roommates

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried those find a roomate websites? Can they be trusted? I live in the Tampa Bay area in Florida and I am looking for a roommate. I really dont know anyone here since I'm from New Jersey. I really dont want to move back there. Can anyone help out?

Lisa

I don't know if they are reliable or not but maybe you can try an apartment locator service. They may be able to help you find a roomate who is trustworthy and depenable.

Originally Posted by leelee04 Has anyone tried those find a roomate websites? Can they be trusted? I live in the Tampa Bay area in Florida and I am looking for a roommate. I really dont know anyone here since I'm from New Jersey. I really dont want to move back there. Can anyone help out?Lisa

I found my roommate on one of those sites, it was called BBS Gromco. I moved to NYC from Kentucky, and that's how I moved to NYC. I don't think the site is still around, but it worked for me. What we (me and the roommate) did was write up a "roommate contract" beforehand so we knew what to expect and signed it. I think if you proceed cautiously, it should be fine. Give yourself a little time, so that you don't panic and choose the first roommate you can find. My roommate was also originally from around the same area as I came from, so I knew beforehand that it would probably be okay. Some of the things in the "roommate contract" included for us: no smoking, no drugs, no pets, who would mail in the rent and when, and the terms of moving out.

I heard a friend say she was looking on something like that - because she wants to move to Florida soon... I think she just went to something called roomates.com or something similar ?
wink.gif

Thanks girls for your replys. I never heard of craigslist before. I tried looking up craigslist.com but I didnt really see anything. Thanks for you help though!

Lisa

Originally Posted by leelee04 Thanks girls for your replys. I never heard of craigslist before. I tried looking up craigslist.com but I didnt really see anything. Thanks for you help though!
Lisa

Sorry. Its Craigslist.org

Latest posts

Back