Quo - question for the canadian girls (and boys) :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey ! I am in Canada right now visitng my husband's family. Of course, I took a trip to Shopper's yesterday. LOL. I came across this new primer by Quo, which is a brand we dont have in the US. It felt so silky, very much like the smashbox primer kinda. So I bought it and I am trying it today. Have you canadian peeps tried this prmer? Also, do you recommend any other products by Quo?

They also have Vichy, La Roche Posay, ROC, Anabelle, Marcelle, etc, which are brands I don't find back home. Any recs???

I would be VERY interested to hear how the quo primer works!!

the only other primer I could ever find up here was lise watier and I really didn't like it.

I tried vichy face creams a while back, got an allergic reaction. I have sensitive skin but the tub did say it was non-allergenic.

Have never tried quo products - but I can't praise the MARCELLE line enough! I use the moisture cream ... a little goes a long way. If I run out and go a few days without my skin reverts back to not looking so healthy, so I can really tell that using it is actually doing me favors, i'd recommend picking some up!

I would definitely pick up products from La Roche-Posay. I've been using their Active C for years and won't do without it. I also use their sunscreen which has mexoryl. I love their cleansers too. They are some of the BEST skin care products out there. I'd definitely check them out.

Know Quo does have some eyeshadows that are fairly pigmented, but i have never tried their primer before...

And I second the Marcelle line for their moister creams, plus annabelle does make really good blushes!

I love marcelle products. their lipsticks and glosses (only the sheer ones) are great. And the tinted moisturizer is excellent too. I use it every day.

and I forgot to mention, annabelle has great eyeliners!!

You are one the island right now????? You went to MY shoppers!!! Yay....hope you are enjoying todays weather much better than yesterdays hahahahh.!!! (Shes in my city btw everyone)

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif ive seen Vichy and ROC in the US unless its something else. I am sure there is, I just cant find them in Minnesota. I cant find Biotherm in Minnesota either and they have it here.
smile.gif
I love Lait Corporel!

Originally Posted by Becka /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would be VERY interested to hear how the quo primer works!!the only other primer I could ever find up here was lise watier and I really didn't like it.

I tried vichy face creams a while back, got an allergic reaction. I have sensitive skin but the tub did say it was non-allergenic.

Have never tried quo products - but I can't praise the MARCELLE line enough! I use the moisture cream ... a little goes a long way. If I run out and go a few days without my skin reverts back to not looking so healthy, so I can really tell that using it is actually doing me favors, i'd recommend picking some up!

Do you have dry skin? My skin is more on the combination/ acne prone side though.
So far I am pleased with the primer, but only a few hours have elapsed. I will have a better report in the end of the day.
smile.gif

The Quo primer costed CAN $ 20; compared to US$ 36 for the smashbox primer...

Originally Posted by Salope /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would definitely pick up products from La Roche-Posay. I've been using their Active C for years and won't do without it. I also use their sunscreen which has mexoryl. I love their cleansers too. They are some of the BEST skin care products out there. I'd definitely check them out. I bought the Anthelios sunscreen during my last trip to Canada but I never use it because it feels a little greasy on my face... Is this the one you are refering to? What is Active C?

Originally Posted by Saja /img/forum/go_quote.gif You are one the island right now????? You went to MY shoppers!!! Yay....hope you are enjoying todays weather much better than yesterdays hahahahh.!!! (Shes in my city btw everyone) Yes I am here!!! LOL. Yesterday was brutal, we went to watch a soccer game in that horrible cold windy weather. But today is fab; I just had lunch a Peake's Quay (which belongs to Jamie's uncle) and Ice cream at Cow's (LOVE!)' then I laid here on the back yard for a few minutes and almost fell asleep... That would have been a disaster, I would have woken up with a big red farmer's tan!!! LOL

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes I am here!!! LOL. Yesterday was brutal, we went to watch a soccer game in that horrible cold windy weather. But today is fab; I just had lunch a Peake's Quay (which belongs to Jamie's uncle) and Ice cream at Cow's (LOVE!)' then I laid here on the back yard for a few minutes and almost fell asleep... That would have been a disaster, I would have woken up with a big red farmer's tan!!! LOL Was it the UPEI panthers vs moncton game? If so , thats awsome cuz my brother was in that game!

Originally Posted by Saja /img/forum/go_quote.gif Was it the UPEI panthers vs moncton game? If so , thats awsome cuz my brother was in that game! I am not sure actually. My sister-in-law's husband was playing some sort of tournament finals and we went there to watch. Not sure what the name of the team was... The game was at the UPEI field; started around 6PM.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am not sure actually. My sister-in-law's husband was playing some sort of tournament finals and we went there to watch. Not sure what the name of the team was... The game was at the UPEI field; started around 6PM. Oh, that wasnt it. He was playing at 2. Oh well...but that would have cool had it been. Enjoy your stay!!!

Wow you're not far from Newfoundland then huh?
tongue.gif

I haven't tried the primer, but I wear Quo foundation that I'm happy with. They have a few good e/s but I'm not really keen on them. I have 4 20$ quads away last spring.

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow you're not far from Newfoundland then huh?
tongue.gif

I haven't tried the primer, but I wear Quo foundation that I'm happy with. They have a few good e/s but I'm not really keen on them. I have 4 20$ quads away last spring.

Nope. I'm in PEI. Not sure how far from Newfoundland though
smile.gif

I haven't tried the Quo primer but please let us know how it works for you. I'm curious to try it, especially at that price.

Here are a few of my likes from the lines you mentioned. My skin is combo, slightly oily tzone, dry cheeks.

Quo--

Makeup brushes

Bronzer brush

Powder

Blush

Eyeshadow

Marcelle Skin Care---

Moisture Lotion- lightweight, ideal for spring, summer. I find I need something heavier in the colder winter months.

Marcelle Night Cream- Not overly thick but a great moisturizer

Marcelle Moisture Cream- Another great moisturizer for day or night

Marcelle Cleansing Cloths (blue and white package) Great for wiping off makeup when your in a hurry.

Marcelle Eye makeup remover-- Soothing Eye Makeup Remover Gel. Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes (removes waterproof eye makeup)

Marcelle Makeup--

Eyeshadows (wet/dry)

Waterproof Eyeliners

Lipgloss

Vichy--

Purete Thermale Rehydrating Thermal Mask -(great mask for adding moisture to the skin, especially during winter months)

Purete Thermale One Step Cleanser -(cleanser, toner and eye makeup remover)

Thermal Fix Mat Face Moisturizer -(great mattifying lotion for summer to use all over or in tzone)

RoC--

Gomage Douceur Gentle Exfoliating Cream -( I have sensitive skin and this product is not harsh)

Enydrial Dermo Cleansing Lotion- (creamy lotion that is gentle on the skin)

Enydrial Extra Emollient Cream- (face moisturizer that does not irritate, ideal for autumn, winter months)

Annabelle Cosmetics--

Single eyeshadows

Blush

Lise Watier-- (not sure if this is available where you are, sold at select Shoppers Drug Marts)

Eyeshadow singles

Eyeliner (check out the waterproof and eyeshines which are also waterproof)

Lipsticks and lipglosses

Metamorfix (liquid that transforms eyeshadow into eyeliner)

Brush Cleaner

I know Biotherm is sold at select Shoppers Drug Marts where I live. Also sold at select Sears locations.

Have fun shopping!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by canadian_gurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I haven't tried the Quo primer but please let us know how it works for you. I'm curious to try it, especially at that price.
Here are a few of my likes from the lines you mentioned. My skin is combo, slightly oily tzone, dry cheeks.

Quo--

Makeup brushes

Bronzer brush

Powder

Blush

Eyeshadow

Marcelle Skin Care---

Moisture Lotion- lightweight, ideal for spring, summer. I find I need something heavier in the colder winter months.

Marcelle Night Cream- Not overly thick but a great moisturizer

Marcelle Moisture Cream- Another great moisturizer for day or night

Marcelle Cleansing Cloths (blue and white package) Great for wiping off makeup when your in a hurry.

Marcelle Eye makeup remover-- Soothing Eye Makeup Remover Gel. Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes (removes waterproof eye makeup)

Marcelle Makeup--

Eyeshadows (wet/dry)

Waterproof Eyeliners

Lipgloss

Vichy--

Purete Thermale Rehydrating Thermal Mask -(great mask for adding moisture to the skin, especially during winter months)

Purete Thermale One Step Cleanser -(cleanser, toner and eye makeup remover)

Thermal Fix Mat Face Moisturizer -(great mattifying lotion for summer to use all over or in tzone)

RoC--

Gomage Douceur Gentle Exfoliating Cream -( I have sensitive skin and this product is not harsh)

Enydrial Dermo Cleansing Lotion- (creamy lotion that is gentle on the skin)

Enydrial Extra Emollient Cream- (face moisturizer that does not irritate, ideal for autumn, winter months)

Annabelle Cosmetics--

Single eyeshadows

Blush

Lise Watier-- (not sure if this is available where you are, sold at select Shoppers Drug Marts)

Eyeshadow singles

Eyeliner (check out the waterproof and eyeshines which are also waterproof)

Lipsticks and lipglosses

Metamorfix (liquid that transforms eyeshadow into eyeliner)

Brush Cleaner

I know Biotherm is sold at select Shoppers Drug Marts where I live. Also sold at select Sears locations.

Have fun shopping!
smile.gif

Wow thanks so much! And yes they do sell Lise Watier here.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back