RANT! RANT! why dont people LISTEN!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
<INPUT onclick="doEmoticon(this.form.body,eList,66);retur n false;" type=image alt=:rant src="http://www.monmouth.com/~joiseygirl/emoticons/rant.gif"> Im gonna SCREAM! Why don't people listen?!?! Seriously! I came into work yesterday to see my "message" light on my phone lit. So i listened to the message and heard "Hi, this is Mrs XXX, I am calling to get copies of my x-rays sent to me"..on and ON and ON she went.. I WORK IN THE PARAMEDIC DEPARTMENT!<INPUT onclick="doEmoticon(this.form.body,eList,36);retur n false;" type=image alt=:wtf src="http://www.monmouth.com/~joiseygirl/emoticons/wtf.gif"> NOT RADIOLOGY!!!! AND!! MY voice mail states, you have reached BLAH BLAH Hospital paramedic department, if this is an emergency, please hang up and call 911! Then goes on to direct callers to who i am, and my department, as well as the education people etc (we had some rearranging with extensions, i have the old education number)<INPUT onclick="doEmoticon(this.form.body,eList,64);retur n false;" type=image alt=:lame src="http://www.monmouth.com/~joiseygirl/emoticons/lame.gif">

Just now, i got another call, i answered BLAH BLAH Paramedics and someone ELSE asked me for information about a test result.. HI! DO YOU NOT LISTEN.. PAR-A-MEDICS! PARAMEDICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every day, there is some other person who left a drawn out message about NOTHING related to my department, then have the NERVE to call back and get nasty that "your department did not get back to me".. i forward messages when i can.. and then i tell them THEY CALLED THE WRONG DEPARTMENT. The best was when i was on vacation. A student kept CALLING and CALLING.. leaving a ton of messages.. EVEN THOUGH MY MESSAGE SAYS ON VACATION.. and then all about education.. This person called when i got back.. and REAMED me. Finally i just said.. Ya know. iF YOU PAID ATTENTION TO THE MESSAGE YOU WOULDA REALIZED YOU HAD THE WRONG DEPARTMENT AND THE MESSAGE GAVE YOU THE RIGHT NUMBERS!!!!<INPUT onclick="doEmoticon(this.form.body,eList,32);retur n false;" type=image alt=:banghead src="http://www.monmouth.com/~joiseygirl/emoticons/banghead.gif">

Originally Posted by Laura Let it all out girlie.. let it all out! ahhh- i feel better.

oooh! these people!
icon_evil.gif

i think if people actually listened, then it would make the world run too good and then there's be nothing else to b**** about...
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by MacForMe

Im gonna SCREAM! Why don't people listen?!?! Seriously! I came into work yesterday to see my "message" light on my phone lit. So i listened to the message and heard "Hi, this is Mrs XXX, I am calling to get copies of my x-rays sent to me"..on and ON and ON she went.. I WORK IN THE PARAMEDIC DEPARTMENT! NOT RADIOLOGY!!!! AND!! MY voice mail states, you have reached BLAH BLAH Hospital paramedic department, if this is an emergency, please hang up and call 911! Then goes on to direct callers to who i am, and my department, as well as the education people etc (we had some rearranging with extensions, i have the old education number)
Just now, i got another call, i answered BLAH BLAH Paramedics and someone ELSE asked me for information about a test result.. HI! DO YOU NOT LISTEN.. PAR-A-MEDICS! PARAMEDICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every day, there is some other person who left a drawn out message about NOTHING related to my department, then have the NERVE to call back and get nasty that "your department did not get back to me".. i forward messages when i can.. and then i tell them THEY CALLED THE WRONG DEPARTMENT. The best was when i was on vacation. A student kept CALLING and CALLING.. leaving a ton of messages.. EVEN THOUGH MY MESSAGE SAYS ON VACATION.. and then all about education.. This person called when i got back.. and REAMED me. Finally i just said.. Ya know. iF YOU PAID ATTENTION TO THE MESSAGE YOU WOULDA REALIZED YOU HAD THE WRONG DEPARTMENT AND THE MESSAGE GAVE YOU THE RIGHT NUMBERS!!!!

Damn! WTF is right! iT'S GOOD YOU got it all off your chest....now go outside, look up and scream "WTF" and you will feel better.
wink.gif

Disconnect your number for a few days so that they are forced to try calling the right person! You did your job, so they have no good reason to treat you like crap.

You're not alone, - Yeah, people can be so stupid & cruel - they only hear what "they wanna hear" !!

Originally Posted by MacForMe <INPUT onclick="doEmoticon(this.form.body,eList,66);retur n false;" type=image alt=:rant src="http://www.monmouth.com/~joiseygirl/emoticons/rant.gif"> Im gonna SCREAM! Why don't people listen?!?! Seriously! I came into work yesterday to see my "message" light on my phone lit. So i listened to the message and heard "Hi, this is Mrs XXX, I am calling to get copies of my x-rays sent to me"..on and ON and ON she went.. I WORK IN THE PARAMEDIC DEPARTMENT!<INPUT onclick="doEmoticon(this.form.body,eList,36);retur n false;" type=image alt=:wtf src="http://www.monmouth.com/~joiseygirl/emoticons/wtf.gif"> NOT RADIOLOGY!!!! AND!! MY voice mail states, you have reached BLAH BLAH Hospital paramedic department, if this is an emergency, please hang up and call 911! Then goes on to direct callers to who i am, and my department, as well as the education people etc (we had some rearranging with extensions, i have the old education number)<INPUT onclick="doEmoticon(this.form.body,eList,64);retur n false;" type=image alt=:lame src="http://www.monmouth.com/~joiseygirl/emoticons/lame.gif">

Every day, there is some other person who left a drawn out message about NOTHING related to my department, then have the NERVE to call back and get nasty that "your department did not get back to me".. i forward messages when i can.. and then i tell them THEY CALLED THE WRONG DEPARTMENT. The best was when i was on vacation. A student kept CALLING and CALLING.. leaving a ton of messages.. EVEN THOUGH MY MESSAGE SAYS ON VACATION.. and then all about education.. This person called when i got back.. and REAMED me. Finally i just said.. Ya know. iF YOU PAID ATTENTION TO THE MESSAGE YOU WOULDA REALIZED YOU HAD THE WRONG DEPARTMENT AND THE MESSAGE GAVE YOU THE RIGHT NUMBERS!!!!<INPUT onclick="doEmoticon(this.form.body,eList,32);retur n false;" type=image alt=:banghead src="http://www.monmouth.com/~joiseygirl/emoticons/banghead.gif">

I can totally relate! I've come to the conclusion that there is a disproportionate number of stupid people in this country.

Sorry 'bout your ordeal
mad.gif

Thanks guys.. well the inane amount of dumbness continued today.. phone rang.. i answered as usual.. now, this is my actual office, no one answers the phone for me.. and there is no one else IN my office but me (can i just tell you how happy i was to have a door that closes yesterday???) so anyway, i get this person who OBVIOUSLY DID NOT UNDERSTAND the words BLAH BLAH PARAMEDICS and asked me if he could buy a course textbook. HUH??? Paramedics = sells textbooks.. ??? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFF

SO, i politely say (bite tongue! bite! bite!) Sorry, you have the incorrect extension, i will SEND YOU UP TO EDUCATION (yes, they sell the texts).. well, unknown to me, no one is up there yet, they are all at classes.. so, i assume that this person got the education voice mail CUZ HE CALLED ME BACK.. did he NOT HEAR ME TELL HIM BEFORE HE HAD THE WRONG NUMBER???

ARGH! SPIT! GRIT TEETH SPEW ALL KINDS OF FOUL LANGUAGE!!!!

Is there any way you can request to have your extension number changed?

I think if that was happening to me, I'd be in a straight jacket by now.
icon_eek.gif

I really feel for ya!
icon_sad.gif

Hope everything was better today.

I think we all have those days when everyone else is soo off except for ourselves. Hang in there and let it all out when you need to.

oh.. these PEOPLE.

Well, i talked to the "switchboard". they have changed the number in their system.. however. the calls still come.. just no where near as bad..
claps.gif

finally..

yes the world is full of STUPID people....I run into them all the time...

I totally understand ya! I work in my college's library and for some reason we always get calls that are supposed to go to a hospital not us..anyways when I answer the phone the first thing that comes out of my mouth is " ASU LIBRARY" but people will be like " I need Dr. so so"
icon_evil.gif
and I'm just like OMG! Are you deaf!!!!

HHope you manage to unwind and chill,.....deep breaths.....s l o w l e y.

Originally Posted by smallpuppy I totally understand ya! I work in my college's library and for some reason we always get calls that are supposed to go to a hospital not us..anyways when I answer the phone the first thing that comes out of my mouth is " ASU LIBRARY" but people will be like " I need Dr. so so"
icon_evil.gif
and I'm just like OMG! Are you deaf!!!! I would love to answer the phone "Grand Central Station" or "Office of Dr.Kevorkian" even better "Internal Revenue Service" just to see what happens.. lol! How funny would that be..

Originally Posted by Charmaine LOL! I'm sure if you answer with the IRS one, everyone will hang up on you! Hahahaha Not a BAD THING!

people are so ignorant! do they NOT hear the recording when they leave a message. it's obviously not a department that would have x-rays! and the nerve of them yelling at you!!!
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif

Latest posts

Back