Ron Paul

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES TO RON PAUL!!!

I'm glad you have written a thread about him.

He'd be the most honest and dedicated leader.

I love how they mentioned to him that everything about him has stayed constant over years, but the only thing he's ever changed was his party. *lol*

Oh, and Ron Paul is not a racist whoever has read that BS. He's actually written things about how wrong racism is in the past. And also, he is an individualist, or viewing people as individuals . . . and racism is a form of collectivism, or viewing people in groups. So that's not even possible that he could ever be a racist.

Like Shaundra said, she didn't say HE was racist, only that a lot of white supremacy believers vote on him.

My husband brought Ron Paul to my attention; he really likes the guy. Ron Paul sounded interesting. I like his policy, but then I read about his views on abortion (via his Web site) and I cannot vote for him because of that. That's too bad. He'd make a strong candidate.

He's anti-choice.

Originally Posted by Make-up_Hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif My husband brought Ron Paul to my attention; he really likes the guy. Ron Paul sounded interesting. I like his policy, but then I read about his views on abortion (via his Web site) and I cannot vote for him because of that. That's too bad. He'd make a strong candidate.
He's anti-choice.

He's not anti choice, but pro life and liberty. I've listened to his views on this and I agree with him that life and liberty are essential. I do recommending viewing more of his speeches on this issue, as I feel he has some very logical thinking.
But I must ask, do you really feel that the most important issue facing America today? I heard a saying one time that goes something along the lines of, someone that is your friend 80% of the time is not your enemy.

My personal opinion on the matter, I follow what my grandfather told me. Everyone wants to talk about their rights, but they never want to talk about their responsibility.

Originally Posted by colormeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif He's not anti choice, but pro life and liberty. I've listened to his views on this and I agree with him that life and liberty are essential. I do recommending viewing more of his speeches on this issue, as I feel he has some very logical thinking.
But I must ask, do you really feel that the most important issue facing America today? I heard a saying one time that goes something along the lines of, someone that is your friend 80% of the time is not your enemy.

My personal opinion on the matter, I follow what my grandfather told me. Everyone wants to talk about their rights, but they never want to talk about their responsibility.

As a female abortion is an important subject and as for responsibility who takes responsibility when someone is raped and gets pregnant? I doubt the criminal does.

Colormeup, I'll try to find his speeches about it. Do you know where I can find them?

As far as abortion, I am responsible, but birth control is not 100 percent effective. I believe woman should have a choice and I feel strongly about this, so my views won't get swayed. I come from a long line of pro-choice women and men, my mother and grandmothers included.

To illustrate Emily_3383's point, my mother told me that my father "raped" her several times in the 1970s. Back then, a husband could not rape his wife. But my mother said that my father's goal was to keep her, as she put it, "barefoot and pregnant." My father wanted eight or more kids. My mother wanted two kids (me and my brother). My mother had two. She said that she didn't want to bring another child into the world by such an abusive monster, that being my father. She left him and he never paid child support a day in his life for the two kids that she gave birth to.

I will support a candidate who will not threaten to take away a woman's right to choose.

From what I understand with Ron Paul is that he is Pro-Life but will leave it up to each individual state to decide what their stance is on abortion (amongst other things). That I find appealing - because he is not letting his personal beliefs dictate what federal law would be.

Unfortunately many of these issues are complex. As for Ron Paul video, here he is speaking at the Iowa Straw Poll. He starts with abortion and moves on to other issues. An interesting watch.

YouTube - Ron Paul's Speech at Iowa Straw Poll

Abortion isn't much of a factor when I vote. Simple put, abortion isn't going anywhere.

As for rape, those instances are rare. But rape is horrible regardless of the gender of the person who gets raped. But that is a whole different topic, and I don't have the answer for that.

No birth control is not 100% effective. But that is the risk you take when you have sex. Which brings us back to responsibility.

I don't intend to change anyones mind on this issue, as most people have very strong views. But I'd like to keep this thread focused on Ron Paul and not abortion.

Ron Paul is awesome, and if I could, I would definitely vote for him. Sadly, all I can do now is tell people about him. He is the only candidate who actually sticks to his beliefs and doesn't change his opinions. He was one of the only Republican candidates to vote against the Iraq War in the first place.The only other candidates to initially vote against it were Kucinich and Obama. Sure, some of them say that they would now vote against it, but if they get elected president, they might just as easily decide to go into war.

Ron Paul is seriously the only hope for America.
smile.gif

Ron Paul Revolution '08!

Originally Posted by PiercedLogic /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm all about Ron Paul, I love what he stands for and what he believes in. I was pissed that he was left out of the New Hampshire debates, that was complete bull. Every candidate should have a fair shot at letting the public know who he is. I was very happy the next day to see Ron Paul on Jay Leno about just this thing, Leno thought it wasn't fair as well. He has raised the most in the 4th quarter and he did it NOT with lobby-ist money like most of the other candidates, but with fund raisers and donations.
As for "I do not think it was wise of him to take Rudy Giuliani to task about 9-11"... Giuliani does nothing but ride on the coat tails of 9-11. Yes, it was awful, yes it never should have happened, but that was 7 years ago....we've killed more innocent people then those who were killed that day, let the chaos of 9-11 stop. Let this country stop spending billions we don't have, stop our economy from falling into the abyss and stop living in fear of something that happened 7 years ago..it's time to step forward and let this country get back to what it was based on and stop alienating the rest of the world and killing innocent people.

That's my two cents anyway...GO RON PAUL!

Couldn't have said it better myself, PL - esp. that bit about Giuliani, who I think is a one-line wonder. Ron Paul is the only candidate with the policies that can restore America's reputation in the international arena. ie. stop wasting money by interfering with the internal affairs of other countries.
My Australian friends and I saw Ron Paul on the various TV debates, and were deeply touched by his intelligence and his ideas. Go Ron Paul!!!

Originally Posted by Make-up_Hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif My husband brought Ron Paul to my attention; he really likes the guy. Ron Paul sounded interesting. I like his policy, but then I read about his views on abortion (via his Web site) and I cannot vote for him because of that. That's too bad. He'd make a strong candidate.
He's anti-choice.

He is NOT anti-choice. While he, as an OB/GYN finds abortion personally abhorrent, I understand that he thinks it should be a STATE issue, not a FEDERAL one.

Only one problem with Ron Paul, he's been at the smack bottom of the popularity chart. I like his views, but it's hard to support someone who has no chance of winning.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) /img/forum/go_quote.gif Only one problem with Ron Paul, he's been at the smack bottom of the popularity chart. I like his views, but it's hard to support someone who has no chance of winning. I agree- and this is said I think. I have been in this position before with people I have really liked..what do you do?

yeah we just had our primaries yesterday and Ron only got 3%. I am non- party affiliated so I couldnt vote for President, I would have voted for him though if I was a Republican.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) /img/forum/go_quote.gif Only one problem with Ron Paul, he's been at the smack bottom of the popularity chart. I like his views, but it's hard to support someone who has no chance of winning. it seems to me like he's always at the bottom because his supporters aren't voting in the primaries. plus it probably doesn't help that he's never mentioned on tv like in the news and stuff. he's doing pretty well, just getting ripped off by the media.
frown.gif

Yep, what you said is equal to no money.

Originally Posted by alexxx! /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it seems to me like he's always at the bottom because his supporters aren't voting in the primaries. plus it probably doesn't help that he's never mentioned on tv like in the news and stuff. he's doing pretty well, just getting ripped off by the media.
frown.gif

He has the best approach on foreign policy so far. The best, absolutely. I hope he wins.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ron Paul will end up like Ralph Nader with no one voting for him. It's all about the money
smile.gif
Actually, this is untrue. This year, he raised 6 million dollars in one day from individual citzens (not businesses), this was an unprecedented record.
You might not agree with his pro-life stance, but what candidate are you going to agree with EVERYTHING on? He is the only one who wants to leave Iraq immediately. There is no oil shortage. It is a myth perpetrated by the oil companies/lobbyists that pay stock dividends to govt officials like VP Cheney, so that they can charge you more $$$$. We have no business being over there, other than for an imperialistic strong hold on the Middle East. We will be attacking Iran next in this trend of our foreign policy.

If more people got informed, instead of paying attention to the distractions on tv/radio/internet, then Ron Paul would win. It has nothing to do with campaign money, but corporations' money and the media favoring the globalists who are in control of the banks (central banking system and IRS and Fed Reserve) and some are politicians themselves.

Back