Reversible Lip Liner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What brands has everyone used and what works? Even when I wear lip liner (which I hate BTW) my lipstick bleeds horrible.
icon_mad.gif
I was thinking of purchasing either Duwop's Reversible Lip Liner or Benefit's DeGroovie.

Originally Posted by Leadfoot What brands has everyone used and what works? Even when I wear lip liner (which I hate BTW) my lipstick bleeds horrible.
icon_mad.gif
I was thinking of purchasing either Duwop's Reversible Lip Liner or Benefit's DeGroovie. Hi... I've used 2 reverse lipliners... the DuWop one and Cargo.
For me, I didn't like either one. I ended up throwing out the DuWop one because it had to be sharpened all the time, thus leaving less and less product. And it dried out too quickly. Did it work? not very well for me
frown.gif

The Cargo was "ok". I didn't get that finished look that I love on my lips.

Now having said all this... I do have a huge problem with lipstick bleeding into my fine lines on my upper lip area.

What has worked for me for over a year now is a cream I apply by Lancome...Primordiale Lip...OMG!!! for me , this stuff is a miracle.

I happen to love lip liners and many times just use liners to fill in my lips... but at times the red color liners still bleed.

Since every color lipstick I wear is some sort of red.. I can have a problem with bleeding... but this stuff does the trick.

At the store, the SA applied WAY TOO MUCH of the Prim Lip on me, imo.

It was/is expensive $30... BUT, I learned that just a pinhead amount is enough. And it has lasted me all this time. And still works
smile.gif

Another one I have is Elizabeth Arden- All About Lips... this works well also. $20 for a tube... but the same thing, just apply a tiny amount all around lips and above and below and you're set
smile.gif

hope this helps someone
smile.gif

I use the Duwop r/l/l, I'm not sure I see the big deal with it. I probably won't buy another when this one runs out.

Another vote for DuWop-- its fantastic, but Redroses is right, you have to sharpen it a LOT!

Originally Posted by Marisol What's a reverse lip liner? Reverse l/l is an nude, almost invisible pencil that helps you to define your lips and create a border around them so that l/s and l/g doesn't bleed outside of your lip line. Its less harsh looking than l/l, and gives you a bit of room to line just outside the lip line to make your lips look a bit poutier!

Originally Posted by ikebana Reverse l/l is an nude, almost invisible pencil that helps you to define your lips and create a border around them so that l/s and l/g doesn't bleed outside of your lip line. Its less harsh looking than l/l, and gives you a bit of room to line just outside the lip line to make your lips look a bit poutier! Interesting... almost like a lip primer or something like it?

Originally Posted by ikebana Reverse l/l is an nude, almost invisible pencil that helps you to define your lips and create a border around them so that l/s and l/g doesn't bleed outside of your lip line. Its less harsh looking than l/l, and gives you a bit of room to line just outside the lip line to make your lips look a bit poutier! L'Oreal has a clear l/l that can be used for this also. and alot cheaper.

Originally Posted by Trisha the DuWop and most reverse l/l are generally a clear/nearly clear waxy based liner that fills in the lines around the lip so the lip colour doesnt bleed. so its a primer i guess x Thanks doll!

Latest posts

Back