Riff raff

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went into a Target--- ONCE.

There were two very large, dirty and frightening looking people ( like gang members) who were caught shoplifting just a few feet from me.

They started fighting, the police were using tasers, and management employees were also screaming.

I asked God to let me get out of there and I would never darken the doors of Target again. I haven't and I won't. I paid my personal shopper to pick me up some of the Jason Wu whimsical things that Target had, as they actually do cooredinate with his couture line, but I will never go into Target again.

Scared me very badly!!!

Originally Posted by TallCoolTexan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There were two very large, dirty and frightening looking people ( like gang members) who were caught shoplifting just a few feet from me.

They started fighting, the police were using tasers, and management employees were also screaming.

I asked God to let me get out of there and I would never darken the doors of Target again. I haven't and I won't. I paid my personal shopper to pick me up some of the Jason Wu whimsical things that Target had, as they actually do cooredinate with his couture line, but I will never go into Target again.

Scared me very badly!!!
Um, you're quite the dramatic one. I've seen this before but it wouldn't stop be from going somewhere...you can walk home from work and encounter the same traumatic experience...things happen. There are bad and good people everywhere, not just Target lol. This is coming from someone who doesn't even like Target much, prefer Walmart.

Scared me very badly!!!
I'm jealous that you have personal shopper.

As for Target. It's actually a really nice store - much better than Walmart - and unfortunately people target (no pun intended) any store including high end ones. Unless the store is a boutique that you're buzzed in and pay $1,500 for a $5 tank top then all stores have the potential for crooks. Our local Macy's had a group of people break into it overnight (last year) and the swat team had to be called in. It's an indication that our area is bad or the store is trashy but rather thieves who thought they could get away with it.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm jealous that you have personal shopper.

As for Target. It's actually a really nice store - much better than Walmart - and unfortunately people target (no pun intended) any store including high end ones. Unless the store is a boutique that you're buzzed in and pay $1,500 for a $5 tank top then all stores have the potential for crooks. Our local Macy's had a group of people break into it overnight (last year) and the swat team had to be called in. It's an indication that our area is bad or the store is trashy but rather thieves who thought they could get away with it.
Honey, in this area, most of us have personal shoppers to go into the cities ( Dallas. Fort Worth, sometimes Austin)  and come back with fab things for us. I live in an area called " The Bubble"... It's a lot of fun to be so pampered.. Like I said in my first post, I decided to pick a rich, younger, much younger, man when I got married, and lordy mercy, the lifestyle is thrilling. Underneath it all, I'm just a little country girl from Alabama, though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Shhh.  

AND to the poster who thinks I was being a drama queen about the Target experience, NO, I was not. I was scared out of my mind. I don't remember getting out of the store.. but I do remember that I said " Never again" to a known probably dangerous situation in a city. I was new to the area at the time, and didn't know that Target and Wal- Mart are frequent attractors of riff raff, That was 10 years ago. We all pick and choose what life we will have, and I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine. Thanks!!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow. Must be nice to breathe your rarified air. "Riff raff"? Seriously?

I have noticed you drop a lot of hints about your "wealth" in your posts, things that aren't particularly relevant, just, well, obvious and a bit tacky. I don't think anyone in particular cares or is particularly impressed. I move in some rather higher end social  circles myself on occasion, and I know how those who brag about "wealth" are perceived. This is a friendly little forum where we tend to try to avoid judgement and offense. Let's keep it that way.

Honey, in this area, most of us have personal shoppers to go into the cities ( Dallas. Fort Worth, sometimes Austin)  and come back with fab things for us. I live in an area called " The Bubble"... It's a lot of fun to be so pampered.. Like I said in my first post, I decided to pick a rich, younger, much younger, man when I got married, and lordy mercy, the lifestyle is thrilling. Underneath it all, I'm just a little country girl from Alabama, though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Shhh.  

AND to the poster who thinks I was being a drama queen about the Target experience, NO, I was not. I was scared out of my mind. I don't remember getting out of the store.. but I do remember that I said " Never again" to a known probably dangerous situation in a city. I was new to the area at the time, and didn't know that Target and Wal- Mart are frequent attractors of riff raff, That was 10 years ago. We all pick and choose what life we will have, and I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine. Thanks!!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow. Must be nice to breathe your rarified air. "Riff raff"? Seriously?

I have noticed you drop a lot of hints about your "wealth" in your posts, things that aren't particularly relevant, just, well, obvious and a bit tacky. I don't think anyone in particular cares or is particularly impressed. I move in some rather higher end social  circles myself on occasion, and I know how those who brag about "wealth" are perceived. This is a friendly little forum where we tend to try to avoid judgement and offense. Let's keep it that way.
Thank you for posting this. I have been noticing on this trend on several threads and find it quite irritating. 

Well, sometimes when you support yourself and your mother on $10 an hour, you don't have much of a choice but to shop amongst the "riff raff" I guess.

I have to agree with Angie on that. There's a saying, those with money don't talk about it, those without do.

Agree with the above. I'm also laughing really hard at the idea that "we all pick and choose what life we will have". 

Honey, in this area, most of us have personal shoppers to go into the cities ( Dallas. Fort Worth, sometimes Austin)  and come back with fab things for us. I live in an area called " The Bubble"... It's a lot of fun to be so pampered.. Like I said in my first post, I decided to pick a rich, younger, much younger, man when I got married, and lordy mercy, the lifestyle is thrilling. Underneath it all, I'm just a little country girl from Alabama, though. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Shhh.   AND to the poster who thinks I was being a drama queen about the Target experience, NO, I was not. I was scared out of my mind. I don't remember getting out of the store.. but I do remember that I said " Never again" to a known probably dangerous situation in a city. I was new to the area at the time, and didn't know that Target and Wal- Mart are frequent attractors of riff raff, That was 10 years ago. We all pick and choose what life we will have, and I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine. Thanks!!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Wow! You're a piece of work! I'm surprised you have slumped so low as to talk to us :rolleyes: And sweetie, sugar, darling (insert whatever condescending name here) why are you even on this forum if you have personal shoppers and can't be bothered to (gasp!) shop at a Target.

Wait, that post wasn't satire?  It's just so unbelievably over-the-top that I am having a hard time believing it's for real, especially because of the reference to living in The Bubble.  It just smacks of stuff my friend Doug used to say when he pretended to be something he wasn't, like an Appalachian goat farmer or Microsoft executive (one of his favorite hobbies was coming up with the most bizarre things he could think of and see how many people believed him).  It's people who honestly have that mindset who make me glad I live in such a trashy neighborhood that I will never have to worry about seeing them around here.  People actually refuse to get out of their cars here because they're afraid they'll get stabbed.  I just refuse to go for walks after dark because I'm scared tree roots will break through the sidewalk and pull me underground.  Oh, hi, overactive imagination!  How are you doing?

(Having said that, I will not even set foot on a Walmart parking lot.  I hate them for political, economic, and sociological reasons.  But because of the clientele?  Not on my list of reasons to avoid them.  Plus I shop at Winco, which is strictly a grocery store and where you can see pretty much exactly the same customers as at Walmart, except at Winco, you get to see exactly what grocery items they buy and pretty much nothing else.  *That* can be terrifying, but for entirely different reasons, especially if you read books like _The Revolution Will Not Be Microwaved_ and watch movies like _The Future of Food_.)  

I've never been so embarrassed to be from Texas as I am right this moment. Some people are just unbelievable.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never been so embarrassed to be from Texas as I am right this moment. Some people are just unbelievable.
iagree.gif

From Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."
Edit: meaganola beat me to it!
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back