Recommendations for a good matte finish foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been using foundations like chantecaille, gorgio armani, stila illuminating foundations this summer and I think I would like to add a nice matte finish one to my collection. It is awfully hot here. I already have blot powder and other pressed powders to help with shine, but i just want a different finish to choose from. Skin is more normal than dry. Thanks for any help!

How about Biotherm's Sense Matte?I've never try it but I hear good things about this one!I'm planning to buy a new foundation this fall because my Clinique's Superdefence it's not as matte as I wanted!!I'm thinking Biotherm's or Estee Lauder's foundations for oily skins!

Estee Lauder double wear, Almay Kinetin foundation. Excellent coverage, matte, very natural looking wears all day, easy to remove. These are my 2 favorites!
icon_smile.gif

Hey you guys! Since many of you seem to like Estee Lauder so much I was looking on Nordstrom.com and found that there is a new Ideal "Matte" Refinishing makeup that won the Self Magazine Health/ Beauty award........I may try that one and the double wear....

Estee Lauder's Ideal Matte isn't new here in Greece,it's almost 2 years in market!!It's a mouse foundation and it's better on combo skins but you have to try it first!!

I think I might have to give that EL a try too, because I'm also looking for a good matte foundation.

My fave matte foundation is Revlon's Colorstay Natural.
smile.gif
Gives me matte, medium to full coverage and lasts all day. I don't wear liquids much anymore, but this is great stuff!!

I am currently using the Lancome Teint Idole foundation however it's not working as well as i expected it to. I've also tried the EL doublewear which i liked although i find that it doesn't blend too well. oh well lol, i'll keep on looking!
redface.gif

I like the Studiofix and Studio Tech froundation from MAC although,( like Trisha has mentioned several times), I noticed it does not last on especially during hot weather. Now I've gone back to using Shiseido's UV White Compact Foundation. I like it because it really helps conceal spots/freckles (darn this age spots
icon_frown.gif
), it has sun protection, and resists perspiration, sebum, water, giving that lasting protection without wearing off. It also can be used year round. I usually wear this with UV White Control and Protect Base Cream.

I have an oil issue.. so, what i do is this..

Never wash in HOT water..

warm only

Never use anything drying (causes more oil!)

Then:

MAC oil control lotion

let sit a moment to soak and set.

then, concealer ONLY where needed.. the tube liquid kind, not creme.

then studio fix powder.

Fix + Spray..

then a dusting of loose powder..

seems to work for me!

Originally Posted by Sophia How about Biotherm's Sense Matte?I've never try it but I hear good things about this one!I'm planning to buy a new foundation this fall because my Clinique's Superdefence it's not as matte as I wanted!!I'm thinking Biotherm's or Estee Lauder's foundations for oily skins! I like the Biotherm Sense Matte Foundation very much! Stays long on skin, get's not so soon oily and makes a very pretty finish!

Thanks Midgard!!Really it has a pretty finish?It's not heavy?because the most matte foundations have heavy finish!!The coverage is it good?

Originally Posted by Midgard I like the Biotherm Sense Matte Foundation very much! Stays long on skin, get's not so soon oily and makes a very pretty finish!

Latest posts

Back