Rosacea

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I'm 27 and have somewhat mild rosacea. Not horrible, but noticeable without makeup on. I use concealer and all, but I was wondering if anyone has this problem and found something that really makes their skin look clear. Any time It gets hot out or I sweat a little, my makeup will run a bit and then you can see the redness. Ugh...thoughts?

YoAdrienne my mom has rosacea and she uses Lumene sensitive touch SOS cream and then she puts on concealer.she said that it helps but doesn't cure it.

Hey Adrienne, 

Try using a zinc shampoo, wash your hair and then put some on your face. I went to the derm for mine (light like yours) and that is what he prescribed. It seems to reduce it a bit, nothing cures it, but it made a difference for me <3.

hope this helps!

If your problem is sweating your makeup off use an antiperspirant on your face up into the hair line and near the ears. Apply with a makeup sponge, keep it thin, let it dry then apply your foundation and concealer. 

Originally Posted by studiomakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If your problem is sweating your makeup off use an antiperspirant on your face up into the hair line and near the ears. Apply with a makeup sponge, keep it thin, let it dry then apply your foundation and concealer. 
dito.gif

If the skin is irritated - makeup will not help the skin condition.

Try using a mild cleanser (Dermalogica happens to be a fav of mine - pricey but gets the job done!) Sometimes your skin needs some TLC and a good cleansing routine especially if you wear makeup regularly.

Devote 10-15 minutes in the morning & evening to ensuring you skin is clean! 

My personal ritual for removal of makeup  & cleansing is:

1. Removal wipes (before the shower) 1 minute

(while in shower- after bathing -- giving the pores an opportunity to open up to the steam...)

2. Wash with Oil of Olay gentle scrub. 30 sec.

3. Palmers skin success bar (somewhat "stripping, but cleanses) 20 sec.

4. Palmers Skin Success Facial Cleaning Milk (re-moisturize) 20 sec.

5. Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel (restores skin pH & moisture so skin returns to a supple condition) 30 sec.

6. Cotton oval with witch hazel/astringent (contains a bit of alcohol) over face & neck 30 sec.

7. Dermalogica multi-Active toner spray- entire face & neck 10 sec.

8. apply any medicines/ topicals (allow 2/3 minutes to absorb)

9. apply moisturizer/spf (leave on for 5-10 minutes before applying makeup.)

20-30 minutes out of your day can help your skin condition drastically...

If you can go a week or two, or more without makeup just to let your skin breathe- do so. Using only the special cleanse gel and ensuring to use a good toner (non alcohol) when you're done, then using a light SPF moisturizer afterward ONLY. This will give the skin an opportunity to adapt to the change and perhaps make some changes itself. Now if you cannot bear the thought of going without makeup and sweat seems to be the "curtain" revealing the underlying issue. I wouldn't use an antiperspirant on a daily... That is a quick red carpet fix.. not something for daily use unless you know your skin isn't very sensitive. However, rosacea indicated irritation in the epidermis... meaning there is sensitivity present & the agents used in an antiperspirant can clog your pores- making your current skin condition worse.  If sweat/oil is your concern, I suggest you try using a bit of milk of magnesia, allowing it to dry to the areas or the whole face prior to makeup application. Then apply your makeup.. this helps with the oiliness throughout the day. (I know... I've got pretty oily skin and it was my miracle from keeping my makeup from looking like an oil slick!)

I am just speaking from the professional standpoint not a "holier than thou" one lol.  

Skin clarification takes time and there are no real quick fixes out there besides hiding it, but if you want it cleared up fully- you have to take care of the skin issue at hand and then be concerned with minor fixes afterward :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) Hope that helps you... Good luck. 

Latest posts

Back