Removing tubing mascara

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having the worst time with this. I've tried holding a wet cotton ball or wash cloth on it and swiping it but it doesn't seem to work. I'm rubbing and rubbing. This can't be good for your tender undereyes. Any tips?

soak a cotton pad with warm water, dab on your lashes for half a minute, then wipe the tubes off.
Yeah, I wish that would have worked for me. That's why I'm here asking. I had two different kinds. Neither one came off with this method even holding it longer. I got so frustrated I threw them away.

Having the worst time with this. I've tried holding a wet cotton ball or wash cloth on it and swiping it but it doesn't seem to work. I'm rubbing and rubbing. This can't be good for your tender undereyes. Any tips?

Tubing mascara is a vinyl based mascara. To remove it you just need to gently rub-and-peel the mascara off. (Hence the name "tubing" mascara. The mascara coats a lash in a "tube", once dried, it stays put, to remove you just gently peel the tube off.) No need for removers as they will just gum up the mascara and make it much worse and take forever to remove.

Yes, that's what I thought. Did exactly that and it would not come off, along with also trying to hold a wet warm cotton ball on it. I was pulling out eyelashes and stretching my undereyes. I tried both the Loreal one and the Laison one. Never again. I just have so much trouble with smudging I thought this was the best idea. Stayed on great, just wouldn't come off.

Yes, that's what I thought. Did exactly that and it would not come off, along with also trying to hold a wet warm cotton ball on it. I was pulling out eyelashes and stretching my undereyes. I tried both the Loreal one and the Laison one. Never again. I just have so much trouble with smudging I thought this was the best idea. Stayed on great, just wouldn't come off.

Sorry it didn't work out. Instead of using a cotton ball, try using a cotton pad and saturate it in warm water and hold in place for 30 seconds and then peel / wipe the mascara off.

Tubing mascaras are a patient process... Well, all mascaras are... Especially when it comes to removing them. Well, you get the idea.

I have had best results splashing my eyes with copious warm water and rubbing gently, followed by washing with cleanser, some brands have left traces under my eyes, 2hich I removed with micellar water and a q-tip.

Sounds like too much work. They make it look so easy on videos, but I haven't found any method that works. I think I'll skip them from now on and deal with the smudging. I'm a woman of "a certain age" and all this rubbing is making my wrinkles worse. Hopefully one day I'll find a mascara that doesn't smudge.

Latest posts

Back