Reaching Goals - Unhappy.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have finally reached my summer fitness goals (went from a size 6 to size 4) and at first i was really happy for week, but after that, i am not satisfied anymore. i don't have the passion or the same motivation to go work out anymore.

i know that i need to workout EVEN MORE to keep my current weight, but is there anyway to motivate myself to continue working out?

i thought getting to this size would make me extremely happy, and all my clothing woes would be eliminated. but it's only been short term. i am still unhappy with my size, and fear getting bigger again.

i say have fun with it now. you've reached your goal.

try taking a tiny break from working out. like not go as many days during the week. and just eat healthy. once you hit your goal, you just have to maintain it. be happy that you hit your goal
smile.gif
i'm sure you loof fantastic and your bf will love the new look!

CONGRATS ON REACHING YOUR GOAL!

NOW IT'S TIME TO SET A NEW GOAL. YOUR MAINTANCE GOAL PLAN. TRY RESEARCHING: HOW TO DRESS YOUR BODY TYPE. ALWAYS ANOTHER GOAL TO REACH. GO FOR IT. NO ONE SAID LIFE IS EASY.

Originally Posted by sugersoul i have finally reached my summer fitness goals (went from a size 6 to size 4) and at first i was really happy for week, but after that, i am not satisfied anymore. i don't have the passion or the same motivation to go work out anymore.
i know that i need to workout EVEN MORE to keep my current weight, but is there anyway to motivate myself to continue working out?

i thought getting to this size would make me extremely happy, and all my clothing woes would be eliminated. but it's only been short term. i am still unhappy with my size, and fear getting bigger again.

Congrats Girlie!
claps.gif
I agree with Liz, maybe not go as often as you did before, or just think of going as a thing to do to pass time instead of worrying about your progress - Or do things active that you enjoy...
icon_wink.gif
You've gotten this far, so maintaining it is the easy part
wink.gif

It always helped me when I was in the gym to look at the other gals and say (in my head of course) I WANT THAT BODY. Not because I wanted to impress other people, but b/c maybe I wanted certain shoulders, certain arms, certain legs, certain bust.....I'd pick my desired features, put them together and say I want that body.

Change your routine up if it's boring you or if you wonder if you should continue working out. Variety is the spice of life!!

HTH - If you need anymore advice feel free to PM me!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

hi...

i just wanted to say that i can totally relate! i have bdd (body dysmorphic disorder), and no matter how thin i am or how i change my body, the result is very temporary, and then i go back to feeling bad about my body again. i am not in any way suggesting that you have bdd, but i have learned through my experiences what to value and what is important.

it is great to have goalsfor oneself, and if losing weight is one of them, that is a fine goal. now that you don't need to go to the gym to lose weight, you should try to focus on doing it for the many benefits exercise and fitness offer. maybe take a yoga class and experience how your body and mind can both benefit by getting in touch with your physical self. you shouldn't and don't deserve to be unhappy with yourself!

we all have things we don't like about our figures, and i would not suggest looking at other woman as inspiration for another goal simply because your particular body shape may make those impossible goals. your new goal should be to be happy with the goal you accomplished and to be satisfied and realistic about your body. i would definately recommend taking a yoga class since it helps reveal how the body and mind really are one, and that changes how you look at fitness and your body. plus it makes you look fantastic. you are a very beautiful girl...you shouldn't be unhappy!

jessica

congrats on reaching your goal! you've worked hard and this is your reward - to look good and feel better. do you know what's making you unhappy about your size? a size four is pretty small so it couldn't be weight could it? is it your body shape? maybe it's time for a different type of exercise. maybe a sculpting class or palates is the next step for you. don't be so hard on yourself suger! you should be proud! i wish i had your will power. remember the changes we are trying to make are for a healthier life in the long term, not just to look good today! great job!

Originally Posted by sugersoul i have finally reached my summer fitness goals (went from a size 6 to size 4) and at first i was really happy for week, but after that, i am not satisfied anymore. i don't have the passion or the same motivation to go work out anymore.

Latest posts

Back