Reviews!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is to encourage you all to write more reviews! There's been several times when I've search for reviews of a product and found none (or maybe just one or two), yet when I post a thread about it several people respond saying they've tried the product!

I know a lot of you log on at least once a day -- just write one or two reviews each time you log on, and before you know it, we'll have a ton of reviews!
wink.gif

claps.gif

That's a great theory!...and they should remember to put it into the review section..not just in any of the ol' posts that are around asking if you tried this/or/that.... correct???

Originally Posted by girl_geek Hey everyone, this is to encourage you all to write more reviews! There's been several times when I've search for reviews of a product and found none (or maybe just one or two), yet when I post a thread about it several people respond saying they've tried the product!
I know a lot of you log on at least once a day -- just write one or two reviews each time you log on, and before you know it, we'll have a ton of reviews!
wink.gif

claps.gif

i ALWAYS think to do some, but i never have time to sit and write it all out!

to be honest i don't really like how the reviews are organized here... which discourages me from writing them
frown.gif
it just seems very chaotic and unclear. sorry, it is just my opinion, I didn't mean to offense anybody
icon_redface.gif

i've written reviews for the few products that i use. i just have a lot of shadows, and i'm HORRIBLE at describing stuff. so it's really hard for me. lol
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky to be honest i don't really like how the reviews are organized here... which discourages me from writing them
frown.gif
it just seems very chaotic and unclear. sorry, it is just my opinion, I didn't mean to offense anybody
icon_redface.gif
Could you give us more details as to why the review center seem chaotic and/or unclear? I think it would help if we had the feedback to see if it can be improved.

Originally Posted by girl_geek

Hey everyone, this is to encourage you all to write more reviews! There's been several times when I've search for reviews of a product and found none (or maybe just one or two), yet when I post a thread about it several people respond saying they've tried the product!
wink.gif

claps.gif

Thanks Girl Geek! Great Idea! Post them up!

Hey Sky,

Wow! While we love critics and try to make thing easier, we cannot when we don't know
wink.gif

We really gave allot of market research and thought into how to make the review center simple and easy when we first devised the system. We tried to make them. If you look at the review center front page here, they are all laid out by subcategories

Another thing that makes writing reviews easy is once you locate a review on something you want to review, just simply click on "review this now".

Thanks and let us know

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky

to be honest i don't really like how the reviews are organized here... which discourages me from writing them
frown.gif
icon_redface.gif

smile.gif
ok, I will write now now that I see you are interested in feedback. these are only my impressions and it is possible nobody would agree with me.

I will try to explain, although without showing you exactly with my finger what I mean is going to be difficult...

1. lets say i go to the main page and I click on blushes.

I would personally prefer if it refered me into another subcategory place. I click on blushes and I see different brands. this is what I would prefer. then I could only browse brands that seem interesting to me. Instead, clicking on blushes sends me instantly to all reviews.

2. links

above each review there is link, that looks for example like this:

Makeup-->Blushes-->NARS-->penny lane cream blush

I can only click on this whole link and it sends me to all reviews of this one product.

wouldnt it be asier if link was separated... and cliking on makeup i would be send back to the makeup page... clicking on blushes i would be send back to blushes page... clicking on NARS i would be able to see all NARS products.. I think it would facilate reviews browsing.

I know you can access these specific categories through search but I think if you could access it through the links it would be much easier and faster.

These are my main concerns. I didnt mean to say that the review center is not made well, only that it would need some adjustment for me find it easy to use. It is possible though that I find it chaotic because I am used to browsing different reviews site that have different site structure.

smile.gif
best regards

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Hey Sky,
Wow! While we love critics and try to make thing easier, we cannot when we don't know
wink.gif

We really gave allot of market research and thought into how to make the review center simple and easy when we first devised the system. We tried to make them. If you look at the review center front page here, they are all laid out by subcategories

Another thing that makes writing reviews easy is once you locate a review on something you want to review, just simply click on "review this now".

Thanks and let us know

Originally Posted by girl_geek Hey everyone, this is to encourage you all to write more reviews! There's been several times when I've search for reviews of a product and found none (or maybe just one or two), yet when I post a thread about it several people respond saying they've tried the product!
wink.gif

claps.gif

yeah you are right! THe same happened to me! I will start writing more reviews!

You know, while we are critiquing the review system, there's one thing that's been bothering me
wink.gif
When I choose both a category and a keyword to search by, e.g. I select the category "Blushes" and enter the keyword "matte", the search results list products from ALL categories, not just Blushes! Or at least, when I enter two search criteria like that, I expect it to only give me results from Blushes...

Normally though, when I search I just enter a category and a brand, and that works as expected
wink.gif

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky it is hard to explain, I hope you know what I meant. do you mean like at the top of the forum pages how it goes:makeuptalk -> messgaeboard -> chit-chat etc.?

Originally Posted by Liz do you mean like at the top of the forum pages how it goes:makeuptalk -> messgaeboard -> chit-chat etc.?

YES! don't you think it would make the site browsing easier?

Hey SKy,

Thanks for the feedback! Your second suggest is a good suggestion. We actually have thought of this modification and could possibly move forward with it soon. Thanks again.

smile.gif
ok, I will write now now that I see you are interested in feedback. these are only my impressions and it is possible nobody would agree with me.I will try to explain, although without showing you exactly with my finger what I mean is going to be difficult...

1. lets say i go to the main page and I click on blushes.

I would personally prefer if it refered me into another subcategory place. I click on blushes and I see different brands. this is what I would prefer. then I could only browse brands that seem interesting to me. Instead, clicking on blushes sends me instantly to all reviews.

2. links

above each review there is link, that looks for example like this:

Makeup-->Blushes-->NARS-->penny lane cream blush

I can only click on this whole link and it sends me to all reviews of this one product.

wouldnt it be asier if link was separated... and cliking on makeup i would be send back to the makeup page... clicking on blushes i would be send back to blushes page... clicking on NARS i would be able to see all NARS products.. I think it would facilate reviews browsing.

I know you can access these specific categories through search but I think if you could access it through the links it would be much easier and faster.

These are my main concerns. I didnt mean to say that the review center is not made well, only that it would need some adjustment for me find it easy to use. It is possible though that I find it chaotic because I am used to browsing different reviews site that have different site structure.

smile.gif
best regards

I like the review center and i love how when a product that i want to know about i get an email in my inbox. Very Handy. Saved me loads of £££££

Originally Posted by Pauline I like the review center and i love how when a product that i want to know about i get an email in my inbox. Very Handy. Saved me loads of £££££ ok, i will try to change my attitude, I am starting wrting my reviews now
smile.gif

ok, i will try to change my attitude, I am starting wrting my reviews now
smile.gif

Vanilla, we're updating the review center with your #2 suggestion. I liked it! It will take a few days

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Vanilla, we're updating the review center with your #2 suggestion. I liked it! It will take a few days yay!
claps.gif
i think it will encourage me to write more revievs
smile.gif

Back