Question on brows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is going to sound like a real dumb question but for those of you who wax/pluck your eye brows, how did you know to do it? I pluck some strays between my eye brows to avoid the oh-so-lovely unibrow but I am just not sure if I need to do the rest of my eyes. I think they look ok but the past few times I have gone to MAC, the MA's have mentioned that I should "clean up" my brows. They aso have suggested that I color them in to make them look nicer. I don't think that they were trying to be rude by any means. How did you know how to shape them and what the best shape for your face is?

TIA dudettes!

i get mine cleaned/shaped back to place once a month. i get them threaded. i love it.

when i first got them done, i never realized how badly i needed them done until i saw them cleaned up.

have you ever gotten your brows done before?

Best thing to do is have them professionally shaped & then maintain them on your own. I do my own brows, but only to maintain. Otherwise, I go to the salon once every 3-4 months.

Originally Posted by LotusGlamGirl My mommy taught me!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
lol. She used to do them for me, but now I do them myself. I thought my eyebrows were fine too, but they were too bushy. Now people compliment on them, which is kind of wierd but nice lol. Eyebrows are important, they help frame the face. Here are some steps to help manage your brows:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_...l?brandId=5746

HTH
smile.gif

My mom did too! Back wen I was like 14 she plucked them for me... I looked like Bert from Sesame Street so I was sitting there for what seemed like an ETERNITY! LOL (Well they were thick, not really too much of a unibrow - thank god) Carina, those examples are great! Nice job!
And Jennifer... nice notepad! we have similar coloring... you ARE my long lost twin! lol (and where is there threading around here - gotta be in NYC - right?)

Jen15.jpg
<~~~ my long lost twin! LOL (Although you're skinnier & have really great hair!) LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 And Jennifer... nice notepad! we have similar coloring... you ARE my long lost twin! lol (and where is there threading around here - gotta be in NYC - right?) <~~~ my long lost twin! LOL (Although you're skinnier & have really great hair!) LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

actually, i gained a few pounds, so i'm a bit bigger now! LOL my notepad's boring, but thank you
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i first got them threaded in NYC, near canal st. it was $7, plus the train fare, which was $11+ (metro north and then the subway). THEN, i found a spa down the street from me that did it for $13. even though it's $6 more, with the train fares, it's cheaper.

i find threading is MUCH more precise. has anyone else had threading done before?

Originally Posted by LotusGlamGirl Threading? What's that?
confused.gif
lol ah, a lot of people have never heard of it!
here's a link that explains...

http://www.thingsasian.com/goto_arti...icle.2485.html

i heard that's what women do in prison to keep their brows tamed.

my eyes tear when i get it done. it hurts bad, but it's worth it. she usually does the top of my brows first, which i feel, but by the time she gets to the bottom of my brows, i'm already numb, so i don't feel that part LOL you actually hear the hair getting ripped out.

hope that helps!

My friend told me I needed to start getting my brows waxed and once i did I never stopped. I just look at them and notice little hairs coming back and then I just pluck them myself or jus wait to get them waxed again.

I am trying to totally regrow my brows and have them shaped professionally agian. but this is taking waaay to long!! The hair just doesn't regrow in one of the places! URGH!! So it's been 3 weeks now, and I am just trimming these regrowth hair, waiting for that one "bold" spot to regrow. I've read somewhere that it can take uo to 8 weeks for brows to grow back, especialy if they have been plucked for a long time. I am so sick and tired of waiting...

Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki My friend told me I needed to start getting my brows waxed and once i did I never stopped. I just look at them and notice little hairs coming back and then I just pluck them myself or jus wait to get them waxed again. Yeah me too... I'm always ripping out those ones on top first though... lol They grow back so fast and stick STRAIGHT out!
redface.gif
LOL I should just leave them alone so they wax everything... and not just what I missed - lol But I can't help myself!
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by destiny I am trying to totally regrow my brows and have them shaped professionally agian. but this is taking waaay to long!! The hair just doesn't regrow in one of the places! URGH!! So it's been 3 weeks now, and I am just trimming these regrowth hair, waiting for that one "bold" spot to regrow. I've read somewhere that it can take uo to 8 weeks for brows to grow back, especialy if they have been plucked for a long time. I am so sick and tired of waiting... here's a secret tip: put loads of lotion on your brows to regrow them. trust me. put it every time you feel it's dry. everyone i've told that to has done it and it's worked. i used to do it when i would mess my brows up.

Originally Posted by Jennifer here's a secret tip: put loads of lotion on your brows to regrow them. trust me. put it every time you feel it's dry. everyone i've told that to has done it and it's worked. i used to do it when i would mess my brows up. Really!!?
icon_wink.gif
Wow... never heard of that! But I lotion my whole face & it'll usually get on my brows - maybe I should only do this on the sparse areas so I might not have to wax as much!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer have you ever gotten your brows done before? Nope, never had them done. That is why I am wondering if I should.
confused.gif

Originally Posted by Mariposa Nope, never had them done. That is why I am wondering if I should.
confused.gif
You can try it once to see how you like the results... and if anything - just get them shaped @ the salon, then just maintain it by tweezing on your own.
icon_wink.gif

Yours look nice in your profile pic... so maybe just a clean up so that it'll be easier for you to spot & pluck them as they grow in...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 You can try it once to see how you like the results... and if anything - just get them shaped @ the salon, then just maintain it by tweezing on your own.
icon_wink.gif
I know that at the Benefit stores they have waxing services. I am just afraid that I will get someone that doesn't know what they are doing. Know what I mean?

Originally Posted by Mariposa I know that at the Benefit stores they have waxing services. I am just afraid that I will get someone that doesn't know what they are doing. Know what I mean? I usually get them done at the nail salon I go to... they do it all day long - so they are experienced... I would just check out the people who are doing it... now normally, people do that in salons, and they have a license to work in that salon - so they have background in it... I don't know what kind of training people have at a store... ya know? I don't know if they make the waxers go through mandatory training or if they just give them a tub of wax and let them go to town..
icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I usually get them done at the nail salon I go to... they do it all day long - so they are experienced... I would just check out the people who are doing it... now normally, people do that in salons, and they have a license to work in that salon - so they have background in it... I don't know what kind of training people have at a store... ya know? I don't know if they make the waxers go through mandatory training or if they just give them a tub of wax and let them go to town..
icon_confused.gif
Does it hurt? Is there something I can do so it doesn't hurt as bad?

Originally Posted by Mariposa Does it hurt? Is there something I can do so it doesn't hurt as bad? It doesn't really HURT - hurt, but if you're not used to it, it might be an interesting experience! LOL Especially on the first one - but you get used to it... just like ripping off a band aid that is on hair. They are usually really gentle - so its honestly not that bad... and they put cream & baby oil on you so you don't get too irritated afterwards. If they feel itchy after, whatever you do, don't scratch! you'll just en up getting bumps & making it redder... lol Also a good tip (that I can say from experience... is true) don't get waxed during your period... or a week before or after... it hurts more then for some reason... go 2 weeks after and you shouldn't have a problem. It was wierd b/c I went during times when I had it, the 2 weeks after etc... and wondered why it bothered me (and irritated more) some times & not others...? then I read online that your hormone cycles have a lot to do with it... and its very true!
icon_wink.gif

i'm sure you know people that have gotten their brows waxed, so ask around for any recommendations on salons!

Latest posts

Back