Question:Thinning Hair Out

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! i have thick straight hair. I find that i have to wash my hair at night or really early like 3 hours before i go out so it won't look so big. I was wondering if it is possible to get your hair thinned out and if you can, is it bad! Whenever i get a hair cut i always get it texturized, it feels lighter but i still feel like i have a lot of hair to control. What can i do?

Thanks

wow... most people would love to have thick hair rather than thinner hair... if you're not worried about chemical usage, you could go ahead and relax it all the way... that may help...

Your stylist can thin it out for you... just make sure they know what they're doing - because using thinning shears or a razor the wrong way can leave 'holes' in your haircut.
frown.gif
Just get a consultation beforehand and ask if they thin on a regular basis.
wink.gif

Thanks ladies...i am just worried that i would go bald after getting it thinned out...but i am definately gonna consult with my hairstylist.

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Your stylist can thin it out for you... just make sure they know what they're doing - because using thinning shears or a razor the wrong way can leave 'holes' in your haircut.
frown.gif
Just get a consultation beforehand and ask if they thin on a regular basis.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Moneeka Thanks ladies...i am just worried that i would go bald after getting it thinned out...but i am definately gonna consult with my hairstylist.Thanks again!

Let us know how it goes...I'm also interested in this.

Yes it is possible. I've had it done before, infact i'm going to get it done again tomorrow. i also have thick hair and sometimes it's difficult to style and straighten when there's so much of it. Thinning it out makes it feel more lightweight and takes the stress outta styling
claps.gif

Thinning your hair works great but it has to be done right, I never thin out the top (crown) area. I normally will thin all the hair then just texturize the top, doing this will make your hair feel a lot lighter

Latest posts

Back