Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse Foundation (Emma Stone)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I caved and bought the New Revlon mousse foundation. I ran across the display with Emma Stone and due to my overwhelming girl crush I had zero willpower.

I purchased the lightest shade "vanilla" which is the one Emma is said to be wearing in the ad. Being that she's super pale I was hoping it would be a match. I'd heard mixed review on the stuff (too sparkly, not enough coverage, runs lighter than the real photoready, etc).

Btw I read she was wearing this in the color nude (2-3 shades darker than vanilla) at this award show...after testing I HIGHLY doubt it could be a color match for her. I know she's the face for the product, but I doubt she actually uses it in lieu of something better matched to her skin tone in real life. 

first I swatched it onto my arm next to my nyc ivory foundation (far left) which is the lightest I've come across and with my new favorite Nyx's hd foundation in porcelain (middle). 

As you can see it's actually lighter than my Nyc makeup which is awesome, but very yellow and dark compared to my perfectly color matched NYX concealer. WHY won't NYX make a foundation in this shade to match the concealer?!

This is what they look like blended out and not in direct sunlight so you can see the "cast" it puts on my skin. The NYX is the only one that is barely visible with the Revlon being better than my current color but still quite obvious. 

So as usual I applied with a very light hand so it doesn't show up too dark. this is what it looks like with no other makeup. VERY dewy but not sparkly at all like I hear people say

This is with my full face...I put clinique finishing powder to set the makeup and it gave a nice glow through without looking shiny. My face definitely had a yellow tint to it in comparison to my neck and chest color which i'm not fond of. 

And this is in direct sunlight to test to see if I look like a twilight vampire (the top complaint)

the only glitter I saw was on my eyes...none on my face at all, just a nice glow. 

Overall it's the lightest foundation I've come across which is great. I just hate having to apply it so lightly that I don't get the full benefit of the product. 

Has anyone else tried these?

I'm glad i'm not the only one who has a girl crush on Emma Stone, i love her! I was really excited to see that she was the face of a new foundation because she is so pale. I hope to pick it up tonight if it isn't still sold out at my local store. I don't really care if i have to use it lightly because i just want it to slightly correct the pink blotches on my cheeks. I hate full coverage or even medium coverage foundation because it always feels too thick to me.

I'd give it a try then. it's kind of pricey....almost $14 so just a warning there. I could see it doing well to eliminate redness. I have absolutely no redness, no natural flush, no standard pigment to my skin so I really need something that is powdery white...anything leaning yellow or pink looks ridiculous on me. The NYX concealer is like a 90% match (slightly pink), but their foundations start 6 shades darker at Nude...I can't make sense why they won't expand the color selections. 

I second the plea for lighter shades, that NYX looks pretty awesome though =) The yellows don't go with my skin at all though, it's too bad, that mousse stuff looked really cool

It's cheaper then the Pixi one i was going to try
biggrin.gif
and i agree if they have that light of a concealer then obviously they have a market for that light of a foundation. I don't understand nobody having super pale foundations, there is a ton of us pale girls out there with money in our hands ready to jump on the right foundation.

Originally Posted by ChemicalMakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I second the plea for lighter shades, that NYX looks pretty awesome though =) The yellows don't go with my skin at all though, it's too bad, that mousse stuff looked really cool

I would SERIOUSLY suggest checking out the NYX concealer. They are brand new at Ulta and I literally stopped dead in my tracks when I saw it. It is by far the palest concealer I have ever come across and works great. Plus it's only $5! 
laughing.gif

I <3 NYX prices hardcore, and people who put them down for being inexpensive are crazy, a lot of their stuff works just as well as high end brands. The only thing I've had problems with is their jumbo pencils. Have you tried the Cover Girl Natureluxe foundation? That's the palest foundation I've found thus far but I haven't tried the NYX ones. I could definitely use a pale concealer though

No I havn't tried it yet. Does it lean yellow or pink at all? if you do ever have a chance I'd love to see a swatch as well 
smile.gif

Just asking- so which undertones is this mostly for? I am legitimately interested in buying a foundation with a fire warning on the back haha

From what I've seen they all seem to have strong yellow undertones to them so it would depend if that works on your complexion or not 
smile.gif

Thanks- it actually does work (I have a yellow-blueish undertone, mostly yellow) for me!! I'll try it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From what I've seen they all seem to have strong yellow undertones to them so it would depend if that works on your complexion or not 
smile.gif

I'm so happy! I bought the Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse Foundation and it is the closest match to my skin that i have ever had! It is slightly too yellow and a little too dark but you can barely tell where my makeup stops (if i blend well) it also covers the red in my face really well. I need to try it applying it more lightly because i did it a little too heavy the first time (it was a fun mousse how could i not?) i'll upload pictures later when i do my makeup! Thank you sooooooo much Amber!

Originally Posted by 13Bluestar97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am legitimately interested in buying a foundation with a fire warning on the back haha

LOLOL

I might try this foundation just for the heck of it since it has good yellow undertones. I found the original Photoready foundation nice unless I was going to be in the sun. You really can see the sparkly particles with that one!

There, now that I'm at my home internet connection it's working. The left is a smear and the right is blended. Cover Girl Natureluxe 105

Originally Posted by myrmillonis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so happy! I bought the Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse Foundation and it is the closest match to my skin that i have ever had! It is slightly too yellow and a little too dark but you can barely tell where my makeup stops (if i blend well) it also covers the red in my face really well. I need to try it applying it more lightly because i did it a little too heavy the first time (it was a fun mousse how could i not?) i'll upload pictures later when i do my makeup! Thank you sooooooo much Amber!
YAY!!! I'm so glad it worked for you. It's definitely one of the palest drugstore foundations I've come across. I have a bit of white foundation I'm going to mix with it next time to see if It could be my new go to base color. 

There, now that I'm at my home internet connection it's working. The left is a smear and the right is blended. Cover Girl Natureluxe 105
Thanks for the swatches!!! It definitely looks like it has too much of a pink undertone for my particular coloring. If i HAVE to lean pink or yellow, yellow suites my skin tone much more. the finish of the product seems really smooth though 
laughing.gif

I might have to try some of this stuff, since it looks like it has nice pink undertones!

first I swatched it onto my arm next to my nyc ivory foundation (far left) which is the lightest I've come across and with my new favorite Nyx's hd foundation in porcelain (middle).
I know you just bought foundation, but one that really works for me, and I'm just about translucent, is CoverGirl Clean Liquid foundation in ivory. I've got cool undertones to my skin, and it just really brightens my face up. It doesn't have much coverage though, medium to sheer depending on how you apply.

Latest posts

Back