Quiz: What is your food personality!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are you adventurous? Creative? Practical? Pragmatic? Your eating habits say more about you than you might think. Try our fun quiz to find out your own particular Food Personality. Choose a, b, c or d according to which answer suits you best.

1. Preparing the family meal in the evening, I...

a) go through my recipe books to find something new.

B) stick to a routine, I have set meals on each night of the week.

c) make a meal around an interesting new ingredient I found in the market.

d) according to how busy I am I'll either cook from scratch, or make up a ready-meal.

2. How often do you and your family go out to dinner?

a) quite regularly. It's nice to go out and try things I wouldn't cook at home.

B) every other Thursday.

c) the minute there's somewhere new. We get a sitter for the kids and go alone.

d) it depends how we're all fixed. Definitely on birthdays and anniversaries.

3. In my fridge...

a) there are the staples like milk and butter, as well as goodies like white wine and delicious cheeses.

B) everything is neatly clingfilmed and labelled.

c) there are some intriguing things I honestly can't remember buying.

d) there is generally a mixture of fresh foods and leftovers.

4. What do your kids have in their lunchboxes?

a) usually sandwiches, but I try to introduce them to different tastes like olives, kiwis and salami.

B) a sandwich, a piece of fruit, a piece of cheese and a yoghurt drink.

c) something different everyday, it's quite exhausting coming up with new things all the time.

d) healthy things like fruit and cheese, as well as things I know they'll eat like sausage rolls and mini quiches.

5. If you are making a recipe and don't have a vital ingredient do you?

a) experiment a little. That's how new recipes get discovered!

B) make something different. You've got to follow the instructions.

c) send my husband out to get it. Immediately

d) substitute it for something similar. Recipes often suggest alternatives anyway.

So - add them up! Are you mostly As, Bs, Cs or Ds? Then read on to find out about your Food Personality

Mostly As

You're a Creative Cook, and this probably spills over into other areas of your life too. You like new tastes and new discoveries, but also know when to stick to the tried and the trusted. You have a good attitude to food and a well-balanced sense of when to follow the rules and when to innovate. Don't worry too much if the kids aren't ready for some of the foods you want to introduce them to. People develop different tastes for things at different times, and some children will adore all sorts of exotic dishes, while other plain-eating kids turn into regular gourmets as they get older.

Mostly Bs

You are a very Practical Person, and you know the value of routine in running a home. Regular meal times and regular menus make shopping and catering a breeze, and you probably have other routines in place making the rest of your life run smoothly. Do try to be a little spontaneous once in a while however. As they say, a change is as good as a rest, and trying something different once in a while could be a wonderful pick-me-up if you and your family ever find yourselves starting to feel just a teensy-weensy bit bored.

Mostly Cs

You're the Adventurous Type. You love change, challenge, and everything new. Life around you is exciting, and there is certainly never a dull moment in your house. Do bear in mind though that all that adventure can be exhausting, and if you're finding yourself frazzled at the end of the day, well now you know the reason why. Doing the same thing twice isn't the worst thing in the world you know, and routines can be fun as well as rewarding - just ask a friend who is Mostly Bs!

Mostly Ds

You're a Pragmatic Chef who enjoys new experiences but who doesn't let them take over. In food as well as in life, you enjoy trying new things, but also see the value in sticking with what you know well. Your sensible approach to life signals that you're an easygoing type who cares for her family's health, but who also knows that kids will be kids, and that TV dinners are absolutely fine on occasion. If you ever felt that your sensible approach could do with a little refreshment, find a friend who is mostly Cs and see where you could both be swapping ideas.

So girls, how did ye do??

oooh, fun!

im pragmatic chef with a bit of creative cook.

Originally Posted by laura127 Are you adventurous? Creative? Practical? Pragmatic? Your eating habits say more about you than you might think. Try our fun quiz to find out your own particular Food Personality. Choose a, b, c or d according to which answer suits you best.
1. Preparing the family meal in the evening, I...

a) go through my recipe books to find something new.

B) stick to a routine, I have set meals on each night of the week.

c) make a meal around an interesting new ingredient I found in the market.

d) according to how busy I am I'll either cook from scratch, or make up a ready-meal.

2. How often do you and your family go out to dinner?

a) quite regularly. It's nice to go out and try things I wouldn't cook at home.

B) every other Thursday.

c) the minute there's somewhere new. We get a sitter for the kids and go alone.

d) it depends how we're all fixed. Definitely on birthdays and anniversaries.

3. In my fridge...

a) there are the staples like milk and butter, as well as goodies like white wine and delicious cheeses.

B) everything is neatly clingfilmed and labelled.

c) there are some intriguing things I honestly can't remember buying.

d) there is generally a mixture of fresh foods and leftovers.

4. What do your kids have in their lunchboxes?

a) usually sandwiches, but I try to introduce them to different tastes like olives, kiwis and salami.

B) a sandwich, a piece of fruit, a piece of cheese and a yoghurt drink.

c) something different everyday, it's quite exhausting coming up with new things all the time.

d) healthy things like fruit and cheese, as well as things I know they'll eat like sausage rolls and mini quiches.

5. If you are making a recipe and don't have a vital ingredient do you?

a) experiment a little. That's how new recipes get discovered!

B) make something different. You've got to follow the instructions.

c) send my husband out to get it. Immediately

d) substitute it for something similar. Recipes often suggest alternatives anyway.

So - add them up! Are you mostly As, Bs, Cs or Ds? Then read on to find out about your Food Personality

Mostly As

You're a Creative Cook, and this probably spills over into other areas of your life too. You like new tastes and new discoveries, but also know when to stick to the tried and the trusted. You have a good attitude to food and a well-balanced sense of when to follow the rules and when to innovate. Don't worry too much if the kids aren't ready for some of the foods you want to introduce them to. People develop different tastes for things at different times, and some children will adore all sorts of exotic dishes, while other plain-eating kids turn into regular gourmets as they get older.

Mostly Bs

You are a very Practical Person, and you know the value of routine in running a home. Regular meal times and regular menus make shopping and catering a breeze, and you probably have other routines in place making the rest of your life run smoothly. Do try to be a little spontaneous once in a while however. As they say, a change is as good as a rest, and trying something different once in a while could be a wonderful pick-me-up if you and your family ever find yourselves starting to feel just a teensy-weensy bit bored.

Mostly Cs

You're the Adventurous Type. You love change, challenge, and everything new. Life around you is exciting, and there is certainly never a dull moment in your house. Do bear in mind though that all that adventure can be exhausting, and if you're finding yourself frazzled at the end of the day, well now you know the reason why. Doing the same thing twice isn't the worst thing in the world you know, and routines can be fun as well as rewarding - just ask a friend who is Mostly Bs!

Mostly Ds

You're a Pragmatic Chef who enjoys new experiences but who doesn't let them take over. In food as well as in life, you enjoy trying new things, but also see the value in sticking with what you know well. Your sensible approach to life signals that you're an easygoing type who cares for her family's health, but who also knows that kids will be kids, and that TV dinners are absolutely fine on occasion. If you ever felt that your sensible approach could do with a little refreshment, find a friend who is mostly Cs and see where you could both be swapping ideas.

So girls, how did ye do??

Originally Posted by haloinrverse oooh, fun!
im pragmatic chef with a bit of creative cook.

Me too! I'm a mix of both!

Latest posts

Back