RIP Kalea

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My other betta fish hasn't been well the past three days. He hardly eats and looks sickly. I was trying to think of a humane way to put him out of his misery. I just looked now and the little guy is dead. He was a funny fish, always wanting to fight me if I stared at him too long. May he rest in peace. Here is Kalea..

grumpyfish5bp7bc7.jpg

This is what he looked like when he was ready to fight...

whatareyoulookingatfishtk7.jpg

Aww I'm sorry. People sometimes don't understand how sad you can get over the loss of one of these guys unless you've had one for a really long time. I've had mine for a long time now, I want to say like 2 years. He's been taking spells where he stays at the bottom for a while. I don't want him to die
frown.gif

RIP kalea!! He was very pretty!

Thank you for your kind thoughts.
smile.gif
I had Kalea for two years. Every morning he would swim over, stare at me, and open/close his mouth fast, as if to say feed me now! They are intelligent.

Kalea stayed at the bottom quite a bit. Apparently betta fish have a special breathing mechanism. Not only do they breathe through their gills but also in the throat there is special mechanism that helps them breathe while sitting on the bottom of a tank, bowl or in their natural habitat. Sometimes I thought he was dead because he was sitting so still at the bottom. Other times he was suspended in his plant.

Latest posts

Back