Recommendations for a new digi cam

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liz

Reaction score
I think I need a new digital camera. Mine sucks. I can never get the right color when I take pics. I have a Sony and it has like # something megapixels. I've only had it for a few years too
frown.gif

And when I take pics of my FOTDs, you can't see the colors very well and they always end up looking the same. That's one of the reasons I haven't been playing with my mkaeup and doing FOTDs cause I can never tell a difference between other ones.

When I use my flash, everything comes out white too.

i'm getting frustrated with it.
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif

I have this one from SONY. I HIGHLY reccomend it. It was like $350 and is rated amongst one of the best "point and shoot" cameras avail. It's 2.5" LCD is very fast and the batteries last a long time.

My dad has a Pentax Optio that I really like. He ordered it from QVC, but I don't see his model on their site anymore. I'm going to be buying a digital camera soon and I think I will look at Pentax.

My aunt has a Canon digital camera that sucks, but I think it might be an older model.

Here's mine. Canon Powershot A80. 4.0 MP, 11x total zoom - swivel screen (which I LOVE! Especially for FOTD's - because you can swivel it out and look in the screen to see your positioning!) I also researched on it... like how Canon has an all glass lens - and that they are primarily a camera company. I also have a Canon camcorder, which is also awesome! My mom had a 35mm Canon, which was like the pro version w/ the add on flash pack, huge lenses that go on the front etc. I think it's a good brand that I can trust. I've had no problems - I just have to find the right lighting... but as far as reg. pics... you can be in a pitch black room (tested it in my basement!) and the picture comes out like you have a million lights on. Its so cool! It also has a million settings and options to adjust levels n' stuff. You can also do effects, (b&w, sepia, etc.) and take movies that are only limited time-wise to the amount of memory in the flashcard. I love it! I've tried a few of my friends cams (recently the new Olympus 6mp) and I think mine were clearer.
redface.gif
Good luck!

This is a great post. I am looking for a digi cam too and these are some good suggestions.

Originally Posted by Jennifer i love my nikon coolpix 5600 :icon_love And WHERE are all the pics!?!?! LOL
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 And WHERE are all the pics!?!?! LOL
wink.gif
jennifer won't take pictures (FOTDs) because jennifer is self-conscious
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Jennifer jennifer won't take pictures (FOTDs) because jennifer is self-conscious
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Well, tell Jennifer she's gorgeous & she's nutty if she thinks otherwise!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Tell Jennifer that her "twin sis" commands her to take pics!
wink.gif
Heck, I do - and we're twins right? lol
wink.gif

lol @ jen and janelle!

thanks for the recs so far.

i heard that nikon is a good brand. gotta tell the bf to research. lol

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well, tell Jennifer she's gorgeous & she's nutty if she thinks otherwise!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Tell Jennifer that her "twin sis" commands her to take pics!
wink.gif
Heck, I do - and we're twins right? lol
wink.gif
LOL! thank you
smile.gif

liz, nikon is the best brand for digi cams. my 2 friends are technology freaks and both recommended nikon. the next up is fuji. definitely get a nikon. it's also the size of your palm, so it's good for on-the-go.

Originally Posted by Jennifer LOL! thank you
smile.gif

liz, nikon is the best brand for digi cams. my 2 friends are technology freaks and both recommended nikon. the next up is fuji. definitely get a nikon. it's also the size of your palm, so it's good for on-the-go.

Canon's good too! lol

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Canon's good too! lol YES it is. canon is so high up there, people forget to mention it.
icon_redface.gif

My mom is now the new owner of the Canon, and I got a new cam!!

I got the Nikon 8800 and I just took it out of the box with all the accessories I got with it (got it as a package bundle w/ lenses and stuff) so I haven't read the book yet... but I took a few 'auto' shots and I'm really liking it!! It has a swivel screen like the Canon had (now a priority for me) and tons of features... hope to take a photog. class and see what this baby can do!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Here's a link to pics of it... http://inet.art.pl/foto/nikon_8800_a4.jpg

and here's what I got with the bundle:

<LI class=pointstyle>COOLPIX 8800 Digital Camera <LI class=pointstyle>Wide Angle Lens <LI class=pointstyle>Telephoto Lens <LI class=pointstyle>Filter Kit <LI class=pointstyle>5 piece cleaning kit <LI class=pointstyle>Tabletop Tripod <LI class=pointstyle>55" Tripod <LI class=pointstyle>1GB Compact Flash Memory Card <LI class=pointstyle>Hi-Speed USB Card Reader/Writer <LI class=pointstyle>All Aluminum Hard Case <LI class=pointstyle>Deluxe Camera Case <LI class=pointstyle>Adapter Ring <LI class=pointstyle>NKCP8800SK1G<LI class=pointstyle><LI class=pointstyle><LI class=pointstyle><LI class=pointstyle>
n8000k.jpg

Maybe we'll get a good FOTD now lol
wink.gif

PBI-

Canon is the only brand i use, for my professional stuff and goofin off stuff.. Can't recommend anything else. My 35mm Canon is from the early 80's and its metal and heavy. Every time i bring it in to get its check up, the camera guy tries to get me to sell it to him so i can buy a new (PLASTIC!!!) one.... um.. NO!

Originally Posted by MacForMe PBI-Canon is the only brand i use, for my professional stuff and goofin off stuff.. Can't recommend anything else. My 35mm Canon is from the early 80's and its metal and heavy. Every time i bring it in to get its check up, the camera guy tries to get me to sell it to him so i can buy a new (PLASTIC!!!) one.... um.. NO!

My mom has a 35mm like that - takes great pics
smile.gif

nice cam, janelle! nikons are the best
wink.gif

liz, have you decided on a new cam yet?

Latest posts

Back