Rave for Revlon Colorstay Natural

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am absolutely crazy about this foundation. It was HOT and STICKY here today, and I washed my car, got water all over me, got all sweaty and gross, but my face still looked ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

When I finished with the car, I came back into the house for a shower to rinse off all the sweat, and when I looked in the mirror I was totally shocked. My face still looked very even and fresh.

I officially declare this my HG foundation!

i've heard nothing but raves. i'm gonna try it. is it hard to wash off, though?

Colorstay definitely stays and they have a decent color selection...the only thing about applying it is you have to move fast because it sets very quickly and it's pretty matte. I've even used it without setting it with any powder and it stayed put and looked very matte.

I love CSN!!
smile.gif
It's my HG long-wearing foundation!!

yay! glad you found something that works very well for you
smile.gif

big + that it is a drugstore brand too!

I used to use this years ago and although it did control the shine, my pores were clogged and the makeup didn't wash clean. I wish there was a foundation out there that controlled oil just as good as this Revlon one, but was water soluable.

yeah, that's the only bad thing about the Colorstay...becuase it's a liquid foundation, the only way it stays put is because it's alcohol based. So it's not the greatest if you're sensitive at all when it comes to makeup

Originally Posted by Jennifer i've heard nothing but raves. i'm gonna try it. is it hard to wash off, though? I don't have a problem washing it. I use Philosophy Purity Made Simple but it came off with other washes I've used before (Neutrogena, Prescriptives, etc.)

Originally Posted by envymi yeah, that's the only bad thing about the Colorstay...becuase it's a liquid foundation, the only way it stays put is because it's alcohol based. So it's not the greatest if you're sensitive at all when it comes to makeup My skin is pretty sensitive, though I wouldn't say it's extremely sensitive. I've had no reaction to this foundation.
I have had bad reactions to MAC Studio Fix, Clinique, Lancome, and Cover Girl (ick!) foundations.

Originally Posted by tashbash Is this a real thick foundation? It sounds like it works really well. The Revlon Colorstay Natural is a thinner version of the regular Revlon Colorstay foundation. It comes in a pump bottle. I don't recommend the regular Revlon Colorstay...it's too thick and too difficult to blend.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 hmmm... you have my wheels turning! It's good stuff! So is the Maybelline Dream Mousse blush I keep forgetting to write a review on.

Originally Posted by spazbaby It's good stuff! So is the Maybelline Dream Mousse blush I keep forgetting to write a review on. they have a dream matte mousse blush??? Or are you talking about the foundation??
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 they have a dream matte mousse blush??? Or are you talking about the foundation??
icon_wink.gif
They just came out with blushes. I finally wrote a review. I think they're great.

Originally Posted by chellebelle99 ^^ does CSN cover up blemishes well, and do they have it in a very fair shade? It covers blemishes better than most foundations. I still add a little concealer on top but not nearly as much as most foundations require.
I wear the shade called "Buff", and I think there is one shade lighter than Buff. I'm fair but not necessarily pale, so maybe the lightest one would be what you're looking for. The Buff seems to go on a little lighter than it looks in the bottle, which is a good thing in my case.

Untill I discoverd BE, Revlon colorstay was my foundation of choice. Actually, Its all I ever wore for years. I have to say I really do like this foundation even though its a liquid. It covers up so well. When I was in high school, I had a lot of pimples, But with the colorstay, My face looked flawless all day!

Lisa

Originally Posted by leelee04 Untill I discoverd BE, Revlon colorstay was my foundation of choice. Actually, Its all I ever wore for years. I have to say I really do like this foundation even though its a liquid. It covers up so well. When I was in high school, I had a lot of pimples, But with the colorstay, My face looked flawless all day! Lisa

do you like bare mierals more b/c i have bare minerals my ownly problems are its so shiny and makes my pores look really big

Originally Posted by chellebelle99 do you like bare mierals more b/c i have bare minerals my ownly problems are its so shiny and makes my pores look really big The main reason I like Bare Minerals is it feels natural. If I use the mineral foundation on its own it doesent look so good, But if I use mineral veil it looks pretty good. I live in Florida where the summer is almost unbearable, I used to hate that cakey feeling when I would get sweaty,it's really uncomfortable. Lisa

Latest posts

Back