Question regarding an eyeliner technique...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, any help on this subject would be most appreciated! I've read in so many magazines and other places a tip for making your eyes "pop" by using a white eyeliner on the inside rim of the lower lash line. I keep trying, but I can't figure out how to accomplish this without basically putting eyeliner directly in my eye! How do you get it on the insider liner without your eye immediately tearing up and basically un-doing what you just did?? Any help??

I warm my eyeliner using a lighter and it goes on smooothly for me without any irritation- I've also nuked it in the micro for 30 seconds and had really good results. Your liner may be too hard or too sharp- try warming it up and make sure you blunt it a bit on a tissue before you use it so youre not scraping your inner rims.

As for the white thing, I never use it anymore- it seemed to make my eyes actually seem smaller
confused.gif

Thanks for the info! My eyes are small enough on their own! I don't need to make it worse!

Originally Posted by bluepisces I warm my eyeliner using a lighter and it goes on smooothly for me without any irritation- I've also nuked it in the micro for 30 seconds and had really good results. Your liner may be too hard or too sharp- try warming it up and make sure you blunt it a bit on a tissue before you use it so youre not scraping your inner rims.
As for the white thing, I never use it anymore- it seemed to make my eyes actually seem smaller
confused.gif

Hahahaha no, you didn't. I was just saying 'uhmmmm' because I don't know anything about eyeliners
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by WearThePinkRibbon

Uhmmm?? Did I say something out of line?

Shu makes a great white liner, very soft. But if its applied to heavy it can be a bit scary. Try a light peach liner its not as harsh, much more natural looking too. I think the one I have is Jordana available at Walgreens, cheap and it works great.

I recently bought MAC's white eye kohl since it was recommended by the MAC Pro artist when I went to the seminar. I don't know if I am applying it the wrong way but it just looks sort of weird when I put it on. Any one have any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Marisol I recently bought MAC's white eye kohl since it was recommended by the MAC Pro artist when I went to the seminar. I don't know if I am applying it the wrong way but it just looks sort of weird when I put it on. Any one have any suggestions? Sometimes just putting it on near the inner corner helps - mine looks weird too if I do the entire lower inner lid.
icon_wink.gif

I use MAC Buttery eye kohl as i find it gives a softer more natural look. White was too harsh and looked too obvious on me!

As for technique - i agree in that the point shouldn't be sharp, if it's slightly blunted i find that it goes on much better.

I'm gonna have to check out the Buttery. Sounds nice. I've been using MAC's white kohl.

Ask Reija
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hahahaha no, you didn't. I was just saying 'uhmmmm' because I don't know anything about eyeliners
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back