rosebud salve is my new love

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
thanks to liz for reminding me about this a little while back, i bought it and i LOVE it.

1. keeps my extremely dry and irritated lips moist, soft, and in great condition - and i bite/lick them A LOT

2. GREAT primer. it's like a barrier on my lips and prevents the lipstick/liner/gloss from getting into the lines, even when my lips aren't exfoliated

3. adds a very nice color to my lips. i hate my lip color and think it makes me look so blah and old, but this makes it look SO nice and wearable rosy.

P42204_hero.jpg

hehe
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif

isn't it great?! i have like 5 of them now. 3 that i'm using and 2 that i bought as backups while i was in sephora since i don't have a store near me.

and i like the color is gives my lips too. even a mac ma asked me what i had on

I love them too! I got it after Liz recommended them. I also use Liz's tip on using them... just sort of dip your lips into it. That way, your fingers won't get messy,

OMG!! I got this about 6 mos or so back, and I LOVE IT! It makes your lips feel soooo nice... and it is a fabulous cuticle moisturizer in a pinch too!

I have yet to try it yet but I'm expecting it in a swap. I hope its as good as everyone says
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Aniger86 I have yet to try it yet but I'm expecting it in a swap. I hope its as good as everyone says
wink.gif
i'm sure you'll love it
wink.gif
let us know how it works out for you!

Glad u liked the salve, Jennifer. Love this product too. Used to like the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, but after discovering this, I became a total convert.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess OMG!! I got this about 6 mos or so back, and I LOVE IT! It makes your lips feel soooo nice... and it is a fabulous cuticle moisturizer in a pinch too! I have a pot of this, it was nice on my lips but irritates the eczema I have in the corners
icon_sad.gif
So I've been using it on my cuticles instead.
I love the scent!

Not Rosebud Salve but i love Mary Kay's Satin Lips Balm.. I keep that on me the whole time and it does what you mentioned Jennifer! Forget lipgloss, balm rocks!

i really like it too. i got both my husband and my sister to use it and they like it too!! glad you enjoy it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I don't have and never tried it. I have lip biting problems also and I will give this one a try definitely. Anything to help my lips
icon_sad.gif
Which ones would you guys recommend?

Originally Posted by Jennifer thanks to liz for reminding me about this a little while back, i bought it and i LOVE it.
1. keeps my extremely dry and irritated lips moist, soft, and in great condition - and i bite/lick them A LOT

2. GREAT primer. it's like a barrier on my lips and prevents the lipstick/liner/gloss from getting into the lines, even when my lips aren't exfoliated

3. adds a very nice color to my lips. i hate my lip color and think it makes me look so blah and old, but this makes it look SO nice and wearable rosy.

P42204_hero.jpg

Originally Posted by Jennifer i'm sure you'll love it
wink.gif
let us know how it works out for you! Sure, will update after I've tried
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by lilla I don't have and never tried it. I have lip biting problems also and I will give this one a try definitely. Anything to help my lips
icon_sad.gif
Which ones would you guys recommend? How 'bout vasaline? Its really moisturising & really provides relief to very dry lips(like mine).

I don't mind good ol vaseline but I DO wanna try this Rosebud Salve or the EA 8 Hour Cream! Don't know where to get the Rosebud Salve in Van, BC though!

This stuff rocks! I used to use plain old Vaseline but it's so greasy so I tried the salve and am hooked. For one, it's not greasy. It works great on my lips, as a base, gloss or chapstick and I use it on my cuticles & hands all the time. Another plus, it smells great. For $5, you can't go wrong with this purchase.

We can always cp it for you next time you're getting something from US. That way it'll be in the same post!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha glad you love it guys, but its something silly like £5 over here! i know you guys get it cheap too! Boohoo!
i do love my Eve Lom Kiss Mix tho ans it actually nudes my lips, which i love!

I like Rosebud Salve when my lips are really dry, but I've found it also makes a great moisturizer for my nose when I've been sick and it's irritated!
wink.gif

Here are the ingredients that I copied from Sephora.com:

Ingredients:

.8 oz: Cotton Seed Oil, Borax, Aromol, With Essential Oils in a special Petrolatum Base.

Originally Posted by Trisha True true! does it have petroleum in it tho? if it does i wouldnt use it anyways!

You're welcome! xxx

Originally Posted by Trisha it should be cool then! thanks for finding that out Nilufer! x

Does anyone know of another place to get this other than Sephora? Does Nordy's carry it?

Latest posts

Back