Review/Swatches: BH Cosmetics Jenni Rivera's 36 Color Eyeshadow and Blush Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Main article page: https://www.makeuptalk.com/products/bh-cosmetics-jenni-riveras-36-color-eyeshadow-and-blush-palette

Disclaimer: I received this palette for review. Opinions are 100% honest.​

This palette is one they need to make part of their permanent line because the colors are so pigmented, creamy, smooth and the colors blend easily. This is by far my favorite palette of all time because all of the colors are colors I love to wear. In fact, several colors are reminiscent of a couple of prestige palettes I own. I could easily gush and rave about each individual color but instead I'll talk about the palette as a whole (though the deep green and deep blue are by far my favorite two colors in it).

The actual palette:

The Jenni Rivera palette contains 30 eye shadows and six blushes. Each shadow pan is roughly the size of a US dime. Some of the colors (specifically the reds) I like as eye shadows but love more when mixed with a clear gloss for a pop of sheer color. The blush pans are roughly the size of a US half dollar coin. While the pans may seem small the fact is that these colors are so well pigmented, rich and vibrant that a little goes a long way.

The shadows with shimmer are more easy to work with than the few matte colors. While the mattes still went on easily the mattes felt more dry on the skin than the shimmers which felt more creamy.

There are a few problems with this palette but these are all minor problems. The first problem with the palette is that some of the colors are TOO pigmented - specifically the black and dark grays. What a problem to have right? On bare skin the color may stain your skin so I recommend applying these over a base or primer to protect your skin. When applied over a base or primer the color does not stain the skin.

Another problem is also due to the pigmentation in the blushes, if you are heavy handed you may find yourself with very bright pink cheeks so I recommend to lightly, and I do mean lightly since my brushes picked these colors up easily, lightly apply the blush. Yes the colors will blend easily but still you don't need a lot. I found that out the hard way the first time I used this palette and was shocked, absolutely shocked by how vibrant these colors are. I don't have a heavy hand to begin with but I found that with the blushes, especially the last two darker colors, a little goes a long way.

I also found these colors make a fantastic eyeliner because of how pigmented the shadows are. The first time I used one of the shadows (the dark green) as a liner I was pleased by how gorgeous the color was as a liner. The only colors I wouldn't use on a daily basis as an eyeliner are the reds simply because red liner could possibly make your eyes look tired and blood shot.

Does it crease? I used an eyeshadow primer from another company and found that these shadows do not crease on my skin however each person's skin is different and some might find the colors to crease.

Does it fade easily? The darker the color the longer the shadow lasted. Some colors on me - specifically the light matte colors seen in the second row - tend to fade out within a few hours.

Does it blend easily? As I mentioned before, I did find the colors to blend easily. These colors are also buildable which means if you apply a small amount and think it's too light you can easily apply more to build the color. The darker the color though the less you need to work with unless you have a heavy hand.

Full sunlight, no primer or base used. Swatched on bare skin, one swipe only.
The first row was taken outside however the ISO level was set at 200, I didn't realize it until I transferred the pictures to my computer. Once I realized the image came out dark I switched the ISO to 400.​

As for the case itself. The palette case is typical of other BH Cosmetic cases that it is a hard matte black case with a mirror. No applicators come with this particular palette. When you open it a plastic sheet is between the mirror and the shadows which is nice since you can keep that plastic sheet to help protect the shadows when in storage. The clasp to the palette on the hand may pose a potential problem if you drop the palette it's possible the clasp will break since it's thin plastic. The hinge is nice and long and not like some palettes where the case has two or three short hinges that break easily.

Would I recommend this palette?

Yes. It's relatively inexpensive and considering BH Cosmetics tends to have fantastic sales on their palettes you can probably pick this palette up for as little as $15 (give or take). As I mentioned before several of the colors in this palette can dupe other more expensive brands palette colors. While these colors are all on the warm side I still think that those with cool undertones can use it.

The negative:

I have only one complaint about the Jenni Rivera palette from BH Cosmetics. That complaint is that this is a limited edition palette which means once it's sold out that's it there is no more. So if you've been eying this palette but haven't wanted to purchase it for whatever reason I do think you should get it before it's too late. I really do think that this palette should be made part of the permanent line because every single color in it I absolutely love and wear.

Price
$24.95

Manufacturer:
BH Cosmetics

Great review! I don't have any Jenni Rivera products, but that is a really nice palette and the price is great. I love the red, green, and blue in the top row.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

... The shadows with shimmer are more easy to work with than the few matte colors. While the mattes still went on easily the mattes felt more dry on the skin than the mattes which felt more creamy.
Did you mean that the shimmer are creamier?

Awesome review!! Thanks for the swatches!!
claps.gif

Thanks for showing the swatches. Very helpful. I'm such a sucker for anything packaged in a kit. And BH is selling it for $16.22 right now. Hard to go wrong with a price like that.

Thanks for the recommendation! I just ordered this with the 5th Edition 120 Palette, the foundation primer, and a lip liner for $51.91. Not that I needed anymore makeup, but I've never tried this brand. I'm excited :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Angelaelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for showing the swatches. Very helpful. I'm such a sucker for anything packaged in a kit. And BH is selling it for $16.22 right now. Hard to go wrong with a price like that.
Oh, that is a fantastic price! I really do have to get this. I have so much makeup already, but I keep coming back to admire the beautiful colors in these photos!

I am a beautician the palette and price range are really awesome. The shades and colours are quite cool. I must have to get it. Thanks for sharing Guys

I went a little crazy with the ordering and bought the Jenni Riviera collection, the 88 color tropical shimmer palette and the 32 color lip gloss palette. No I don't have a makeup addiction problem. Why do you ask?

I went a little crazy with the ordering and bought the Jenni Riviera collection, the 88 color tropical shimmer palette and the 32 color lip gloss palette. No I don't have a makeup addiction problem. Why do you ask?
LOL Nope, I don't see a makeup addict at all.

LOL! Well, if you keep buying after this, then you may have an addiction problem. But what a great addiction to have - makeup is just SO fun!

Great review. Lucky for me the colors are similar to lots of products I own so I get to pass on this.

i love this palette! i agree some colors are too pigmented, but hey, that's okay =) get yours now people! u wont regret it!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back