Really having trouble

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
im really stuck in a place at the moment when it comes to clothes. all i wear are sports bras, ill fitting jeans and hoodies. grrr i hate it i have nice high heels but every pair of trousers i try on or even buy are uncomfortable. i am really lost when it comes to buying clothes, and dont have the money to transform my whole wardrobe in one go. i go into a shop and hardly find anything i like, let alot can wear. one of my best friends wears jeans with a tshirt and heels and pulls it off and looks fab, im not overweight but bigger than her, i try and pull it off and look awful. i just dont know how to get myself transformed into a more sophosticated woman, rather than a school girl. its hard when the clothes i wear are so damn compfy!

well if trousers are too difficult to shop for (and I agree with you - there is so much more too look out for in terms of fit, leg length, waist height etc) then go for skirts. Start with a nice black pencil skirt, they look awesome with heels. Bring the heels in a bag when you shop so you can test what they look like. Then buy some fabulous print stockings and you're set! have a look on polyvore.com - you can put some items together and it will help give you some ideas when you go to the shop.

Good luck
smile.gif

I have a hard time with slacks too... That's why I wear casual skirts or dress instead of jeans.... A lot of cute skirts out there and they always go great with heels!!

How do you know it looks awful? Is it based on an outsiders opinion or your own?

Sometimes, when we get acustomed to an image of ourselves, its hard to open up and try other looks even though it does look good on you.

If anything, start small instead of going drastic. Change your tops first. Buy one or two tops you wouldnt normally buy. Take an honest friend to help you pick out something. Then when you get used to different style tops, go for bottoms, or shoes or something.

Do you have any friends who could come over and go out shopping with you? You know,the ones that could have you try on clothing for your shape.

the thing with pants and skirts is that you have to try them on..even if it means trying on 10 or 20 pairs unfortunately. I know I've walked out of a store frustrated many times not finding jeans or pants I like. As far as jeans...opt for a fitted boot cut jean. Once you find the right pair they will look hot with heels.

I agree with all the advice. You really need to be patient when trying to find new clothes, especially pants. When I bought a new pair of jeans recently, I had to try on 17 pairs before I found the right ones. But it's worth the effort when you find something really nice.

also, when i find a brand and style that fits me well...I stay very loyal to that brand. And don't be afraid to spend a little extra on jeans if you are going to wear them daily. I spend most of my money on jeans because i know I will wear them all the time and I want them to fit right and be comfortable.

i think im going to have to have to go a bit more expensive with the jeans side, maybe levi or diesel. well ive just found out im pregnant so once the baby is born i will be rewarding myself with some great fitting jeans!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif well if trousers are too difficult to shop for (and I agree with you - there is so much more too look out for in terms of fit, leg length, waist height etc) then go for skirts. Start with a nice black pencil skirt, they look awesome with heels. Bring the heels in a bag when you shop so you can test what they look like. Then buy some fabulous print stockings and you're set! have a look on polyvore.com - you can put some items together and it will help give you some ideas when you go to the shop.
Good luck
smile.gif

Great advice!! I agree!

Congratulations on the baby, you must be very happy. Well when it comes time to shop for new clothes after the baby is born, take some one,( that can be brutally honest) with you. We tend to be very critical of the way we look and don’t always see the way we look in someone else’s eye. You might look hotter than you think. I still tend to go with skirts whenever I can, wearing tights or pattern stocking can really change the look.

Originally Posted by mmonroemaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif i think im going to have to have to go a bit more expensive with the jeans side, maybe levi or diesel. well ive just found out im pregnant so once the baby is born i will be rewarding myself with some great fitting jeans!
smile.gif
Congrats on the baby!
smile.gif

yay, congrats for the baby !

Rosie gave a great advice. also go for bootcut jeans, they're great even with a pair of Doc Martens (lol contrary to you i'd probably wear a skirt but no heels, just my damn pair of boots !
rotfl.gif
).

my best advice would be try to branch out from your own style a little bit. get a dressy top or tighter fittin' pants. jeans with heels always looks put together. you'll have to just browse & try different things. it would help to look on the net before you go shoppin'. *congrats on your baby*

Be careful, you may get addicted! God I did, went years never shopping, and only wearing sports wear... Boy, now I get out at least once a week to buy something girlie and new!

If the clothes are not comfortable in the stores where you usually buy your stuff you may need to try other stores. Stores you have never gone into.

Latest posts

Back