?

I use that stall all the time. I don't see the problem, I'm only in there to pee.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish I don't think it's wrong at all. Handicapped stalls are specially designed for those that need assistance but it's not in violation of anything to go in and use it. Now I'll get technical. If you're going to use a stall to sit and camp out in, then it might be polite to use a regular stall. But for a quick 30-second flush and go, why not? Just my humble opinion.
But it's not like I seek one out, unless I'm in the airport with my carry-on bag, coat and purse. All that stuff does NOT fit well in a regular stall with doors that swing INWARD. I mean, what were those engineers THINKING? I can't exactly leave my bags outside the stall door, unguarded.

Pee on the floor? LOL doh

Im glad to have the external hose for disembarking urine just for this purpose
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by Californian

Maybe they'd rather we just pee on the floor like the men do?

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Hey, some places I've been it looks like a men's room on a bad day. I can't believe how many women don't know how to flush a toilet.
icon_evil.gif
Or wipe a seat. speaking of.. how about people who throw clothes and items on the floor in stores? How about the ones who take the clothes off the hangers and drape the clothes wherever they please? How about the ones who knock stuff down and leave it there? I just DON'T do that. What are they thinking??? Why do this?!! Why oh why?!??????????????????????????????????/

?????????????

???????

ITA Cali!

Oh how about people who just leave their shopping carts wherever they want or worse, they dump them in the handicapped parking spot!
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by Californian speaking of.. how about people who throw clothes and items on the floor in stores? How about the ones who take the clothes off the hangers and drape the clothes wherever they please? How about the ones who knock stuff down and leave it there? I just DON'T do that. What are they thinking??? Why do this?!! Why oh why?!??????????????????????????????????/

?????????????

???????

Originally Posted by Tinydancer ITA Cali! Oh how about people who just leave their shopping carts wherever they want or worse, they dump them in the handicapped parking spot!
icon_evil.gif

OMG I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I walk it over to the storage area or to the front of the store for exercise. Why the hell not? Heh.

How bout the people who throw their trash in the shopping carts because they do not want to find a trash can?

DOH! ITA TOO!!!!

Speaking of slobs - when DH and I were arriving in San Juan last week, we passed by 1st class and it was a complete mess! Beyond the normal blankets and pillows and a few magazines laying around. I saw candy wrappers, newspapers, napkins etc spilled on the floor. The same with movie theatres. C'mon, how hard is it to pick up the stuff you brought in and drop it off in the trash containers at the exit?

Lazy dogs.

Wait, that's an insult to dogs.

Originally Posted by Californian speaking of.. how about people who throw clothes and items on the floor in stores? How about the ones who take the clothes off the hangers and drape the clothes wherever they please? How about the ones who knock stuff down and leave it there? I just DON'T do that. What are they thinking??? Why do this?!! Why oh why?!??????????????????????????????????/

?????????????

???????

Originally Posted by Tinydancer OT Cali but did you just get your haircut? It looks great! LOL! TKS!!!!!!!!!! But no, I got it cut a few months ago. There's some pics in SmartStyle's Q and A forum if you want to see it. I chopped off 7 inches. I'm still tripping out on that one... but ty so much. I am having a bit of low self-esteem lately and I REALLY appreciate your comment.HUGE HUGS FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Score!

smile.gif
smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif
redface.gif
smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif

I think its ok and i always do but i look around beforehand to see if anyone is in a wheelchair or on crutches. Here, they only have baby changing facilities in the Disabled loo. You have to be a contortionist to get a piddle in some loos as they are so cramped and the disabled ones are usually spotless clean so i think its fine.

I agree that as long as you just go in and quickly go potty it's ok to use especially if all stalls are taken. I avoid using handicapped stalls and only use them if I have to meaning I really have to go and all others are taken. If I'm with my 3-year old son and he needs to use the bathroom I'll sometimes use the handicapped stall because it has more room for me to go in with him and I know he is going to be quick anyway.

Latest posts

Back