Report: Arrest Warrant for Hayden Panettiere in Japan

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hayden_panettiere320.jpg

An arrest warrant has been issued in Japan for Hayden Panettiere, the Heroes star says in an interview.

"I learned today that I have an arrest warrant out for me in Japan because of what I did for Save the Whales," Panettiere, 18, is quoted as telling E! News.

Late last month, the actress-activist participated with others in a confrontation with fisherman during a dolphin hunt.

Asked what the repercussions might be from the warrant, Panettiere said, "Potentially jail, but I doubt it. ... I guess they could come here and get us, but probably not."

On Oct. 30, Panettiere joined other activists in paddling on surfboards into a cove near Taiji in southwestern Japan, in an attempt to interfere with a dolphin hunt there. The incident drew worldwide attention when video of it – including footage of Panettiere weeping on shore after being turned back – reached the Internet.

Would Do It Again

Panettiere said the arrest warrant does not faze her. "I'd do it again," she said of the protest. "Very possibly, might do it again."

The actress added that the personal risks involved paled in comparison to the potential good that could come from the activists' actions.

"I was very excited that people were interested in what we did," she said. "In [Hollywood], you tend to only get publicity for not wearing underwear or going to rehab."

Good for her..however when you are visiting a country m you MUST respect their laws.

I saw this on one of those entertainment shows tonight. She came out of the water crying. It was horrible though. they showed an overhead of the water she had been in where they were killing the dolphins. The water was totally red from blood and spreading out. It was awful.

Im so glad she did it, it brings attention to the issue. Ive seen an even more graphic video in were they show them stabbing and doing all these horrible things to the poor dolphins.

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif I saw this on one of those entertainment shows tonight. She came out of the water crying. It was horrible though. they showed an overhead of the water she had been in where they were killing the dolphins. The water was totally red from blood and spreading out. It was awful. I saw the exact same thing as you, and i give her props for being such a strong and commited individual

I do think good for her for bringing awareness to it..

it's not a nice issue unfortunately

Latest posts

Back