Quiz: Self-Esteem

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
SELF-ESTEEM QUIZ

This is a fairly accurate self-assesment tool to measure self-esteem. See how you score!

Click on the butterfly to take the quiz!

Interesting thought from the site:

"Wagging the tail of the dog" as it applies to the misconception regarding the use of positive affirmations:

Reciting positive affirmations about yourself (and hoping for results) is like wagging the tail of a dog in hopes of tail-wagging will make the dog happy. It won't. The dog must be happy first, and then its tail will wag.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Interesting thought from the site:
"Wagging the tail of the dog" as it applies to the misconception regarding the use of positive affirmations:

Reciting positive affirmations about yourself (and hoping for results) is like wagging the tail of a dog in hopes of tail-wagging will make the dog happy. It won't. The dog must be happy first, and then its tail will wag.

Yeah, I don't necessarily agree with it though. I think that cognitions can follow behaviors and vice versa. Maybe the results are not immediate, but it works just as well as telling yourself all these negative things and then believing it. They are both brain washing only one is a more healthy and accepting way to live. The dog's tail doesn't always wag when he's happy, but if he's a kick-arse dog, he will find a way to wiggle his tail if he wants to!
hhdog.gif

You don't have enough posts to see images or links yet.

Originally Posted by pattishaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just where is this elusive butterfly?
kopfkratz.gif

I think you missed my post - unfortunately you don't have enough posts to see it yet - it needs at least 10 posts to be able to see pics AND links

Back