Quo - question for the canadian girls (and boys) :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow thanks so much! And yes they do sell Lise Watier here.
smile.gif
Your welcome!
smile.gif

OK so after using it for 1 day I say that this Quo primer performs similarly to the smashbox photofinish. The texture feels slightly more greasy than the smashbox one but still didnt make my face oily or anything. I am going out for dinner with Jamie now and I re-did my face and used the primer again. I think I will buy another bottle before I go home, to stock pile you know.
smile.gif

I'm sure they have some really great stuff...I just can't be bothered to try them out though.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bought the Anthelios sunscreen during my last trip to Canada but I never use it because it feels a little greasy on my face... Is this the one you are refering to? What is Active C? You have to be careful which anthelious you purchase because some are greasier than others. I purchased the face and body one, not realizing it, and it turned out to be quite greasy as well. You must make sure you get one for the face only and the non-greasy formula. Despite the greasiness, I still use mine because nothing protects skin like mexoryl and I don't want wrinkles. lol
Vitamin C is an anti-aging gel-ish cream. I've been using it for years. It's expensive but lasts a long time (one tube last me a good 6 months at least).

La Roche-Posay Active-C Light Texture Formula

I agree with the others......I like most Quo stuff, the brushes are nice too, I like Lise Watier, Marcelle and Annabelle!

Have fun in Canada!!

Quo does have some great products! They have cream blushes that are to dye for. I love Annabelle blushes too. I think Quo is definately worth checking out, and post how you like the primer
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Do you have dry skin? My skin is more on the combination/ acne prone side though.
So far I am pleased with the primer, but only a few hours have elapsed. I will have a better report in the end of the day.
smile.gif

The Quo primer costed CAN $ 20; compared to US$ 36 for the smashbox primer...

I'd say mine is normal, but it did used to be a little on the dry side til I found marcelle. Got any update on the primer yet LOL

Originally Posted by Becka /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd say mine is normal, but it did used to be a little on the dry side til I found marcelle. Got any update on the primer yet LOL I'm actually loving it. It hold my MU like a charm. I can't see any difference between this primer and the smashbox primer, except for a little difference in the texture. I will buy 1 or 2 more bottles before I go back home since primer is something I use everyday anyways!

I dont have much from Quo but from the brands you mentioned some things I immediatly thought of..

Annabelle... their loose pigments, e/s trios, eyeliners called smoothliners are as good as UDs 24/7 pencils, and their eye kohl in the color HALO is the exact same as Benefit Highbrow but it cost me $5!

Marcelle... I havent tried much from this brand but their SINGLE eyeshadows are something awesome, the duos suck, but the singles still rock, Ive been using them for years and love them.

And actually Quo makes some of my favorite fake eyelashes
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Killah Kitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif And actually Quo makes some of my favorite fake eyelashes
smile.gif

I can't say they're my fave cause I haven't tried others, but I only ever wear Quo falsies and I love them! I buy the ones with 30 little eyelashes in em
tongue.gif

Thanks for the update in regards to the primer Thais.
smile.gif
I really want to try it.
smile.gif

Is there a way we can buy Quo products online? I googled it but couldnt find anything. I guess I will have to stock pile on this primer. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is there a way we can buy Quo products online? I googled it but couldnt find anything. I guess I will have to stock pile on this primer. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I checked around and didn't see any Quo websites. It's only sold at Shoppers Drug Mart. I'm sure one of us canucks could CP you Quo products.
smile.gif

I went out on bought this yesterday.....I used it today and I love it!!! no oilies all day and a nice smooth finish...my mmu stayed on all day!!!

Thanks so much Thais!!!!!!!!!!

Quo is featured on the Shoppers Drugmart web site, but not sold online anywhere.

Originally Posted by dentaldee /img/forum/go_quote.gif I went out on bought this yesterday.....I used it today and I love it!!! no oilies all day and a nice smooth finish...my mmu stayed on all day!!! Thanks so much Thais!!!!!!!!!!

Quo is featured on the Shoppers Drugmart web site, but not sold online anywhere.

YAY Glad you loved it too!!!!

So I went back to Shoppers today to get a backup of the primer and guess what, it was all gone!!!! I was pretty bummed. But then, I hear Jamie calling me and saying "Hunny is this what you arev looking for"? It turns out that they had a little side display with the primer and they had just a couple more for sale. Phew! I grabbed one.
smile.gif
Also got a Quo concealer and a few vichy and Biotherm products. Lovely!
smile.gif

Pick up the QUO makeup brushes!

I am so happy with them, and they're even a better price when on sale.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by misstee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Pick up the QUO makeup brushes!I am so happy with them, and they're even a better price when on sale.
wink.gif

I saw them but didnt buy any cause I dont need any brushes at the moment. Thanks for the tip though!

Latest posts

Back