Rant for aspirin mask

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After seeing this all over the internet, I decided to try it. For those that may not know what it is, the aspirin mask has several different "recipes", but the general gist is this: take some aspirin (the uncoated kind) and dissolve them in warm water. Spread the mixture all over your face...let dry, rinse off. Some people add aloe vera gel or cetaphil moisturizer or cleanser...but I think you get the point. It is supposed to be an exfoliator, due to the tiny bits of aspirin that do not dissolve completely and also due to the fact that aspirin contains salicylic acid.

Well...I have tried it several times. My skin feels nice afterwards, but within the next day or two, I am COMPLETELY broken out ALL OVER!
icon_evil.gif
I don't know what it is, because I have used salicylic products often, but this just does not work for me. I probably will never try it again, but I'd be interested if anyone may have a clue why it does this to me.

I don't like the Aspirin Mask either.

Mostly b/c as it dries, it flakes off & makes me sneeze! I also start inhaling the mask. Not good!

Also, it didn't do anything miraculous for my skin.

I'll stick with my DDF Sulfur Mask.

Originally Posted by PnkCosmo I also start inhaling the mask. But you probably don't have a headache afterwards! LOL

I haven't tried the aspiring mask but I wonder if it's drying your skin out too much and your skin is trying to compensate for the dryness and ends up breaking out? I've noticed that if my skin gets too dry I get breakouts. I also have to be careful not to use too much moisturizers or again I breakouts. My skin is combo/oily.

Originally Posted by fylloh After seeing this all over the internet, I decided to try it. For those that may not know what it is, the aspirin mask has several different "recipes", but the general gist is this: take some aspirin (the uncoated kind) and dissolve them in warm water. Spread the mixture all over your face...let dry, rinse off. Some people add aloe vera gel or cetaphil moisturizer or cleanser...but I think you get the point. It is supposed to be an exfoliator, due to the tiny bits of aspirin that do not dissolve completely and also due to the fact that aspirin contains salicylic acid.
Well...I have tried it several times. My skin feels nice afterwards, but within the next day or two, I am COMPLETELY broken out ALL OVER!
icon_evil.gif
I don't know what it is, because I have used salicylic products often, but this just does not work for me. I probably will never try it again, but I'd be interested if anyone may have a clue why it does this to me.

Ooh, not good.. Maybe it's just not suited to your skin type fylloh. there are so many recipes out there for homemade masks so i'm sure you'll find something you like!

too much of a good thing that may strip your skin of its protective barrier pH. perhaps you need to balance it out w/an alkaline protector like Fanie's Misty E oil & Protein creme.

hmmm i dont know why it did that.. i use the aspirin mask almost daily and it has never made me break out nor did it dry my skin out... but different ppl get different results...

Latest posts

Back