Recommenations for my skin? (Oily, starting to get a few spots)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've tried researching this myself but there's too many options and conflicting reviews... I'm 18 and have fairly clear skin usually but have started getting a few painful, red spots occasionally in the last few months. I also get very oily, especially my eyelids and t-zone. My skin isn't all that sensitive but I don't want anything really harsh. I'm looking to replace my entire skincare routine as none of my current products seem to do anything in the long run, they're fine when I've just cleaned my face and everything but the effects seem to wear off really quickly (for reference I use Body Shop Tea Tree face wash and foaming cleanser along with No7 Essential Moisture day cream for my moisturizer and No7 toner that I really can't remember the name off). I'm going to House Of Fraser sometime this week so I would really like options from there if possible (Clarins, Clinique, Origins etc... there's a list of what they do on the website). I was looking at Clinique Anti-Blemish foaming cleanser, so if anyone has had experience with that please let me know what you thought of it!

Try staying clear of toners.  Most of them contain alcohol and can dry your skin causing more oil production.

You need to find a way to balance out your skin, something you're doing (or not doing) is causing more oil production.... unfortunately, its a trial and error type deal.

Everyone is different and your skin reacts differently to stuff that anyone would recommend.  It took me 20 years to find the right combination of products... and not all of it is from the same manufacturer. 

I had really oily skin... but I found the products that work best for me.  My eyelids are still oily but I use a primer to keep them tamed.

If anything, see if you can budget for a dermatologist... they may be able to recommend the right products for you. 

Good luck in your search!!

Back