Ron Paul

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Write your support for Ron Paul!

I've yet to come across a politician I like with the exception of Ron Paul. Finally someone that seems to have read constitution.

yay ron paul. i feel like i'm posting way too much about him lol :]]

i love himmmm, what can i say?

Ron Paul will end up like Ralph Nader with no one voting for him. It's all about the money
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ron Paul will end up like Ralph Nader with no one voting for him. It's all about the money
smile.gif
I much disagree. While the caucus's don't show him winning nomination I believe his supporters are a much wider scope than Nader.

I'm concerned about the strong support that Ron Paul is receiving from white supremacists and 9-11 truthers and other radical groups like these. Not only does it make me wonder why they're drawn to him, but also, I think these groups may prevent more mainstream voters from voting for him.

Also, I do not think it was wise of him to take Rudy Giuliani to task about 9-11. It's not America's fault that we were attacked. The fault lies on the radicals in Al Qaida who planned and acted out the plans. No one deserves to die like the people in the WTC, Pentagon, and those hijacked planes. No one.

I'm all about Ron Paul, I love what he stands for and what he believes in. I was pissed that he was left out of the New Hampshire debates, that was complete bull. Every candidate should have a fair shot at letting the public know who he is. I was very happy the next day to see Ron Paul on Jay Leno about just this thing, Leno thought it wasn't fair as well. He has raised the most in the 4th quarter and he did it NOT with lobby-ist money like most of the other candidates, but with fund raisers and donations.

As for "I do not think it was wise of him to take Rudy Giuliani to task about 9-11"... Giuliani does nothing but ride on the coat tails of 9-11. Yes, it was awful, yes it never should have happened, but that was 7 years ago....we've killed more innocent people then those who were killed that day, let the chaos of 9-11 stop. Let this country stop spending billions we don't have, stop our economy from falling into the abyss and stop living in fear of something that happened 7 years ago..it's time to step forward and let this country get back to what it was based on and stop alienating the rest of the world and killing innocent people.

That's my two cents anyway...GO RON PAUL!

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm concerned about the strong support that Ron Paul is receiving from white supremacists and 9-11 truthers and other radical groups like these. Not only does it make me wonder why they're drawn to him, but also, I think these groups may prevent more mainstream voters from voting for him. Don't even try to go there. White supremacist? I could make all kind of insinuations about obama supporters. I guess he's radical if you think the US constitution is radical. He believes in
The consitution? Check.

Life and Liberty? Check.

Small government? Check.

Local government? Check.

Balanced budget? Check.

Yeah, this is real radical stuff here. Tell you what, how about you specify exactly what makes him radical. Perhaps because he doesn't take corporate bribes and payoffs? I don't know, maybe you like the fact we have to borrow money from the chinese to keep running. You tell me.

Quote:
Also, I do not think it was wise of him to take Rudy Giuliani to task about 9-11. It's not America's fault that we were attacked. The fault lies on the radicals in Al Qaida who planned and acted out the plans. No one deserves to die like the people in the WTC, Pentagon, and those hijacked planes. No one. Why do you think they attacked us? Because we're free and rich? No they attacked us because of our foreign policy. We've been bombing the middle east for over 10 years! Gee... wonder why they don't like us. They didn't attack canada, or europe or asia, they attacked us. Perhaps if had policy of non intervention we wouldn't be in this mess.

I haven't read a whole lot about this man, but what I have read I like ....

One thing I can say is I am sick of the fact that if you are not one of the "main" parties- Republican or Democrat...then people figure, why even vote your you?! Ron Paul is Independent, right?? If am wrong, well, sorry
wink.gif
Then consider this a randon rant, lol. To be honest, there are things about BOTH parties that I strongly disagree with, to me it matters what the person's values are, not what party they are affiliated with. I wish all voters saw it that way...

Originally Posted by colormeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif Don't even try to go there. White supremacist? I could make all kind of insinuations about obama supporters. I guess he's radical if you think the US constitution is radical. He believes in
The consitution? Check.

Life and Liberty? Check.

Small government? Check.

Local government? Check.

Balanced budget? Check.

Yeah, this is real radical stuff here. Tell you what, how about you specify exactly what makes him radical. Perhaps because he doesn't take corporate bribes and payoffs? I don't know, maybe you like the fact we have to borrow money from the chinese to keep running. You tell me.

I'm sorry, you must have misunderstood me.
I never said Ron Paul was radical. I said he has strong following from radical groups. I'm saying that if he has backing from white supremacists and 9-11 truthers, that may turn mainstream people away from supporting him.

Quote:
Why do you think they attacked us? Because we're free and rich? No they attacked us because of our foreign policy. We've been bombing the middle east for over 10 years! Gee... wonder why they don't like us. They didn't attack canada, or europe or asia, they attacked us. Perhaps if had policy of non intervention we wouldn't be in this mess. Way to blame the victims. That must be it. It's entirely America's fault that we were attacked. As far as US foreign policy, when we don't do anything to help other countries, we're criticized. When we actually do something, we're criticized. So whatever. How dare we try to make the world a better and safer place...

Originally Posted by jessiej78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I haven't read a whole lot about this man, but what I have read I like ....
One thing I can say is I am sick of the fact that if you are not one of the "main" parties- Republican or Democrat...then people figure, why even vote your you?! Ron Paul is Independent, right?? If am wrong, well, sorry
wink.gif
Then consider this a randon rant, lol. To be honest, there are things about BOTH parties that I strongly disagree with, to me it matters what the person's values are, not what party they are affiliated with. I wish all voters saw it that way...

He's running as a Republican.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by PiercedLogic /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm all about Ron Paul, I love what he stands for and what he believes in. I was pissed that he was left out of the New Hampshire debates, that was complete bull. Every candidate should have a fair shot at letting the public know who he is. I was very happy the next day to see Ron Paul on Jay Leno about just this thing, Leno thought it wasn't fair as well. He has raised the most in the 4th quarter and he did it NOT with lobby-ist money like most of the other candidates, but with fund raisers and donations.
As for "I do not think it was wise of him to take Rudy Giuliani to task about 9-11"... Giuliani does nothing but ride on the coat tails of 9-11. Yes, it was awful, yes it never should have happened, but that was 7 years ago....we've killed more innocent people then those who were killed that day, let the chaos of 9-11 stop. Let this country stop spending billions we don't have, stop our economy from falling into the abyss and stop living in fear of something that happened 7 years ago..it's time to step forward and let this country get back to what it was based on and stop alienating the rest of the world and killing innocent people.

That's my two cents anyway...GO RON PAUL!

Giuliani was there in the middle of it, so it was personal for him. That's why I felt it was tactless and unwise for Ron Paul to bring that up. If we let 9-11 go and choose to forget about it, history is bound to repeat itself.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, he is Oops! Told ya I hadn't read enough about him.
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's entirely America's fault that we were attacked. As far as US foreign policy, when we don't do anything to help other countries, we're criticized. When we actually do something, we're criticized. So whatever. How dare we try to make the world a better and safer place... So tell me, if it wasn't our foreign policy then why were we attacked, you seem to be in the know.
Further the US constitution does not allow for aiding other countries. Why should americans pay money to other countries? Policing the world cost money and it's running us broke. Were borrowing money from China, printing money with nothing to back it, causing the value of the dollar to fall to the tune of 30%

Sorry these are not trends that I want to continue, which is why I support Ron Paul.

Ron Paul Racism

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvzsiESqVss&rel=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvzsiESqVss&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvzsiESqVss&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Originally Posted by colormeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif So tell me, if it wasn't our foreign policy then why were we attacked, you seem to be in the know. Like I said before, no matter what our foreign policy is, it's always going to be "wrong" in someone else's eyes. To deranged and delusional members of Al Qaeda, the U.S. represents an Evil that must be completely destroyed. Nothing we do (or don't do) will change that. You're looking for logic and reason where there is none. They will not stop regardless of our foreign policy.

Quote:
Further the US constitution does not allow for aiding other countries. Why should americans pay money to other countries? Policing the world cost money and it's running us broke. As far as I'm aware, the US Constitution says nothing for nor against helping other countries. The US is the world's sole remaining superpower. Whether we like it or not, people are occasionally going to look to us for assistance.

Quote:
Ron Paul Racism
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvzsiESqVss&rel=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvzsiESqVss&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvzsiESqVss&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Why did you link me to this? I never said Ron Paul was racist.

I will not be posting anymore in this thread, as it seems pointless for me to do so.

I appreciate that you have found someone that you believe so strongly in. Just know that I personally will not be supporting Ron Paul in the elections.

Originally Posted by Jordan0326 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm voting Ron Paul In 08 yay!

I was reading some more on Ron Paul and I really like what he has to say. He is all for lower taxes, for instance, which I think is crucial. I don't know for sure who I am voting for yet but his ideas are very refreshing to see!! I want to continue to do more research because I know that right now I am not very knowledgable on any of the candidates..

Latest posts

Back