recipes for almond oil cleanser and almond face scrub

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
here are a couple recipes that i just got. i havent tried them out yet, but they sound really nice. ive never made "lotion" before, so it should be fun! the book said that the cleanser emulsifies as you stir.

almond oil cleanser

makes 8 oz.

1 oz. beeswax

5 oz. almond oil

1/4 t borax

4T rosewater

2 drops rose essential oil

melt wax in a double boiler (ive done this in the microwave in a disposable "tupperware" with no probs.) whisk in almond oil. stir borax into rosewater. whisk rosewater mixture into wax/oil mixture, whisking constantly until creamy. stir in rose EO.

you can get rosewater at ethnic grocery stores, specifically indian stores. you can find the rest at a natural foods store. the only pricey item is the almond oil, which isnt too much.

the recipe didnt say how long it would keep, but if you add the contents of a few vitamin e caplets, it will act as a preservative.

almond face scrub

makes 10 treatments

3 T ground almonds

1 T medium oatmeal

3 T powdered milk

2 T powdered rose petals

mix indredients together. to use, mix almond oil into a bit of the powder, to a paste.

I'm really intrigued by the Almond Oil cleanser! Emollient cleansers do such a great job of removing makeup. Thanks for posting these recipes.

youre welcome.
smile.gif
im dying to make the cleanser, and ill report back as soon as i do!

its for the face, but i dont see why you couldnt use it on the body. i dont know if it would be strong enough, though.

k - I just wanted to check and make sure that it was okat that I moved it to the skincare board.
smile.gif
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back