Recommendations for Eye Make Up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A friend of mine came to me yesterday and asked for me to help her find some eye make up that doesn't react to her skin/eyes. Right now, she only wears eye liner (brown/black) and mascara but wants to wear eye shadow as well. She's been asking me how I do my own make up and is now wanting to play with it herself.

Problem is make up she has tried in the past has made her eyes itchy and blotchy so she asked me to her her find something she can use. So far, I have been lucky in that I am not allergic to anything (except pollen) so I am not sure what exactly to recommend to her.

Is this a problem anyone else on here faces that could recommend some products for her to try?

For any type of eye make up definitely give Mary Kay a try. It is a fabulous product that is not too many people know about. I'm spreading my best beauty secret weapon: Affiliate link deleted - See Terms of Service for more information.

Good luck =)

Does she know what's she allergic to in eye shadow? It could be one of the binders in it. Has she tried mineral makeup? I would say have her try some type of mineral make up - including indies. Right now my favorite indy is Glamour Doll Eyes and not because she's a member here or because she's a site supporter but because her shadows are very pigmented. Your friend can order samples for under $2 each and if she doesn't have a reaction she can order more. Vee also lists the ingredients on each item including whether the product is vegan or not vegan.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does she know what's she allergic to in eye shadow? It could be one of the binders in it. Has she tried mineral makeup? I would say have her try some type of mineral make up - including indies. Right now my favorite indy is Glamour Doll Eyes and not because she's a member here or because she's a site supporter but because her shadows are very pigmented. Your friend can order samples for under $2 each and if she doesn't have a reaction she can order more. Vee also lists the ingredients on each item including whether the product is vegan or not vegan.
Oh cool, thanks Zadi!

Back