rosebud salve is my new love

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Charmaine I think Bath and Body Works carry it. bath and bodyworks is a different brand, but similar. but it's more expensive. it' slike $7-$8
icon_eek.gif

I HEARD GREAT THINGS ABOUT THIS IN MAGAZINES, BUT NEVER BOUGHT IT BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT PRODUCTS, BUT NOW THAT I READ THIS THREAD AND ALL OF YOU GUYS SAID IT WAS GOOD I GATTA BELIEVE IT.SO IM GOING TO BUY IT.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I like this product too. Especially the smell. Lightly well, rosebud. Wish it came in a mini size. Not that it's huge, but somedays that tin is too much to add to my purse.

I am not a fan of the Rosebud Salve. I bought it at Sephora and was disappointed by the scent and texture. Sadly, the smell reminds me of a funeral parlor?????? I also found it to be a little too greasy feeling. I use Benefit Smoo..ch instead. It is odorless and feels a little smoother on. I like how it gently exfoliates too.
claps.gif

Liz, you're right, I went to B&BW last night and the brand was Bigelow's. They didn't have a nice smell either. The only one was a mint...I don't care for mint. I'll have to go online and buy it.

Originally Posted by Liz bath and bodyworks is a different brand, but similar. but it's more expensive. it' slike $7-$8
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by **Jen** I'll have to go online and buy it. If you have Urban Outfitters neaby, they sell Rosebud too. (They do here in Canada, so I'm assuming the US stores have it as well.)

YIKES, our nearest I think is Boston. 2 hours away. Great new Avatar Em. he's so CUTE!!!

Originally Posted by iloveparis If you have Urban Outfitters neaby, they sell Rosebud too. (They do here in Canada, so I'm assuming the US stores have it as well.)

Originally Posted by Lindabear has anyone tried the strawberry one?? The strawberry one is nothing like the original, unfortunately! While the original is smooth and not waxy, the strawberry is waxy and not moisturizing! I love the scent of it though - too bad it's not the scent in the original!

I ordered the original one yesterday alone with a Nars blush so I could get free shipping. I needed a blush anyway
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Any reason for a Nars blush
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by FeistyFemme The strawberry one is nothing like the original, unfortunately! While the original is smooth and not waxy, the strawberry is waxy and not moisturizing! I love the scent of it though - too bad it's not the scent in the original!

Ok that's it, I'm trying this! I'm going on Ebay right now. I know it isn't sold anywhere near me. I'd probably have to go to Portland (45 min away). And I don't have time for that. Can't wait to try it!!

Laura-- I use the MK Satin Lips Balm too, I really love it but *whew* is it spendy. Had to laugh at someone's tip about dipping your lips directly in the pot...that's what I do with the Satin Lips! I thought I was kinda crazy!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Guess I was onto something!

I just purchased a rosebud salve through this ebay seller "catchdeal" for $5.75/with shipping with a buyitnow. Sealed. Her feedback is 99.9, if anyone is interested. THANKS FOR THE TIP JESS!!!!!

Originally Posted by **Jen** YIKES, our nearest I think is Boston. 2 hours away. Great new Avatar Em. he's so CUTE!!! Thanks, Jennifer....and glad u got a great deal on Ebay
smile.gif
Tell us how u like it when u receive it.

Originally Posted by **Jen** I just purchased a rosebud salve through this ebay seller "catchdeal" for $5.75/with shipping with a buyitnow. Sealed. Her feedback is 99.9, if anyone is interested. THANKS FOR THE TIP JESS!!!!! Have you received it yet? What do you think?
I bought the rosebud salve at Sephora this weekend and i'm not sure if I like it yet. It feels good upon application but just doesn't seem to last on me. I feel like it's gone in no time and I keep having to reapply more.
confused.gif
I had better success with my Plantlife lip balm. I can put it on at night and wake up with my lips still moist.

I like mine so far but I never paid attention if stayed on long enough...

I either have really dry lips or a serious lip balm compulsion (I'm thinking it's the latter of the two) because i'm constantly putting it on. I go through my lip balm in a hurry! Speaking of that, i'm gonna go put some on now.

I bought this about 3 months ago from Japanese cosmetics catalogue.

It was recommended product, along with the strawberry one. I purchased this two, one for me and one for my sister in-law. She love it.

The price was ¥1800 in Japanese currency, around $15 USD!!

It wasn't that cheap though in Japan, but I like it a lot!

icon_eek.gif
Oh my God!! that is way too expensive!! The regular one is $5.50 at Sephora plus tax!!

Originally Posted by Leony I bought this about 3 months ago from Japanese cosmetics catalogue.It was recommended product, along with the strawberry one. I purchased this two, one for me and one for my sister in-law. She love it.

The price was ¥1800 in Japanese currency, around $15 USD!!

It wasn't that cheap though in Japan, but I like it a lot!

Back