Recommendations for a new digi cam

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the canon A80 as well. The only downfall is that it takes 4 AA batteries and can be a little heavy but the pics are worth it. Nikon and Sony are great cams as well.

Originally Posted by Liz I think I need a new digital camera. Mine sucks. I can never get the right color when I take pics. I have a Sony and it has like # something megapixels. I've only had it for a few years too
frown.gif

And when I take pics of my FOTDs, you can't see the colors very well and they always end up looking the same. That's one of the reasons I haven't been playing with my mkaeup and doing FOTDs cause I can never tell a difference between other ones.

When I use my flash, everything comes out white too.

i'm getting frustrated with it.
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif

Canon without a doubt. A70 +Next Nikon.

Next Konica-Minolta.

Next Sony.

Originally Posted by Jennifer nice cam, janelle! nikons are the best
wink.gif

liz, have you decided on a new cam yet?

not yet. i keep hearing cannons and nikons are good. but i don't want to spend too much $$ right now
icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted by makeuplvr Nikon - Coolpix 4600 Digital Camera i just got this camera lastnight i love it so much ive been playing with it all day. it works really good it cost like $199 at ritz camera. I Love It.
icon_lol.gif
i have the 5600 and love it! it's so cute and tiny.

Originally Posted by Liz not yet. i keep hearing cannons and nikons are good. but i don't want to spend too much $$ right now
icon_confused.gif
fuji=no no. that was my first camera purchase. they dont withstand weather (though you're not SUPPOSED to leave them in extreme conditions, this was not subjected to anything unusual)
sony=great cam, never enough zoom for me. you can give me all the megapixels you want...but if i dont have zoom i dont care.

canon=great overall

nikon=great overall

Since my fuji and my canon were stolen and my sony left at my ex bf's house I had to opt for a less expensive camera and I love it more than any of the ones of had. It's the Konica Minolta Dimage Z10. It's only 3.2 mp and I've had more w/ my other cams, but it's got 8 x optical zoom. You should check it out. I paid less then $200 for it at Walmart. I always get all my reviews on cameras at ZDnet. My parents have an Olympus something or other but it only has the LCD screen. I have to have a viewfinder and an LCD.

For the time being I would say check into lighting instead of a new cam. You really have to play around w/ stuff to make it work. If you've got 3.2 mp and you stand far away from the object you can always crop and zoom after you upload the pic. That will lessen the brightness/whiteness of the picture and give it more natural color. Also you should have color settings. You may be able to change from Natural color, vivid color, b & w, sepia and possibly others. I found the Sony's had an unusually bright flash (it was great for shooting at nightclubs). You CAN turn it down (depending on which one you've got). Scan the manual if you've got some time.

Originally Posted by eightthirty fuji=no no. that was my first camera purchase. they dont withstand weather (though you're not SUPPOSED to leave them in extreme conditions, this was not subjected to anything unusual)
sony=great cam, never enough zoom for me. you can give me all the megapixels you want...but if i dont have zoom i dont care.

canon=great overall

nikon=great overall

Since my fuji and my canon were stolen and my sony left at my ex bf's house I had to opt for a less expensive camera and I love it more than any of the ones of had. It's the Konica Minolta Dimage Z10. It's only 3.2 mp and I've had more w/ my other cams, but it's got 8 x optical zoom. You should check it out. I paid less then $200 for it at Walmart. I always get all my reviews on cameras at ZDnet. My parents have an Olympus something or other but it only has the LCD screen. I have to have a viewfinder and an LCD.

For the time being I would say check into lighting instead of a new cam. You really have to play around w/ stuff to make it work. If you've got 3.2 mp and you stand far away from the object you can always crop and zoom after you upload the pic. That will lessen the brightness/whiteness of the picture and give it more natural color. Also you should have color settings. You may be able to change from Natural color, vivid color, b & w, sepia and possibly others. I found the Sony's had an unusually bright flash (it was great for shooting at nightclubs). You CAN turn it down (depending on which one you've got). Scan the manual if you've got some time.

which fuji did you have? fujis are one of the best out there. they're better than canons.

Originally Posted by Jennifer which fuji did you have? fujis are one of the best out there. they're better than canons. Well my Fuji was probably not that great. It was only 2 mp. It was my first cam purchase. I must say there are some of the higher mp Fujis that I've had my eye on....but I haven't been able to try them. So....I guess I take that back. If you're going to get a Fuji, Liz, get one of the hq Fuji's.

Back