Rosie O'Donnell Calls Oprah Winfrey a 'Force of Nature'

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rosie O'Donnell turned down the opportunity to promote her upcoming autobiography, Celebrity Detox, on Oprah Winfrey?s talk show because, she says, the subject matter is "too raw."

After a New York Post Page Six story ran Tuesday saying that O?Donnell "dissed" Winfrey in favor of a face to face with Diane Sawyer, O'Donnell wrote an open letter to the Chicago-based talk show queen that O'Donnell posted on her own Web site.

In the blog post, she explains – in her usual haiku style – "the book was hard to write ... i do not feel ready to discuss or defend the things i shared on those 209 pages."

An appearance on Winfrey's show is a coveted booking for authors, who have risen to the top of the best-seller lists after exposure on the program. Having already read the book, Winfrey told ET.com about O'Donnell's memoir, "I like the book very much. I thought Rosie in this book was so candid about what it's like to live a life in front of other people."

O'Donnell, 45, also writes in her letter that her selective silence regarding Celebrity Detox – which details her destructive past and speaks critically of Barbara Walters, her former employer and cohost on The View – is only temporary, adding, "my no has nothing 2 do with anything but me."

O'Donnell concludes her online message with the following:

oprah is a force of nature

her invitation made me cry

her kind words about the book

reinforces what we all know

2 b true about her

Cindi Berger, O'Donnell's rep, told PEOPLE, "Rosie is currently scheduled to do an interview with Diane Sawyer on Oct. 9" – the book's official publication date. The interview will run on Good Morning America, Berger said, adding, "I'm sure she will do Oprah for another project, just not this one."

Latest posts

Back