Ricki Lake Sets the Record Straight on John Mayer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
mayer_lake320.jpg

Yes, John Mayer recently admitted to having a "crush" on her. But Ricki Lake insists their relationship hasn't moved beyond casual cocktail party chit-chat.

"I swear to God, there is no story," she told PEOPLE Wednesday during a photoshoot for the magazine. "I met him at a party. He admitted he had a crush and I admitted, hey, vice versa. That was it. I wish there was actually something to tell. There was nothing."

Last week, Mayer, 30, and Lake, 39, talked and exchanged phone numbers at a Manhattan party – and the New York Post's Page Six promptly reported on the possible love connection.

"He was adorable. Nice," Lake told the PEOPLE reporter. "[but] I've been more intimate with you than I was with him."

Even if there had been sparks, the single mom adds, the tabloid frenzy would have cooled things down. "The media [attention] blew my chances!" she mock-lamented.

That night, the two did both attend events for John C. Reilly's new film, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, but their paths didn't seem to cross.

Lake attended the premiere, where she again shot down rumors of a romance, calling it "completely overblown." Mayer, meanwhile, hit the afterparty at Social Hollywood, where he sat with a small group of friends and noshed on appetizers.

Mayer split with Jessica Simpson earlier this year and has been dating Friday Night Lights star Minka Kelly since September.

Latest posts

Back