question on mac's unorthodox eyeshadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble with mac's unorthodox eyeshadow. The color is so beautiful in the pot but when i put it on me, it goes on like regular blot powder and if i pack it on, it gets chalky and i cant do anything with it. The only way i can get the color to show is if i use cream colour base in pearl, but the thing is it creases like crazy in less than an hour and it's useless. Anyone else having this problem and any advice?

From what I understand people are using this as a base or a highlighter. It looks to me something like Benefits Lemonaid, which is an eye brightener. Some colors just don't always work for all. Originally Posted by maiho Is anyone else having trouble with mac's unorthodox eyeshadow. The color is so beautiful in the pot but when i put it on me, it goes on like regular blot powder and if i pack it on, it gets chalky and i cant do anything with it. The only way i can get the color to show is if i use cream colour base in pearl, but the thing is it creases like crazy in less than an hour and it's useless. Anyone else having this problem and any advice?

Unorthodox reminds me a lot of Jane's Dream Cream Eyezing. If its similar at all, have you tried applying it wet? With Dream Cream it looks like a chaulky mess if I apply it dry, but apply it wet brings out the yellow hues and makes it look a lot more natural.

hey thanks for the advice. I will try applying it wet. So should i just wet my brush, then dip it into the shadow and apply normally?? Thanks

Originally Posted by Mz LaLa Unorthodox reminds me a lot of Jane's Dream Cream Eyezing. If its similar at all, have you tried applying it wet? With Dream Cream it looks like a chaulky mess if I apply it dry, but apply it wet brings out the yellow hues and makes it look a lot more natural.

Yup! That's what I do
icon_smile.gif

Latest posts

Back