Romijn Ready for Marriage No. 2

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rebecca Romijn and John Stamos couldn't make a full house. Now she's trying again with a new beau.

The model-actress and her boyfriend of a year and a half, actor Jerry O'Connell, are engaged, Romijn's publicist, Lewis Kay, confirmed to E! News.

"We couldn't be happier and are looking forward to the next chapter of our lives," the obligatorily giddy couple announced in a joint statement Tuesday. No wedding date has been set.

According to Us Weekly, which first reported the engagement, O'Connell, 31, popped the question over the weekend at his family's New York City apartment, sealing the deal with "a humongous diamond ring."The magazine also quotes an unnamed source close to the couple saying Romijn, 32, "is not pregnant." Baby rumors have dogged the couple for months.

This will be the second matrimonial go-round for Romijn and first for Crossing Jordan star O'Connell.

The couple met on the Vancouver set of the Ben Affleck romantic comedy Man About Town in April 2004, just after Romijn's split from Stamos following six years of marriage.

She finalized her divorce from the former Full House star in March and reverted back to her nonhyphenated maiden name.

The longtime bachelor O'Connell, whose credits include Stand by Me and Sliders, was previously in a longterm relationship with E! News anchor Giuliana DePandi. He had also been publicly linked with former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

The couple are now back in Los Angeles for some heavy-duty wedding planning--and their respective day jobs.

Aside from sharing credits on Man About Town, which is slated to open in early 2006, and the indie romantic comedy The Alibi, due out this year, each has several solo projects in the works.

Romijn is reprising her role as the blue-hued, shape-shifting Mystique in the X-Men 3, which is currently shooting. She is also set to star in the WB's midseason replacement Pepper Dennis as the titular ambitious reporter.

O'Connell, meanwhile, has three films in the pipeline, including the computer-animated feature Cat Tale, in which he provides voiceover work alongside Sean Astin and David Cross. O'Connell returns as Detective Woody Hoyt for Crossing Jordan's fifth season, kicking off next Monday on NBC.

Originally Posted by Charmaine Hm...we'll see how long this one lasts. hee hee....hopefully longer than Renee and Kenny's...

Why do all these stars rush into these things? I guess some do it out of boredom and some hope it will last, but really I can't see myself getting married if I were in that business. I think it would just be too stressful.

They should have a minimum five year engagement period to get married if you're in that business!..lol..I bet that would eliminate alot of trips down the isle!

Back