quick question!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
is it supposed to sting when i put on toner nd lotion? both are around 97% natural...so why does it sting??

I don't think it's good for you if it stings your skin.. That my opinion anyway. I was using cleansing wipes recently & supposedly they had no extreme ingredients in them but i found that it stung my cheeks if i rubbed too hard.. Straight to the bin they went!

Hey, you can be allergic to natural ingredients just as easily as you can be allergic to man-made ingredients! (Just think of all the food allergies people have -- peanuts, wheat, strawberries, etc.) I would say that if it stings, you probably shouldn't be using it because it's obviously irritating your skin in some way.... If you have sensitive skin sometimes you just have to try a few different products until you can find something that works for you!

hmmm well all of the ingredients are natural but it does contain alcohol and frangrance...after a while, the stinging stops and after my skin drys, it's nice and soft. haha but i just have never had any skincare products feel this way before. sometimes and i cleanse before toning but usually i don't exfoliate...does that have something to do with it?

Originally Posted by splotx hmmm well all of the ingredients are natural but it does contain alcohol and frangrance...after a while, the stinging stops and after my skin drys, it's nice and soft. haha but i just have never had any skincare products feel this way before. sometimes and i cleanse before toning but usually i don't exfoliate...does that have something to do with it? Did you expoliate this time? The only thing I know of that usually stings in toner is if it has alcohol... Usually because the warm water from washing opens pores, so the alcohol sometimes stings... and if you exfoliate, sometimes even more so.

Originally Posted by Naturally Not necessarily that if it stings ..it's not okay! Some natural things do that ..and it's a natural reaction to the ingredients ...however you might want to see what the ingredients are and what did you do prior to using the toner (microdermabrasion, exfoliate....etc) The skin is more open or susceptible to the AHA's or BHA's in toners ..and/or the astringents (whether they are natural ones or not) ...and Alcohol ..what kind if any are in there.
Could be a VARIETY of reasons ..but they ALL don't mean that you should stay away either. Another key is ..how does your skin feel after a few minutes afterwards?

I agree w/Kim. I'm using an organic toner that is comprised of citrus. Initially it stung, but after a week's use, it's ok. My skin hasn't had any major reactions to it so I'm cool. However, if this continues, consult your MD.

Latest posts

Back