Quick Question about Mac SkinFinishes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just received Shimpange by Mac and am planning on trying it out today. Can this product be applied over blush?? Or is it to be used in place of blush? I'm afraid if I apply it over blush it will be too much. What do y'all think?

I dont have it yet but i bought it on eBay yesterday! I think you can apply that first to the areas desired, then apply powder blush over it. If i was using gel blush, i'd probably apply that first then the skinfinish.

That's what i was planning on doing but maybe the other girls that have it already might have a different answer!

personally I always apply Powder Blush first, then apply the Skinfinish on my cheekbones and extend it towards the apples of my cheeks and really massage it in with my MAC #187 brush...this seems to slightly intensify the color of the blush and makes my cheeks glow.

but I don´t always use blush when I wear my skinfinish...shimpagne has a beautyful finish when worn just by itself too.

I usually just use the skinfinish and only that, no blush with it. Especially when my eyeshadow is bold, I like to use the shimpagne as a blush because it is so natural.

I received this the other day too and i love it!!:icon_love

I use it over my powder blush, just on my cheekbones, to give them a glow!!

Looks like i was planning on doing the wrong thing so!! Silly me!

Originally Posted by Laura Looks like i was planning on doing the wrong thing so!! Silly me! I don´t think it matters that much, Laura...I`m gonna try it like you said (Skinfinish first, then blush) to see if it makes any difference

i use it alone and over blush. it just gives this glowy look.

Thanks guys for your suggestions! Arielle, I love your FOTD's and they convinced me to buy the Shimpagne
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel Thanks guys for your suggestions! Arielle, I love your FOTD's and they convinced me to buy the Shimpagne
icon_cheesygrin.gif
That's what convinced me too!!

Originally Posted by greeneyedangel Thanks guys for your suggestions! Arielle, I love your FOTD's and they convinced me to buy the Shimpagne
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I bet you´re gonna love it!! let me know how you like it, ok?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Liz i use it alone and over blush. it just gives this glowy look. Ditto!
I also use it as a brow highlighter too!

i also use mine over blush or alone. either way it gives a very pretty sheen and glow to the face.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I used it today and it looked purdy
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I applied it over my new "Deep Throat" blush (which I luvvvv) on the apples of my cheeks. Can't wait to try it alone too!!

Yipee!! Now I need to get me some NARS blush...

I need to get myself to Sephora and super fast!

I would be so glad to own ONE of the Skinfinishes. But I looked for it at our Mac counters and they don´t sell it. Do you think it is not available here in Germany or was it a Special Edition?? Do you know where I can get it online?

I first saw it on our beautiful Arielle and immediately thought that this would be a absolutely MUSTHAVE!!!!!
icon_wink.gif

Ya, they are Limited Edition and not avaliable in stores anymore. I got mine off Ebay for about $26.00 US. From what I hear they keep bringing them back though!

Originally Posted by SabrinaGermany I would be so glad to own ONE of the Skinfinishes. But I looked for it at our Mac counters and they don´t sell it. Do you think it is not available here in Germany or was it a Special Edition?? Do you know where I can get it online?
I first saw it on our beautiful Arielle and immediately thought that this would be a absolutely MUSTHAVE!!!!!
icon_wink.gif

aw thanks Sabrina :icon_love . and I agree that it´s a must have. I´m sure the counters in germany had it (as they had them in austria too), but since germany is faster with trends I´m sure that MAC is also more known than in austria and therefore I can only guess there was a RUN on the skinfinishes.
but I`m sure the skinfinishes will be coming back sometime (as a limited edition again though), so don´t worry Sabrina and head to MAC as soon as they come back (hey that rhymed)
biggrin.gif

they're LE. they're not permanent because they're handmade and take a long time to make

Latest posts

Back