Ricki Lake's Weight Loss and Confidence Gain

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ricki_lake240.jpg

Ricki Lake showed off a newly trim figure at a charity event in Los Angeles on Thursday, and credits a strict exercise regimen for the transformation.

"I think I had [that muscle] under all that fat all those years. I think it was just there," Lake told PEOPLE at the Choose Your Cause Launch Party and Charity Benefit at Fred Segal Fun in Santa Monica.

Her secret? "I work out with a trainer three days a week," she said.

Lake, who is single, dated a personal trainer after her 2004 split from husband Rob Sussman. But don't expect similar sparks to fly this time.

"He is totally hot, but he's 25, and I have to draw the line at 30," said Lake, who is 39. "Thirty is like my starting point."

Besides, she said, she isn't actively looking to jump back into a relationship. "I'm just starting dating, and I'm not desperate, and I'm not lonely," she said. "I'm really happy being alone."

In most recent project, Lake serves as executive producer on a new documentary, The Business of Being Born, about the maternity care system in America.

"It looks at all that from my own personal experiences," says Lake, who has two sons with Sussman. "It's fascinating."

GO Ricky! Go Ricky!

she looks gorgeous! good on her. I say, if it works for you, then go for it! she looks amazing that's for sure

I love ricki lake, im really happy for her. I remember when her talk show first aired. lol

All that yo-yo flux cannot be good for her. She does look good, no doubt about it, but if she can maintain a slightly bigger figure but stay the same weight, that might be even better in the long run for her health.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif All that yo-yo flux cannot be good for her. She does look good, no doubt about it, but if she can maintain a slightly bigger figure but stay the same weight, that might be even better in the long run for her health. I was having the same thoughts. She looks great but all that yo-yo dieting can ruin your metabolism.

She looks good. Shes goin to be in a show on lifetime if you ladies ever watch that. It looks good but I like the lifetime channel so yea.

this is going to sound bad but she's still a little chubby but congrats to her for losing all that weight!

Latest posts

Back