Recommended mascara?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doe

Reaction score
Hey,I'm new.

I currently use Sky high curves mascara by Maybelline and its good but now its getting dry and clumps and flakes way too much.
icon_frown.gif

So now i'm looking for a new mascara,there was a Rimmel one that i was interested in..i cant remember its name now but its the one with a comb instead of bristles..however i read some reviews of it on make up alley and they were bad so i wont buy that.

I've been browsing these threads and i've seen alot of you love Diorshow..so i'm thinking of getting that aslong as it isnt too expensive.

What do you all think of mascara's with combs instead of bristles? are they better?

Is Diorshow worth it?

Just want to mention i'm 14 and dont live in the US so i doubt i can get some really high end mascaras.

--Dorra
icon_cheesygrin.gif

hey doe, first of all welcome to the board : ) second of all i would not recommend the rimmel mascara that's applied w/ the comb.

a few that have worked for me are: lancome flexsomething and hypnose, doirshow and maybelline volum' express.

there are plenty of drugstore brands that work well so if money is an issue i would stick w/ those rather than the more expensive brands : )

Welcome to MuT doe! I'm Laura from Ireland. I've used the Rimmel mascara with the comb. I think its called EXAGERRATE or something like that but i really hated it. It flaked really easily and i ended up with panda eyes after 30 mins or so. I have found another mascara by Rimmel that i liked though. Its Extra Super Lash. I love that. I also swear by YSL Faux Cils mascara & i just bough Shu Uemera Basic mascara and i love that too.

I've never bought it but i have tried L'Oreal Voluminous & that gets rated pretty well as a drugstore mascara if you'd like to try that one out.

If you need help with anything on the site just shout!

I was not a huge fan of Diorshow...not worth the $ in my opinion. It didn't really add volume or lengthen or anything, just darkened. Then, the tube dried up SO quickly(and I always make sure to tighten the top as much as possible), so I couldn't even use it anymore. I use Max Factor 2000 Calorie instead. It does everything I could ever want from a mascara!

Originally Posted by Blondtgr I was not a huge fan of Diorshow...not worth the $ in my opinion. It didn't really add volume or lengthen or anything, just darkened. Then, the tube dried up SO quickly(and I always make sure to tighten the top as much as possible), so I couldn't even use it anymore. I use Max Factor 2000 Calorie instead. It does everything I could ever want from a mascara! I was soooo close to buying 2000 calorie because i heard it was really good,but then i decided against it

i really like helena rubinstein mascaras, they add volume as well as length and darkens the lashes without making them look separated in clusters like other mascaras do.

Hi! welcome to mut!

my fave mascaras are:

-shu uemura basic mascara

-mac fibre rich

-diorshow

Hi! I like Sky High Curves and most of Maybelline's other mascaras, however I have noticed they tend to get a little clumpy before the 3-month expiration date. (You do know you should throw out mascara after 3 months to prevent bacteria, right?
wink.gif
) I buy a new one about every 2 months or so instead, at $5 I figure I can afford it .... their Full n Soft mascara is a little less clumpy although it doesn't lengthen as well... I always buy the waterproof version of Maybelline's mascaras and they NEVER flake on me, although I've had other drugstore brands flake.

The Rimmel one you're thinking of is probably Volum' Eyes. I HATED it, it was the clumpiest, grossest thing I've ever seen .... however every other girl that reviewed it loved it. I just couldn't get it to work. Everyone did say you had to take a lot of extra care when applying it (wipe extra mascara off the comb, comb your lashes a lot, etc) but I figured why take the time when my Maybelline mascara gives me great results in much less time? You can read the reviews here:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/reviews/sh...&fromMyIndex=1

My personal favorite is still Maybelline though, so I can't recommend anything else
wink.gif
I have heard a lot of good things about L'Oreal's Voluminous mascara though!

If you want cheap then I would use Loreal voluminous or the max factor 2000 calorie one. They both work well.
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks girls..I think i'm definatly going to try L'Oreal Voluminous since you all love it so much
wink.gif

Girl_geek...I do know about the 3month rule
wink.gif
..infact i was arguing with my friend they other day because she was saying it was a waste of money to throw it away every 3months...i was like "would you rather go blind!!?"

I'll be travelling soon so i'll be sure to check out as muc mascara's as possible in duty free's because you can always find everything there
cool.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha Welcome to MuT Doe! I love these mascaras:
Shu Uemura Basic

Stila Lash Visor (waterproof)

Stila Major Lash

Stila Fiber Optic

I used to love

Max Factor 2000 calorie

Lancome Definicils

YSL Faux Cils but dont really use them anymore x

I saw someone mention Stila firber optic on some other website and they said it is amazing and makes your eyelashes look like falsies..is that true?

Originally Posted by Trisha It did on me, with only 1 coat!! x ooh...sounds interesting..but i doubt Bahrain will have any Stila cosmetics
icon_sad.gif
I'll just have to hope the duty free in dubai or melbourne have stila (doubt it
icon_rolleyes.gif
)

Originally Posted by lovesboxers If you want cheap then I would use Loreal voluminous or the max factor 2000 calorie one. They both work well.
icon_biggrin.gif
I agree! I use Voluminous and have prompted many friends to switch! They love it. I read somewhere (I have the link at home) that MF 2000 Calorie was one of the top 10 overall highest rate mu products. All of the other contenders were department store brand cosmetics. ((It wasn't just mascara on the top 10 list)).
If you have a Walgreens around you (sorry to pimp WG's again)....you can buy cosmetics and return them if you don't like them. I would just confirm this when you purchase b/c that is SUPPOSED TO BE our policy, but some managers may be different.

Melissa

Originally Posted by eightthirty I agree! I use Voluminous and have prompted many friends to switch! They love it. I read somewhere (I have the link at home) that MF 2000 Calorie was one of the top 10 overall highest rate mu products. All of the other contenders were department store brand cosmetics. ((It wasn't just mascara on the top 10 list)).
If you have a Walgreens around you (sorry to pimp WG's again)....you can buy cosmetics and return them if you don't like them. I would just confirm this when you purchase b/c that is SUPPOSED TO BE our policy, but some managers may be different.

Melissa

damn..i wish i lived in the US
tongue.gif

I love YSL Faux Cils. I wasn't impressed with Diorshow. I've also used Max Factor 2000 calorie mascara and it works well. I'm just trying a sample of Lancome Hypnose mascara and it gives great volume.

Hey there!

Welcome! YOu don't have to spend a lot of money for good mascara. The mascara that works for me that doesn't clump is Maybelline's Full n' Soft. I love it and so do my clients! Keep in mind that when mascara gets old it does dry up and will get clumpy and at that point it's time to get a new one
smile.gif
You should change your mascara every 6 months and don't share it w/anyone to prevent eye infections
smile.gif
Good luck!

Originally Posted by doe Hey,I'm new.I currently use Sky high curves mascara by Maybelline and its good but now its getting dry and clumps and flakes way too much.
icon_frown.gif

So now i'm looking for a new mascara,there was a Rimmel one that i was interested in..i cant remember its name now but its the one with a comb instead of bristles..however i read some reviews of it on make up alley and they were bad so i wont buy that.

I've been browsing these threads and i've seen alot of you love Diorshow..so i'm thinking of getting that aslong as it isnt too expensive.

What do you all think of mascara's with combs instead of bristles? are they better?

Is Diorshow worth it?

Just want to mention i'm 14 and dont live in the US so i doubt i can get some really high end mascaras.

--Dorra
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back