Renee Zellweger is a strange one

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Read here what she thinks about the Brits when shooting films
icon_rolleyes.gif
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...73&in_a_source=

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk Read here what she thinks about the Brits when shooting films
icon_rolleyes.gif
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=320550&in_page_id=1 773&in_a_source=[/quote]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...73&in_a_source=

Hey there Donna,In reference to the quote below, I think Renee just meant that Americans tend to be louder and less reserved than the British. This is true! She felt obnoxious because British people often view Americans this way. We tend to be very straight forward which can be interpreted as brashness. However, we mean no harm! LOL.

The British are very polite and reserved/quiet, so we may seem rude and "clumsy" to them.

If anything, Renee is a just pointing out cultural differences rather than implying that one culture is better than the other.

We dig Brits! They are, as a whole, intelligent, conscientious and helpful!

Here's Renee's quote:

The 35-year-old tells this week's Time Out magazine: "What did become apparent to me when I was living in England were my Americanisms.

"I felt that so strongly. I felt loud and inappropriately direct. "I felt curt and clumsy and I felt obnoxious in my straightforward way of communicating."

Originally Posted by Californian Hey there Donna,In reference to the quote below, I think Renee just meant that Americans tend to be louder and less reserved than the British. This is true! She felt obnoxious because British people often view Americans this way. We tend to be very straight forward which can be interpreted as brashness. However, we mean no harm! LOL.

The British are very polite and reserved/quiet, so we may seem rude and "clumsy" to them.

If anything, Renee is a just pointing out cultural differences rather than implying that one culture is better than the other.

We dig Brits! They are, as a whole, intelligent, conscientious and helpful!

Here's Renee's quote:

The 35-year-old tells this week's Time Out magazine: "What did become apparent to me when I was living in England were my Americanisms.

"I felt that so strongly. I felt loud and inappropriately direct. "I felt curt and clumsy and I felt obnoxious in my straightforward way of communicating."

She shouldnt feel like this because i think she is putting all Brits into one catagory here. We are all different and if she is saying this then people in the USA might think that we are allwalking around like in Burberry macs with umbrellas and she is just generalising on the people that she met over here. Had she come to the Midlands, she would have found lots of people who are big and brash and loud lol. When i was in the usa i was told i was more American than the Americans lol. Not sure what that meant.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by donnamaryuk She shouldnt feel like this because i think she is putting all Brits into one catagory here. We are all different and if she is saying this then people in the USA might think that we are allwalking around like in Burberry macs with umbrellas and she is just generalising on the people that she met over here. Had she come to the Midlands, she would have found lots of people who are big and brash and loud lol. When i was in the usa i was told i was more American than the Americans lol. Not sure what that meant.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
Hhhahah. Good point. Yes, she did generalize and I know what you mean. We have some very stuffy Americans here that need to relax. Take Martha Stewart for example. Maybe they will help her be more well-rounded in prison.I admit to enjoying people who are just REAL, period! Quiet, loud, sarcastic, sweet... it does not matter, just be cool! Ya know?

Latest posts

Back