Refirigerator in the garage....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

Reaction score
Anyone have a second refrig in the garage and does it have icing problems? We had a 20 year old one in the garage and it iced up all the time and I had to take it apart to defrost it... Iced up around the cooling coils... S we get a new LG, cheaper model, and put it out there and guess what!!! Ice all over the bottom of the freezer... like it's flowing from the back everytime it goes through it's drfrost cycle.. So today i releveled so it tiltes backwars a bit.. and we shall see if that helps...

Anyone have a problem with one in thier garage??

Karren

Reaction score
We have an older freezer in the garage and it does exactly what you say. The cooling coils seem to have a permanent coating of thick ice. I guess if global warming gets too bad I can always donate my extra ice to the arctic.

I always thought that the garage freezer had more ice because there is more available moisture in the air, coming out of solution because of the colder temps in the garage (ambient). What does the engineer think, a problem with the freezer or an environmental issue? (and not the Al Gore kind)

Reaction score
Lol.. Hey I'm just a dumb coal miner.. But I think its the additional moisture in the garage added to the fact the stupid son never shuts the frige door... But still it should be able to handle that moisture when it defrosts.. The condensation should run down the appropriate channels into the tray underneath and evaporate.. But its not!! May have to do an field enginnering modification!! Hehe

Reaction score
Hey Karren, The concrete does hold alot of moisture. My grandfather had at one time 9 Mustangs (the car) and he would never keep them on concrete when stored. He had a big barn with a dirt floor for his toys. They were never covered and never had any rust show up on them anywhere. The dirt kept them dry underneath.

So you may want to figure out a way to create a moisture barrier for under your refirigerator.

Beth

Latest posts